Children's books | Golden Skate

Children's books

M

mathman444

Children's books

Can anyone recommend some good books for a baby that will be 1 year old in April? Never too early, right?

Thanks.

Mathman

D

dlksk8fan

Re: Children's books

Go to the book store and check out the childrens section. I know that I liked to buy the books that the baby can touch and feel. It's never to early to start reading!

H

heyang

Classic Mother Goose with big bright pictures is always a good choice. Books with ABC's and 123's are good, too.

Also, board books are more durable than standard paper and easier for those little hands to try to turn.

S

Show 42

Anything plastic-made is good...:D Seriously,
"Pat the Bunny" is a great book. It has several tactile elements, a small mirror, cute pictures and story...42

L

Ladskater

Mathman:

I used to work in as well as manage a book store. There are a miriad of children's books available ranging from cloth books, to plastic books they can take in the tub and board books. There are Winnie the Pooh books and Thomas the tank engine as well as an array of animal and nursery rhyme books. The list is endeless! Visit your local bookstore and you will be amazed at what is out there. It's never to soon to buy books for the little ones.

Happy book hunting.

Ladskater

J

Jules Asner

Hans Christian Anderson - if you get the complete works there is a large variety from very short stories to some that are rather long. The Little Mermaid is his most famous but he also has others that were popular like Thumbelina and The Little Match-Stick girl. If the parents like to read to the child, it would provide a lot of readings.