How does one... | Golden Skate

How does one...

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
report an abuse of email?

On another board that I don't even bother visiting anymore because of this situation, I apparently 'caught the eye' of some weird guy. I thought I'd 'gotten rid of him' some time ago by just ignoring him online at all cost (he's blocked on all of my IMs with several names... plus I thought he was blocked on my email)

but now he's back and he's ANGRY to the point where it is starting to scare me. I let the admin of the board know a while back and he did ban the person but I know better than to think he can make sure he's not on with another IP And another sign in name/email/etc... so I basically lurk over there (Which stinks because I love the subject and the board)

Anyway he's emailing me again, but I don't know how to report him... he's on my hotmail account AND has found my yahoo account (the new one that I thought only family and close REAL LIFE friends knew about)... do they have places to report this sort of abuse? I would think they would considering the dangers....

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
Toni:

This does not sound good. Yes, report this to the administrators of your email account. Also do you have Spam Alert? Spyware will block anyone trying to send you weird messages.

Good luck!

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
I'm not sure how one goes about doing that MM...

how do I contact the admins of hotmail?

PolymerBob

Record Breaker
Most likely, the FBI or some other law enforcement agency would be able to track him down from his email address.

It's inconvenient. But you can also get new email addresses, only give them out to the people you want to have them, and be done with it.

I'm not sure how one goes about doing that MM...
I don't know either. But you live in a small town, right? Can't you just stroll over the the police station and get some advice in an informal way about how to register a complaint?

Jimmy Hoffa

On the Ice
Could you report him to the police or FBI?

That's what I would do, especially if he found an email that only "real life" people know about. He could be hacking into your computer without you realizing it and online harassment just may turn into real life harassment.

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
It sure does stink, I kind of had the same thing happen many years ago without email. Toni, please let us know how things turn out.

Dee