Youtube Videos | Page 4 | Golden Skate

Youtube Videos

April

Rinkside
Kim-- She laid down a solid skate. I still prefer Mao, nonetheless, bravo. :clap:
Zhang--I love her music, very mature and classic. Her,skating, however, looks very juniorish. She's very young and her skating reflects that naturally.
Carolina--I don't know waht to say about her skating. She's a speed demon. She's fantastic one moment and implodes next.
Fumi--She's in the same boat as Carolina.

bekalc

Record Breaker
Yeah, the sound clip on this version is way, way off. A lot of the moves in the program were designed to specifically accentuate the music, so this version really doesn't do the musicality in the choreography justice. Maybe this is the reason why people dislike the program so much right now?

I did notice that and I like it, I'm starting to like her program better.. One thing though I do love is the end, when to the music she does an Ina bauer with her head back, and the double axel. That ina bauer to a double axel is her signiture move. (She use to as a junior tack on a triple toe as well)

christinaskater

Medalist
She was not off, there was a delay in the sound and the video

They were not in synch

Miss Saigon is amazing! This program is only going to get better

Caroline, Mao, Miki and Yu-Na are bringing it! Whohoooooooooo

I think based on the free skates, Mao is the best when it comes to the programs, there are really complex footwork now that has been necessary aside from the 3-3

TO be number one, those twizzles needs some working for all the others

Miki and Mao if they skate their programs to its fullest with their amazing footwork would be again neck to neck. Yu-Na needs to up the ante of the footwork

emma

Record Breaker
Thanks for Evan and Stephane links. I couldn't watch Lambiel past the second jump, it just hurt too much to watch. Here's hoping he comes back strong at his next event!

I got the feeling that Lambiel went from competitor to a run through of his program after those first to mishaps. His jumps are so over rotated. He needs to cool down. There's time for Gothenberg, I think Euros will show whether he is ready.

With style, he is in a class by himself. Super.

Joe

crazydreamer

On the Ice
Kim's legs look too long for the rest of her body. I know that's a stupid reason, but it somehow keep me from enjoying watching her skate. I won't deny her skating skills, though.

netnuts

Match Penalty
I love Caro Kostner's Ex. She is so musical... Unfortunately she's horribly inconsistent.

Andalusia

Final Flight
Great new costume for Caroline, and it looks like she's gone back to "You Raise Me Up" for her ex. Perhaps she thought a slow ballad would appeal more to a Chinese audience? I was starting to warm to "Born To Try". This exhibition of hers wasn't as good as the Nats version, but it was very gutsy of her to go for a triple lutz/triple toe (!), even though the toe looked cheated. I would think that's how one gets a difficult combo consistent - don't just leave it in practice, keep putting it out there until you have it nailed down pat. I'm glad Caroline seems this determined.

mizu_iro

Final Flight
Kim's legs look too long for the rest of her body. I know that's a stupid reason, but it somehow keep me from enjoying watching her skate. I won't deny her skating skills, though.

I actually think that's the reason I find her skating so appealing...the long, willowy limbs, especially since she uses them well.

feraina

Record Breaker
Caroline's EX:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JRQrTFTSW9c

It's amazing, she seems to be growing up right in front of our eyes! As the weeks and days pass, I feel like she's turning into a young lady. I actually really like this exhibition, I feel like she's breathed new life into it since last season, and she gives it a little more substance and gravity, the lack of which made her skating look more juniorish before. :clap:

I can't help it, she reminds me of a young Michelle (around 15/16): the hair (!), the music, the beautiful split jumps, the last layback, the hand-touching-ground little turn, even the end pose. :love: When the video goes a little blurry, in some frames she really looks like Michelle. She did say in interviews that she goes to Michelle's rink for her advice/tips, and she also watches a lot of Michelle's old videos at home for inspiration. :agree:

It's awesome she went for the harder 3Z-3T! :bow: She's such a fighter. They both look the allowed 1/4-turn short to me (though pausing in youtube is a pain), just that the 3T landing is a little scratchy & forward-leaning (as is the subsequent 3F). It can't be easy in that dark rink under a glaring spotlight. Just how many other ladies, for that matter, men, try this combination in the exhibitions?! :rock:

Last edited:
Finally watched the gold and silver medalists.

Caravadossi really got shot at the end of that Puccini. Why did he show such poor sportsmanship toward Frank? He fell on the quad - not Frank. Actually the routine is looking better than at SA. He's got 26 pts to get into the Final where he can give it another go. He's looking good, if not the best.

Johnny just skates so beautifully and he never skated like feminine because no one was able to name a lady skater that Johnny reminded them of. Most of us agreed that any lady skater would love to skate like Johnny, and most men would too.

Outstanding for me was the stand-up one foot spin in the attitude position. Not easy and so few skaters can do more than two revs on it. Johnny I believe did four. The rest of course, was Johnny at his best. All he needs in CoR is a medal any color and he's in the Final.

Joe

jennylovskt

Medalist
Johnny just skates so beautifully and he never skated like feminine because no one was able to name a lady skater that Johnny reminded them of. Most of us agreed that any lady skater would love to skate like Johnny, and most men would too.

Joe

Joe, no lady skater skates like Johnny doesn't mean that it's not feminine. Who can say that skate like a swan is not feminine? That's the part that Johnny stood at the edge and keep "pushing the envelope". That is the part that still makes me wondering whether I like his skating or not. I don't care if someone is a gay or not, but I don't like to watch a man skate like a woman. It's just my taste. Hope I didn't offend anyone.

blue dog

Trixie Schuba's biggest fan!
Record Breaker
Michelle Kwan skated to this program before

Both Carolina and Yeon-ah are using old MK music (Kostner is using Dumsky, which was part of "Song of the Black Swan" and Yeon-Ah is using Miss Saigon, which MK used in 1993).

I'm not a big fan of Carolina and Oksana Domnina's dresses--they look like wedding cakes.

Hsuhs

Record Breaker
Johnny just skates so beautifully and he never skated like feminine because no one was able to name a lady skater that Johnny reminded them of.

I woudn't call Johnny's skating feminine either. He just moves in a very special fashion, like nobody else. I always thought it came from his experience as an equestrian, that he had somehow learned to control/ balance his body and to adjust his movements fast and with a certain precision to a constantly changing environment.