Stars On Ice Review | Page 6 | Golden Skate

Stars On Ice Review

AwesomeIce

Match Penalty
This year's show sounds great! I can't wait to catch it in Albany. I am beyond thrilled that I get to see Kimmie, she's one of my favorite skaters!

Philly Report

Kyoko and John had a fall on Pretty Vegas doing the fly-high-say-bye move. They had to leave the ice. Kyoko appeared pretty shaken up if not actually hurt. It happened so fast but it appeared Kyoko possibly didn't land right and John fell right on top of her.

They did commemorate the 1000th show by thanking the fans and bringing a cake out onto the ice at the end of the show.

I will have photos to share once I get them downloaded and sorted through.

Overall, the show was fantastic. Shue, Hongbo, Marie-France, Patrice and Sasha are EXCELLENT additions to the show. I can't express enough how Mike Weiss has blossomed as a performer since joining this show. And the Axel Edge/Hard Steel number was SUPER!

OH--edited to add, it was great seeing Gail(Ilovetodd) and Sillylionlove at the show!

heyang

Record Breaker
Kyoko got up on her own. You could tell that John was asking her if she was ok and if she wanted to continue. I think she had the wind knocked out of her and decided not to continue. They took their bows and skated off.

I wish they had said how she was when they brought out the cake.

dlkksk8fan

Medalist
Kyoko and John didn't even skate their solo numbers when Stars On Ice came to San Diego. I was wondering if she was injured then. Hope she is ok.

skamper23

Medalist
In San Diego poor Kyoko had the flu. Hearing about them falling again on the fly high say bye is just sad. I love those two!! They are my favorite pair team. I hope they have a speedy recovery!!

ManyCairns

Medalist
Country
United-States
The fly high and say goodbye move is the one where the woman is basically tossed over the man's head and caught, right? Or is it something else?

I admire Kyoko and John for really pushing themselves to try daring things. They are really more dynamic now than when they were competing ( and I don't often feel that way)! But it's certainly not worth the risk. Having seen that # on the TV special, it is certainly amazing enough that they could drop that one move and still be _incredible_.

sillylionlove

Medalist
The show was great and it was great meeting up with everyone.

I suspect that Kyoko was hurt since neither John nor Kyoko came out for the finale. I hope that someone that is seeing the show in Michigan in two days can give us an update.

I will say that I loved everyone's numbers!! I think that this was the best show in a while. It was great when they brought the cake out in the end. It's hard to say what the best part of the show is...but of course Axel Edge was the best!!

It was also announced that Isabelle Brassaur was in the crowd last night...which would make sense since she lives in Mt. Laurel, New Jersey on the other side of the bridge from Philly.

And it was a really great day since I got my personal e-mail from Todd yesterday!! I didn't check my e-mail before the show but was happy to see it when I got home.

dlkksk8fan

Medalist
In San Diego poor Kyoko had the flu. Hearing about them falling again on the fly high say bye is just sad. I love those two!! They are my favorite pair team. I hope they have a speedy recovery!!
I wish they would of announced that they wouldn't be skating because she was ill. By the end of the show I was wondering why. Now I know. Thanks.

The show really was very good this year!

Axel Edge/Hard Steele was a FANTASTICLY FUN program! It had the whole crowd going! Marie-France makes a GREAT rock-n-roller!

Everyone's programs were wonderful. I really enjoyed Sasha's "adagio"(acrobat?) number with the guys.

I also hope someone will post something about if John & Kyoko are able to perform at the next stop.

Congrat's to Gail for getting to ask a question of the cast!

I tried to make a spectacle of myself to get that shirt off Michael's back but a lady in the front row got it...I got some great pictures of that...I should have asked the lady if she had an e-mail addy to send them to! The shirt was signed by the cast.

The cake at the end was really cool and I also got some GREAT pictures of that. I willl share a link to my album soon!

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
awwwwww I want Mike's shirt (if anyone gets it who does not want it... I'll take it off your hands! :biggrin: )

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Pat, your photos and mini videos are fantastic! Thanks for sharing them! :party:

Oh, BTW, Toni, I :love: your latest avatar. It's so cute!

Last edited:

heyang

Record Breaker
I've been looking at the SOI website to see if there's any update on Kyoko. John is writing the tour diary; so, perhaps, he'll mention it in the next blog.

BTW, he writes that Steven and Elena had a boy Trystan.

I really should try to meet up with the local GS'ers for the show, but haven't managed to so far.

I did remember seeing ILuvTodd at lost year's SOI in Trenton - realizing it was her by her description of pointing out her friend from her on ice seats. So, I recognized her again in Philly when she eagerly and bravely came up with a question for John Z, which Jen R answered. Same as last year, she was very enthusiastic in her appreciation.

I went this year mostly to see Shen/Zhao and I was NOT disappointed. Very classic in their individual routines, but they really cut loose and had fun during the ensemble numbers. I still can't get the image of rocker Zhao and hearing him shout out 'Whoohoo' during part of the routine where the skaters were around the perimeter of the ice getting the audience to clap and sing along. Shue was cute has a giggling schoolgirl with Yuka and Kyoko.

I agree that this was definitely one of the better productions since I started going to SOI in 1995, my 1st being the Grinkhov memorial show.

Here's a link to a picture of the move they fell on last night. It's the one on the right on the 3rd row.

Fly High and Say Goodbye picture

Last edited by a moderator:

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Gail - thanks :) I'm a little excited to be going back to The World next year! :biggrin:

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
heyang, it would be nice to meet you at a future SOI show in Philly. A number of us SOI fans have a little informal "meet & greet" before the show. Plus this time around our seats were all close by to each other! :agree:

Mathman, just curious. Did you attend the Detroit SOI show last night (to see "your" dear Yuka and SOI "family")? :love: :biggrin:

Hoping to hear some reassuring news about Kyoko and John!

Heyang, did you notice someone making a spectacle of herself 1st row off ice, center ice, near the lady who got the shirt from Mike Weiss? That was me. I was sitting first row center ice almost directly behind Gail, her husband and her friend. A fellow SOI poster was with my DH and I, and to my husbands left was another fellow SOI poster. So it was a nice little gathering right there in the seats.

We were supposed to meet up with another poster but my co-horts were super hungry and wanted to get food and go sit down with it, so we didn't hang around the escalators as long as we usually do. Plus, our seats were clear on the other side of the building. Things got a little discombobulated!

I plan to be at the show next year, so...Maybe it'll be a weekend with a 7:30 start giving everyone a little more time to get situated to meet!;)

KwanFan1212

Joey Votto Fangirl
Final Flight
Thanks for all the reviews everyone! Wow, I hope Kyoko & John are all right. They've been having some troubles with that move throughout the whole tour which isn't likel them at all. Someone posted on another board that they did skate in Michigan last night but I don't know how much they actually performed yet. I'll be checking there again to see if that person posted more information.

My SOI shows are coming up this week and next week so I'm very excited to finally see the show! Mom and I are going downtown Thursday evening to see the show here in Cincy and then I'm going up to Columbus on Saturday afternoon with discoduck and her daughter to see the show there, so I'm all ready gearing up for a great week of skating (and two half days off from work which makes it even better, LOL). :clap: