Male Figure Skating Pants Advice | Golden Skate

Male Figure Skating Pants Advice

SK4T3

Rinkside
As a recreational Figure Skater / Ice Dancer my daily / training outfit is a Black V-neck slim fit T-shirt (extra long to cover my belly :p :D ) with a Sports / Running Tight(s); this is extremely comfortable to skate.

Would like to acquire a pair of Black Skating Pants for more official moments; and maybe a future contest. I'm located in Europe.

Have my sizes by a professional seamstress.

What I found by myself: https://jivsport.com

Don't have a problem to order worldwide; experienced with shopping online; but Trousers / Pants are really hard for me to order online (Slim and Tall posture) but hate returns (both for me and shop owner)

WednesdayMarch

Nicer When Fed
Medalist
Country
United-Kingdom
I'm a professional tailor/seamstress/costumier but I won't make skating trousers/pants without seeing the client in person for at least one fitting. Based in the far south west of the UK, I'm unlikely to be any use to you!

Jalie Mens Stretch PantsThis is the pattern that most people start with for skating trousers. I would suggest maybe talking to the professional seamstress who measured you and ask if she'd be prepared to make them. A serger/overlocker isn't a necessity and they can be made on a basic sewing machine. Instructions are given for both methods.

SK4T3

Rinkside
I'm a professional tailor/seamstress/costumier but I won't make skating trousers/pants without seeing the client in person for at least one fitting. Based in the far south west of the UK, I'm unlikely to be any use to you!

Jalie Mens Stretch PantsThis is the pattern that most people start with for skating trousers. I would suggest maybe talking to the professional seamstress who measured you and ask if she'd be prepared to make them. A serger/overlocker isn't a necessity and they can be made on a basic sewing machine. Instructions are given for both methods.
Thank you so much for your answer!

My ex-professional Seamstress is my aged and retired beloved mum :D

Actually; for my purpose I'm looking for (what google translate says): "ready to wear clothes" "ready-made clothes" (In my language that's a more chique word/explanation "prêt à porter" (serial made clothing))

NanaPat

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Actually; for my purpose I'm looking for (what google translate says): "ready to wear clothes" "ready-made clothes" (In my language that's a more chique word/explanation "prêt à porter" (serial made clothing))
That may have been your original intention, but you could consider the alternative, including what (other than retired) seamstresses are available to you. Especially you compare having the made with the horrors of trying to get a good fit when buying clothing online.

Ic3Rabbit

Former Elite, now Pro. ⛸️
Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
As a recreational Figure Skater / Ice Dancer my daily / training outfit is a Black V-neck slim fit T-shirt (extra long to cover my belly :p :D ) with a Sports / Running Tight(s); this is extremely comfortable to skate.

Would like to acquire a pair of Black Skating Pants for more official moments; and maybe a future contest. I'm located in Europe.

Have my sizes by a professional seamstress.

What I found by myself: https://jivsport.com

Don't have a problem to order worldwide; experienced with shopping online; but Trousers / Pants are really hard for me to order online (Slim and Tall posture) but hate returns (both for me and shop owner)

There you have 3 longtime trustworthy companies for training apparel that myself and many other competitive skaters and pros have used for many years.

Last edited:

jersey1302

On the Ice
Country
Canada
So I for practise and even events.. find being a male incredible easy to get pants for. Unless you are really going with a themed costume where you need to get something extra ordinary.. I find getting pants that have a bit of a stretch in them to work amazingly well and they look great. I have a few pairs I use. I have one from Costco, one from RW&Co, have used a few jogger pants from Bootlegger.. There are materials that allow you a lot of stretch in the pant where you can hit almost any position comfortably And not spend a huge ton of money. I don’t find it necessary to shop at skating specific places for guys very often. Just go to a good mall with lots of stores or a department store with men’s brands and look around and try stuff on that has a stretch waist and stretch when you tug the material. You’d be shocked at what you can find. Most of my stuff isnt even from athletic specific stores.