Brian Joubert will try pairs skating with Valentina Marchei after 2010 | Golden Skate

Brian Joubert will try pairs skating with Valentina Marchei after 2010

Sylvia

Record Breaker
Well, let's wait and see if they'll still be dating after the 2010 Olympics... ;)

Medusa

Record Breaker
Well, let's wait and see if they'll still be dating after the 2010 Olympics... ;)

Of course they will still be together... *happily bathing in my naive idealism*

But they are really cute together and her French is great! Loved it how she said that she was really bad in gymnastics and than tried other stuff till she ended up with figure skating. Yup, I am really happy for Brian.

Wrlmy

Medalist

I was thinking the same thing :biggrin: Even if they are, there's no way Joubert can lift and throw Marchei.
BTW, does anyone know what happened to that devil woman he used to date?

skatergirl45

On the Ice
This is for all of us who did not beleive him many years ago when he boasted that he will be olympic world and european champion lol

Interesting........... I wonder if he will ever follow through with this....................... lol

probably not........

FYI: I burst out laughing when I read this lol

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Valetina is a very...uh...healthy-looking girl, and Brian is not the biggest, brawniest guy. But if they want to try it, why not? France's current Pairs aren't exactly overloaded with medals.

However, sometimes boyfriend/girlfriend pairings don't turn out well when the relationship tapers off. Julia Obertas insisted on pairing up with her then-flame Slavnov, and then things cooled down and the partnership is now in limbo. Their successes on the ice ended when Craig Buntin cooled his relationship with Valerie Marcoux, and she finally quit Pairs as a result.

The 2010 Olympics are 2 years away. Valentina is 21 and Brian is 23, so they both could be in different relationships by then.

Last edited:
Two cuties, definitely, but will they be together after Vancouver? We will know when they start practicing.

Joe

hockeyfan228

Record Breaker
In the last Olympic cycle, he said that he wanted to be Olympic champion in Torino, and then come back in 2010 for pairs. He may be off one cycle, but even if not with Marchei, he may still try with pairs after Vancouver.

NatachaHatawa

Final Flight
Actually, in that interview, Brian says that he could never skate as a pairs skater, even though he had thought about it, and Valentina isn't too keen on the idea. As Brian said, he had thought about it, but he couldn't stand loosing points because of his partner's mistakes. And anyway, as previously said, boyfriend-girlfriend relasionships don't really work out, and they might not even still be together by then.

Saying that they make a really cute couple, and I'm really happy for Brian, he seems sooo happy with her!

Audrey19

On the Ice
Actually they didn't look very serious about it. Valentina said, they would maybe try it, and Brian said that he prefers skating on his own. In addition she seems too tall and not light enough to be a pair skater. I can hardly imagine how Brian lifts her...
But they could skate together in shows, that's more likely IMO.

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker

that's what i was gonna say!:rofl:

I remeber ESPN showing them in the stands during the ice dance event at euros. They were furious when the french team didn't win... and she's not even french?

Anyway, she look kind tall and i don't know how she can match his jumps and i don't know if he could match her extensions.

this is too bad. I wanted him for sasha.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
I think Brian is right that if you can't be tolerant of your partner's mistakes, you are better off not skating in pairs. That's a recipe for constant fighting & an unhappy partnership in general.

Audrey19

On the Ice
this is too bad. I wanted him for sasha.

Seriously, I think Brian and Sasha would be a better team than Brian and Valentina. But actually neither of them would be a very good pairs skater concerning their personalities. Both of them are very dominant skaters.

hockeyfan228

Record Breaker
Cohen was a regular suggestion when he first talked about trying to become Olympic Pairs champion in 2010 (the assumption being, he'd have fulfilled his goal to be Men's champion in 2006).

nubka

Final Flight
In the video, who were the two ladies in the stands that the camera kept cutting away to...their moms??