Free Dance | Golden Skate

Free Dance

mizu_iro

Final Flight
I don't know how, but even before I checked I knew that Tanith and Ben would be last.

Warm-Up Group 1
1 Leonie KRAIL / Oscar PETER
SUI
23 66.48
2 Xiaoyang YU / Chen WANG
CHN
22 67.87
3 Kamila HAJKOVA / David VINCOUR
CZE
24 65.97
4 Barbora SILNA / Dmitri MATSJUK
AUT
21 71.75
Warm-Up Group 2
5 Anna ZADOROZHNIUK / Sergei VERBILLO
UKR
16 78.48
6 Nelli ZHIGANSHINA / Alexander GAZSI
GER
20 73.59
7 Cathy REED / Chris REED
JPN
18 75.86
8 Kaitlyn WEAVER / Andrew POJE
CAN
17 76.36
9 Allie HANN-MCCURDY / Michael CORENO
CAN
19 75.34
Warm-Up Group 3
10 Ekaterina BOBROVA / Dmitri SOLOVIEV
RUS
13 82.00
11 Kimberly NAVARRO / Brent BOMMENTRE
USA
12 83.58
12 Katherine COPELY / Deividas STAGNIUNAS
LTU
14 81.51
13 Kristin FRASER / Igor LUKANIN
AZE
11 88.21
14 Ekaterina RUBLEVA / Ivan SHEFER
RUS
15 78.66
Warm-Up Group 4
15 Sinead KERR / John KERR
GBR
8 93.34
16 Anna CAPPELLINI / Luca LANOTTE
ITA
10 88.57
17 Alexandra ZARETSKI / Roman ZARETSKI
ISR
9 90.61
18 Nathalie PECHALAT / Fabian BOURZAT
FRA
6 95.49
19 Meryl DAVIS / Charlie WHITE
USA
7 95.16
Warm-Up Group 5
20 Jana KHOKHLOVA / Sergei NOVITSKI
RUS
2 103.97
21 Isabelle DELOBEL / Olivier SCHOENFELDER
FRA
1 107.98
22 Federica FAIELLA / Massimo SCALI
ITA
4 100.70
23 Tessa VIRTUE / Scott MOIR
CAN
3 103.52
24 Tanith BELBIN / Benjamin AGOSTO
USA
5 99.71

Opinions?

Wrlmy

Medalist
Great order for B&A! I really hope they can win silver now that gold is a reach..

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
it's gonna be fun... and nerve wracking!

LET'S TO TANITH AND BEN! :rock:

Bruin714

On the Ice
Can't Wait

Finally, great draw for B&A.

B&A go last, so their PCS can go through the roof if they skate to their potential, which can help them capture silver. Even with bronze, it's still a great accomplishment, the only team to do so, so many years in a row here.

Last edited:

Final Flight
allez isa et oli!

new costumes! new intro! new footwork!

good luck to all!

anyone know if espn360 will air it?

Last edited:

Mafke

Medalist
My prediction:

K&N over D&S.

I hope I'm wrong since I think D&S have been consistently screwed for years and I can't stand K&N's jumpless pairs skating and acrobatics. But ....

mycelticblessing

Final Flight
My prediction:

K&N over D&S.

I hope I'm wrong since I think D&S have been consistently screwed for years and I can't stand K&N's jumpless pairs skating and acrobatics. But ....

I think the only way that will happen is if D/S make a major mistake, like a fall or something like that. The judges have seemed to go with them this year, considering the fact that they've been undermarked for years. I think the judges will give them the Gold as long as they perform well in the Free. K/N are pretty far behind, and though I really love their skating,:love: I don't think they'll be able to beat D/S this season, as they still lack the polish that D/S have.

Mafke

Medalist
I think the only way that will happen is if D/S make a major mistake, like a fall or something like that. The judges have seemed to go with them this year, considering the fact that they've been undermarked for years. I think the judges will give them the Gold as long as they perform well in the Free. K/N are pretty far behind, and though I really love their skating,:love: I don't think they'll be able to beat D/S this season, as they still lack the polish that D/S have.

I wouldn't be surprised if they give the free dance to K&N (whether or not it's enough to overtake D&S) Judges only go with D&S to the extent they think they have to, any discretionary bias goes to other teams.

yoyoyogi

Rinkside
This is very interesting. K/N have moved up very quickly. They aren't to my taste but I think they represent the movement in the discipline, and figure skating in general, to become more spectacle. In some respects I like the COP and the ways in which it has adjusted the sport--especially with the spins but overall what was so lovely about skating--fluidity, the simply beauty of stroking and good posture--is being lost to everyone grabbing their skate and contorting themselves. I'm losing interest in the sport...Having said all that I'm very curious about the outcome of today's contest. Are B/A getting a message a la the Lithuanians a few years back to pack it in? Do the judges feel they haven't improved enough? Will Virtue and Moir be treated as contenders in the Free Skate? Will Del/Shoe hold it together? How about Pechalat and Bourzon? They have been one of the most exciting teams this year. When will they earn their bone fides from the judges to be considered contenders: the had the best OP of the year in my mind. Also, I'm looking forward to Navarro and Bommentre. They are a breath of fresh air.

Pushkin

Rinkside
I think the order will slightly change. The French will finally win Gold almost certainly, they just have to avoid a big fall. I think the Canadians will just get by the Russians for Silver in what should be an unbelievable night of skating. Ice Dance could be the best competition in Vancouver and don't forget the favorite Russians are not even there tonight! Also keep an eye on the Italians and the 2nd US team I think they have great potential. France-Canada-Russia tonight.

SailorGalaxia518

Record Breaker
The Russians better not win the gold. I like them alot but I don't think right now they deserve to win the gold medal. I leave the gold medal to either Delobel and Schoenfelder or Virtue and Moir

mycelticblessing

Final Flight
The Russians better not win the gold. I like them alot but I don't think right now they deserve to win the gold medal. I leave the gold medal to either Delobel and Schoenfelder or Virtue and Moir

I like all three teams:rock:.. but I think this is really D/S best worlds ever. V/M will get silver at best. K/N may get the bronze though, especially since B/A are in a really bad position this time around.

dwiggin3

Final Flight
When does it start? I'm completely lost with the time changes...I'm on the east cost of the US...thoughts?

cassieandcheetah

On the Ice
Can't wait for the FD to start! Anyone know the best way to stream this live?

Oh Olivier and Isabelle!!!! I do hope they win. Their free skate is so gorgeous! I've never been so moved by a program since the new system took over....Btw, are they really retiring this year? I had thought they wanted to wait until the next Olympics...

SailorGalaxia518

Record Breaker
My Predictions:

1.) Isabelle Delobel and Olivier Schoenfelder (FRA)
2.) Tessa Virtue and Scott Moir (CAN)
3.) Jana Khokhlova and Segei Novitski (RUS)
4.) Tanith Belbin and Ben Agosto (USA) :cry:
5.) Federica Faiella and Massimo Scali (ITA)

Medusa

Record Breaker
My Predictions:

1.) Isabelle Delobel and Olivier Schoenfelder (FRA)
2.) Tessa Virtue and Scott Moir (CAN)
3.) Jana Khokhlova and Segei Novitski (RUS)
4.) Tanith Belbin and Ben Agosto (USA) :cry:
5.) Federica Faiella and Massimo Scali (ITA)

I am sure that the Italians will loose place - but don't you think that Belbin/Agosto could challenge for a Bronze? I would say it's
1. FRA
2. RUS
3. USA
4. CAN
5. ITA

But then again, I know nothing about icedance.