Country
Russia
Russian Senior Test Skates 2023

Date:
16-17 September 2023
Venue: Megasport arena, Moscow, Russia
Categories: Senior
Disciplines: Single and Pair Skating, Ice Dance

Current local time in Moscow, Russia (UTC+3)
https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/russia/moscow

Schedule
Saturday, 16 September

14:00 - Ice Dance - Rhythm Dance
15:20 - Women - Short Program
16:45 - Pairs - Short Program
18:25 - Men - Short Program

Sunday, 17 September
14:00 - Ice Dance - Free Dance
15:30 - Women - Free Skate
17:10 - Pairs - Free Skate
19:00 - Men - Free Skate

Last edited:

Mariott

Now the flower is making its way through concrete
Record Breaker
Country
Russia
Elena Levkovets, Veronika Yametova's coach, said in an interview with TASS that her pupil's participation in the national team's test skates is in doubt. The reason is the tight schedule - on September 19, Veronika will participate in the 1st stage of the Ekaterinburg Cup.

Mariott

Record Breaker
Country
Russia
Aleksandra Trusova will miss the Russian national figure skating team's skates
MOSCOW, August 30. /TASS/.

Olympic medalist Aleksandra Trusova will not take part in the Russian national figure skating team's September rentals. A source told TASS.
"Trusova will not be present at the control rentals," the source said, without specifying the reasons for the omission.
Control rolls of the Russian national team will be held in Moscow from September 16 to 17.

Trusova is 19 years old, she is also a bronze medalist at the World Championships (2021), a two-time bronze medalist at the European Championships (2020, 2022).
At the Beijing Olympics, she became the first athlete in history to perform five quad jumps.

Last edited:

AlexBreeze

Record Breaker
Country
Russia
The Federation has published the list of participants:

Women
1. Sofia Akatieva
2. Kamila Valieva
3. Alina Gorbacheva
4. Veronika Zhilina
5. Anastasia Zinina
6. Sofia Muravieva
7. Adelia Petrosian
8. Daria Sadkova
9. Ksenia Sinitsyna
10. Elizaveta Tuktamysheva
11. Maiia Khromykh
12. Veronika Yametova

Men
1. Dmitri Aliev
2. Matvei Vetlugin
3. Petr Gumennik
4. Makar Ignatov
5. Artem Kovalev
6. Mark Kondratiuk
7. Gleb Lutfullin
8. Andrei Mozalev
9. Alexander Samarin
10. Evgeni Semenenko
11. Grigory Fedorov
12. Ilya Yablokov

Pairs
1. Karina Akopova/Nikita Rakhmanin
2. Yulia Artemieva/Aleksei Bryukhanov
3. Aleksandra Boikova/Dmitri Kozlovski
4. Daria Boyarintseva/Roman Pleshkov
5. Yasmina Kadyrova/Valeri Kolesov
6. Alena Kostornaia/Georgy Kunitsa
7. Anastasia Mishina/Aleksandr Galliamov
8. Elizaveta Osokina/Artem Gritsaenko
9. Taisia Sobinina/Denis Khodykin
10. Natalia Khabibullina/Ilya Knyazhuk

Ice Dance
1. Vasilisa Kaganovskaia/Valeri Angelopol
2. Sofia Leontieva/Daniil Gorelkin
3. Ekaterina Mironova/Evgeni Ustenko
4. Annabelle Morozov/Igor Eremenko
5. Elizaveta Pasechnik/Maksim Nekrasov
6. Aleksandra Prokopets/Aleksandr Vaskovich
7. Aleksandra Stepanova/Ivan Bukin
8. Irina Khavronina/Devid Narizhny
9. Elizaveta Khudaiberdieva/Egor Bazin
10. Elizaveta Shanaeva/Pavel Drozd
11. Sofia Shevchenko/Andrei Ezhlov

Last edited:

Seasalt

Spectator
Apologies for my ignorance but are the Test Skates compulsory? I’m wondering if the exclusion of T/M means retirement for them.

Mathematician

Pilgrim on a long journey
Medalist
Apologies for my ignorance but are the Test Skates compulsory? I’m wondering if the exclusion of T/M means retirement for them.
They're not compulsory. But if an athlete is giving other signs of retirement beforehand, then doesn't participate in the test skates, its usually the final sign that they're done. But there are other reasons some athletes don't take part.

Jumping_Bean

Record Breaker

Flying Feijoa

On the Ice
Country
New-Zealand
Mukhurtova/Evgeniev are missing test skates due to Nastya being injured: https://www.sports.ru/figure-skatin...-kontrolnye-prokaty-iz-za-travmy-partner.html

Their coach talked about them missing junior and senior test skates due to Matvey's recovery timeline from a knee injury not allowing them enough time to prepare a few weeks ago: https://www.sports.ru/figure-skatin...henkov-ne-uspevayut-podgotovitsya-ni-k-y.html
Aw no :( I liked those two teams the most out of last year's junior pairs (or rather, half-seniors). Hope they get well soon!

Go Petr, Matvei, Andrei and Ilya :cheer:

The ice dance entry list looks like it was written on a post-it note, accidentally put through a laundry cycle and then pieced together by someone who doesn't watch figure skating :LOL:

Mariott

Record Breaker
Country
Russia
Formally, they do not have to be present. But in fact, after the test skates there is a distribution on the stages of the Russian Grand Prix, depending on the results shown. The strongest athletes do not have to go through the qualifying competitions, they are allocated automatically.
However, the strongest athletes who missed out always have the opportunity to enter the stages.

I`m surprised by the presence of Yametova in the lists, her coach clearly made it clear that they will not be able to come because of the busy competition schedule

Mariott

Record Breaker
Country
Russia
This may not be entirely appropriate to write here, but I can't shake the feeling that this is unfair to Gushchina. She definitely did as well as Veronika Yametova and Ksenia Sinitsina last season, but they don't even consider it necessary to invite her to test skates to see her current form and new programs. It seems that giving a second chance to Zhilina and all the other juniors is much more important.
Seems like a total disregard for her work to me.
I know that seeking justice has never led to anything good.The last thing I want to do is raise a scandal in the comments, I just feel very sad and want to share this feeling with someone. I apologize if this seems inappropriate.

Mathematician

Pilgrim on a long journey
Medalist
This may not be entirely appropriate to write here, but I can't shake the feeling that this is unfair to Gushchina. She definitely did as well as Veronika Yametova and Ksenia Sinitsina last season, but they don't even consider it necessary to invite her to test skates to see her current form and new programs. It seems that giving a second chance to Zhilina and all the other juniors is much more important.
Seems like a total disregard for her work to me.
I know that seeking justice has never led to anything good.The last thing I want to do is raise a scandal in the comments, I just feel very sad and want to share this feeling with someone. I apologize if this seems inappropriate.
Nooo I didn't even realize Gushchina isnt on the list I wanted to see her sooo bad. What a shame. I agree with your comment.

Was she really not invited or maybe she chose not to go for another reason? I don't see why she wouldn't be allowed to participate if she wanted to.

Although I'm not sure I'd compare her to Sinitsina at this point...

Mariott

Record Breaker
Country
Russia
Nooo I didn't even realize Gushchina isnt on the list I wanted to see her sooo bad. What a shame. I agree with your comment.

Was she really not invited or maybe she chose not to go for another reason? I don't see why she wouldn't be allowed to participate if she wanted to.

Although I'm not sure I'd compare her to Sinitsina at this point...
I think they're just not interested in her. Let's hope that in the new season Ksyusha will be able to change this situation.

Mariott

Record Breaker
Country
Russia
Anyone know whats up with Frolova? I really would've loved to see her skate. Really hoping she will compete.
She trains in Rukavitsyn's group. Recently there were photos from an open training session at the figure skating academy, there was Davydenko's group and Rukavitsyn's group. Anna was also on the ice, they were chatting with Ksenia Gushchina.
This week she should appear on the St. Petersburg team's test skates. Maybe there will be photos and an official report.

We will see both girls at the next competition in St. Petersburg, I think. Then both will be entered in the Russian Grand Prix stages.

Mariott

Record Breaker
Country
Russia
Russian figure skaters, performing in figure skating singles, Makar Ignatov and Dmitry Aliev have assessed their readiness for the Russian national team's test rides, which will be held in September in St. Petersburg and Moscow.

Makar Ignatov in a conversation with the correspondent of "Championship" Anastasia Matrosova was the first to assess their readiness in percentages: "Seventeen" (laughs). Dmitri Aliev answered to himself: "Seventeen and a half. (laughs). The training process is going on, it is different for everyone. I speak for myself - in general, everything is going slowly".

"Slowly we are getting up to speed, there is still time before the competition. Control rides are still rides, not starts, you don't need to be at your peak. This is a great opportunity to show programs, to learn the judges' opinion on them, to clarify what can be changed, what can be added," - added Ignatov.

link

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
Mukhurtova/Evgeniev are missing test skates due to Nastya being injured: https://www.sports.ru/figure-skatin...-kontrolnye-prokaty-iz-za-travmy-partner.html

Their coach talked about them missing junior and senior test skates due to Matvey's recovery timeline from a knee injury not allowing them enough time to prepare a few weeks ago: https://www.sports.ru/figure-skatin...henkov-ne-uspevayut-podgotovitsya-ni-k-y.html
both will be missed, but 🙏 for speedy recovery.