Dubreuil/Lauzon v. Virtue/Moir in Vancover | Golden Skate

Dubreuil/Lauzon v. Virtue/Moir in Vancover

Canadian Teams should be hot for the Oly gold. Which of the two teams do you think will have the better chance?

Joe

Big Deal

Final Flight
Technically there is such a HUGE different between this 2 couples!!
No wayDeb-/Lauz. will come back because of that.

NatachaHatawa

Final Flight
I prefer D&L: they have class. V&M are good, but don't have any particular personality. D&L really have their own style.

SK8LUVR

On the Ice
Both of them are outstanding teams. I love them both and it would be a toss up for me as to who I would like on top. D/L have a unique style but more the theatrical style whereas V/M have that ball dance feel which is in my opinion why I am starting to like ice dance again. I think they should come back and hopefully put the two teams on the podium at the Olympics. Would just absolutely love that.:love:

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
It depends what the rules look like in 2010. Just as there are murmurings about rule changes in Ladies, there are rumors about significant changes in dance-dropping the FD to 4 elements for one thing. And it's clear something needs to be done. When the Jrs can get all level 4's, there needs to be level 5's or changes to make level 4's harder to get.

Just as the ladies' rules seem to be aimed at Mao Asada, the dance rules are likely to be aimed at V&M-because they're young, for one thing, and all other countries will fear they will be on top a long time.

In fact, as an off season game, we ought to play Federation President on GS-propose new rules to favor your skaters and win.

npa

Match Penalty
I prefer V/M, because they have high quality technic and very strong presentation
As for D/L - i didnt have anything against them. I only think, that if theu will come back, it remind situation at 2006 OG with Fusar-Poly-Morgalio and Drobysko-Vanagas - did they need this?

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
I prefer D&L: they have class. V&M are good, but don't have any particular personality. D&L really have their own style.

V&M no personality? What about the chemistry between them and their lovely lyrical/romantic personality that comes across and reaches out to the audience? I would say that speaks volumes as far as personality. D&L have more experience and have already competed in a couple of Olympics so may have the edge there. However, V&M have vaulted ahead faster than any other Canadian ice dance champions in our Canadian Figure Skating history. It took D&L a number of years to climb the ladder so to speak as they skated in the shadows of Bourne and Kraatz for many years. I think both teams will have strong chances at the Olympics if they skate the way they have the last couple of seasons. It will likely be harder though for D&L as they will be the returning champions. Look at the great Torvill and Dean. They tried to return to one more Olympics and had to settle for the Bronze medal. So nothing is a sure thing for any returning champions.

fumie_fumie

Final Flight
Assuming Canada will get the 3rd spots back and DL come back. My bet is Canadian dance team may consist of
1. DL
2. VM
3. CP: these kiddos are mighty good. They will soon be VM NO.2

all that

Final Flight
Doesn't V/M's silver in Gotenborg give Canada 3 teams in LA?

No. The rule is when a country has two or more teams competing at Worlds, the placements of two of the teams must be equal to or less than 13 for that country to enter 3 teams at the next Worlds. In Canada's case, even though V/M were in 2nd place, W&P were in 17th place. Therefore, Canada only gets 2 entries at LA.

fumie_fumie

Final Flight
Doesn't V/M's silver in Gotenborg give Canada 3 teams in LA?

I thought we have 2 spots. If I understand it correctly, the good, ole ISU rule says the combined placements of top 2 teams should be equal to or less than 13.

VM is 2nd, but the following two teams placed far back (Weaver/Poje (17?),
Hann-McCurdy and Coreno (19?) ). As a result, the top 2 placements added up is a way higher than 13.

I stand corrected, if I am wrong. I am so not good with CoP and ISU rules.

NatachaHatawa

Final Flight
V&M no personality? What about the chemistry between them and their lovely lyrical/romantic personality that comes across and reaches out to the audience? QUOTE]

What I mean is, they don't particuly stand out, wheras D&L are unique.