2023 GPF Pairs: Thoughts? | Page 2 | Golden Skate

2023 GPF Pairs: Thoughts?

throw_triple_flip

Final Flight
Country
United-Kingdom
The one area where Deanna/Max need to work on is the throws. Deanna gets minimal amplitude and little rideout on the throws. The GOE scores on the throws are low, in the 1-3 range because of that.

Apparently she learned a different throw technique from his when she started out in Pairs. They are working on the throws but adapting to the different technique can make them a challenge.

throw_triple_flip

Final Flight
Country
United-Kingdom
Close competition. I find the winners to be a zero artistically but they have great elements and they are consistent. She's an amazing pairs girl. He's a solid partner. They just need some injury free time to develop something outside of the elements.

Personally, I think the Italians should be first I think they were comparatively slightly underscored in the SP. That's probably the result of their underperformance earlier in the season. If they had skated last or second to last in the SP, they would probably be in first place. More to offer artistically than the winners.

Deanna and Max offer the best overall package here but they made mistakes in both programs. I still think they are the team most likely to get gold/.silver at Worlds.

I say silver because if the Japanese come back strong from injury, I don't see any of these teams being able to beat them. They still lack a true competitor like K/F were last year. Some of these teams could develop into that competitor, but they aren't quite there yet.

That's a big if. It sounds like it's a pretty serious injury.

Remember that a not entirely flawless Deanna and Maxime beat the Japanese team at the Autumn Classic by quite a margin.

readernick

Medalist
That's a big if. It sounds like it's a pretty serious injury.

Remember that a not entirely flawless Deanna and Maxime beat the Japanese team at the Autumn Classic by quite a margin.
Because the Japanese team was seriously injured and, honestly, Autumn Classic is never a good determiner of what will happen later in the season.

I agree that the Japanese team may be out all season with injury. They just withdrew from Japanese nationals which doesn't seem to be a good sign. In the case they are still injured, Deanna and Max are the favorites.

However, there was a very large gap between the top two teams and everyone else last year due to overall pair element quality and performance skills. That gap still exists. However, Deanna and Max have made major improvements in their speed, lifts, and twists. The throws still aren't the best but the rest has improved. However, it's still not at the same level as healthy Riku/Ryuichi.

throw_triple_flip

Final Flight
Country
United-Kingdom
Because the Japanese team was seriously injured and, honestly, Autumn Classic is never a good determiner of what will happen later in the season.

I agree that the Japanese team may be out all season with injury. They just withdrew from Japanese nationals which doesn't seem to be a good sign. In the case they are still injured, Deanna and Max are the favorites.

However, there was a very large gap between the top two teams and everyone else last year due to overall pair element quality and performance skills. That gap still exists. However, Deanna and Max have made major improvements in their speed, lifts, and twists. The throws still aren't the best but the rest has improved. However, it's still not at the same level as healthy Riku/Ryuichi.

That's what i meant. The performance at Autumn Classic showed how serious his injury must be. I hope its not a career ender.