Practice photos and videos [TEB 2008] | Golden Skate

Practice photos and videos [TEB 2008]

inskate

On the Ice

museksk8r

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Mao appears to look the best I've ever seen her, a more womanly figure and a lovely practice outfit. Wonderful photos of her!

ks777

Record Breaker
Considering their rivalry, it's somewhat interesting to see Mao doing the similar camel spin with Yu-na who has been doing it in every season since juniors.
Is there any report that Mao will do two 3A in this competition? I really look forward to seeing it.

Mao will be doing only one 3axel at this competition according to an interview I read in a japanese newspaper.

I am curious if Mao will be doing a Tano toe loop jump or not. I have seen her practicing a 2 Tano toe on youtube.

Last edited:

inskate

On the Ice
Considering their rivalry, it's somewhat interesting to see Mao doing the similar camel spin with Yu-na who has been doing it in every season since juniors.

Mao's variation is a bit different though; her arms are in different position. She did one more similar to YuNa's at the Prince on Ice and SSOI shows, but it looks like she changed it after that.

Is there any report that Mao will do two 3A in this competition? I really look forward to seeing it in this competition.

In this competition she plans to do one 3A.

ETA: I was too late. :)

Love_Skate

Rinkside
Mao will be doing only one 3axel at this competition according to an interview I read in a japanese newspaper.

Thanks.
Is it because they think this competition is not that competitive? or because simply it is too early season for her to be ready for it?
In order to nail them comfortably in GPF, I think it might be necessary for her to try them in one of competitions before GPF. Probably she will try them in NHK GP.

ks777

Record Breaker
Thanks.
Is it because they think this competition is not that competitive? or because simply it is too early season for her to be ready for it?
In order to nail them comfortably in GPF, I think it might be necessary for her to try them in one of competitions before GPF. Probably she will try them in NHK GP.

She said that she just wasn't ready to put 2 3axel at this time. My guess is that she was busy working on other jumps, like her lutz and salcow and didn't have too much time for 3axel.

Wrlmy

Medalist

I believe Mao once said she loves trying pretty moves of other skaters. Didn't she say she improved her layback leg position after watching Caroline Z?

bekalc

Record Breaker
I think Mao should first start landing the one triple axel consistently, before she attempts two in her program... But that's just me...It's way to risky to do two triple axels when your not doing one consistently.

Last edited:

zephyrskates

On the Ice
I was rewatching some of mao's old programs, and I forgot how light she is on the ice. I can't wait to watch her SP, Mao and Claire de Lune, what more can you ask? That she uses the piano version. :)

ynkgraceonice

Rinkside
I think Mao should fix her flutz, prerotation, and underrotation before thinking about 3A and copying Yu-Na's spin.:no:

Love_Skate

Rinkside
I think Mao should first start landing the one triple axel consistently, before she attempts two in her program... But that's just me...It's way to risky to do two triple axels when your not doing one consistently.

I am with you on this matter, but I've anticipated the historic two 3A program because she said she will do it this season almost in every interview I remember. So, I thought her consistency of 3A has been improved as much as her confidence. Since it is only the first competition for her, I'll just wait and see.

Last edited:

fumie_fumie

Final Flight
Since when did that become "Yu-na's spin"?

In Korea, it is labelled Yu-na spin. According to the Korean TV commentators, Yu-na created that spin and is the only one who can perform that feat. I'm not sure if it is true or not though.