Youtube videos | Golden Skate

Youtube videos

lmarie086

Medalist
If there's a chance that USFSA or any other federation is checking this board, why bother having a youtube thread?

fiercemao

Match Penalty
If there's a chance that USFSA or any other federation is checking this board, why bother having a youtube thread?

Because some people can still enjoy watching it before they strike out. This is going to be a guerrilla warfare and I doubt those USFSA folks will win in the end. :love:

yelyoh

Medalist
Country
United-States
glad I got a chance to see these. i like mao's sp more than that of any female skater this season inc YuNa's (whom i am a big fan of) . the program flows beautifully as does the skater. i couldn't stand her a few years ago but she keeps growing and growing as a skater. brava.

Dodhiyel

Final Flight
The problem is, that when USFS complains about *one* YouTube video being an infringement of their copyright, then *all* of that contributor's videos posted in the past are removed, also, and perhaps will never become visible on YouTube again in the future. It is as if entire rooms in an art museum were being emptied of their treasures, and future generations possibly deprived of ever seeing them.

I do appreciate that YouTube has to protect itself from litigation, and they may assume that if an uploader has put up one copyrighted video, they may also have put up others. They may feel that the surest and quickest way to be safe, therefore, is to remove everything that contributor has ever posted.

I am grateful to get to see any of the GP this season, but I cannot help but worry about the possible disappearance of so many other cherished videos, every time one from this season's GP is posted. We are all caught between a rock and a hard place.

Love_Skate

Rinkside
glad I got a chance to see these. i like mao's sp more than that of any female skater this season inc YuNa's (whom i am a big fan of) . the program flows beautifully as does the skater. i couldn't stand her a few years ago but she keeps growing and growing as a skater. brava.

From your previous posts, I can't see that you are a BIG fan of Yuna, but I agree that the program looks beautiful.
Any videos of Joannie and Caroline?

Kypma

Final Flight
The problem is, that when USFS complains about *one* YouTube video being an infringement of their copyright, then *all* of that contributor's videos posted in the past are removed, also, and perhaps will never become visible on YouTube again in the future. It is as if entire rooms in an art museum were being emptied of their treasures, and future generations possibly deprived of ever seeing them.

I do appreciate that YouTube has to protect itself from litigation, and they may assume that if an uploader has put up one copyrighted video, they may also have put up others. They may feel that the surest and quickest way to be safe, therefore, is to remove everything that contributor has ever posted.

I am grateful to get to see any of the GP this season, but I cannot help but worry about the possible disappearance of so many other cherished videos, every time one from this season's GP is posted. We are all caught between a rock and a hard place.

Actually, the contributor receives an e-mail saying that the infringing video has been removed (though the user's account still shows the video as uploaded, but it cannot be viewed, the comments are lost, and anyone trying the link which leads to the video gets a message abour U.S. Figure Skating's copyright claim), and that the user is requested to remove all other infringing videos unless the user is to lose his/her account. However, I removed the video for which I had a message, and my account is still fine and my other videos are still visible. It's just the one video which I had to remove...

-Kypma, who is sorry for the tangent

yelyoh

Medalist
Country
United-States
From your previous posts, I can't see that you are a BIG fan of Yuna, but I agree that the program looks beautiful.
Any videos of Joannie and Caroline?

Just because I don't mention everything here that I think and feel about a skater doesn't mean I don't think and feel it and so if I state that I am a big fan of YuNa, believe me, or don't.

camion

On the Ice
This is a youtube video broadcasted by SBS. It talks about Mao in Russia working with her new coach Tatiana Tarasova. Tarasova has produced the most olympic gold medalists. Mao is focused on her edges on her jumps. On her lutz it looks like she is on an outside edge, but her body leans inward and is a possibility for wrong edge. Also, before she goes into the air she "prerotates", does not do fully complete revolutions and is liable for deductions. Mao's interview: (Tarasova) has raised/developed many great athletes & is one of the reasons (I chose her as her coach). For the ladies, she only coaches myself and I made the decision (for her to be my coach). Mao Asada arrived in Paris, France and is going to compete the short, long, etc...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Ja3GwK9sEA&eurl
Anyways, I was really ticked off that SBS televised this nationally as a precursor segment to the GPS in France. Maybe, it wouldn't be as bad if they did this after the meet or even the sp to analyze a skater's technique or to discuss protocols, unfair judging, but to do this nitpicking, anal-fault-watch prior to the competition is really uncalled for. And then to use the skater's general interview for that country's media outlet as part of their news piece sucks (I hope and doubt Mao knows about it).

skateaug

Rinkside
This is a youtube video broadcasted by SBS. It talks about Mao in Russia working with her new coach Tatiana Tarasova. Tarasova has produced the most olympic gold medalists. Mao is focused on her edges on her jumps. On her lutz it looks like she is on an outside edge, but her body leans inward and is a possibility for wrong edge. Also, before she goes into the air she "prerotates", does not do fully complete revolutions and is liable for deductions. Mao's interview: (Tarasova) has raised/developed many great athletes & is one of the reasons (I chose her as her coach). For the ladies, she only coaches myself and I made the decision (for her to be my coach). Mao Asada arrived in Paris, France and is going to compete the short, long, etc...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Ja3GwK9sEA&eurl
Anyways, I was really ticked off that SBS televised this nationally as a precursor segment to the GPS in France. Maybe, it wouldn't be as bad if they did this after the meet or even the sp to analyze a skater's technique or to discuss protocols, unfair judging, but to do this nitpicking, anal-fault-watch prior to the competition is really uncalled for. And then to use the skater's general interview for that country's media outlet as part of their news piece sucks (I hope and doubt Mao knows about it).

Well, Japanese media broadcast Yu-na's interview quite often.
And this video was broadcasted BEFORE last year's GPF analyzing Mao and Yu-na's jumps by TV Asahi.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6R4B8QIG6UE
They are anticipating the prospect of next competition based on the skater's prior jump technique.
Anyway SBS is not a natioanl broadcasting company, just FYI.

Kasey

Medalist
Actually, the contributor receives an e-mail saying that the infringing video has been removed (though the user's account still shows the video as uploaded, but it cannot be viewed, the comments are lost, and anyone trying the link which leads to the video gets a message abour U.S. Figure Skating's copyright claim), and that the user is requested to remove all other infringing videos unless the user is to lose his/her account. However, I removed the video for which I had a message, and my account is still fine and my other videos are still visible. It's just the one video which I had to remove...

-Kypma, who is sorry for the tangent

Um, no, not always. I had posted 5 or 6 vids from Skate America, received no "warning" notice, and my entire account was deleted. FYI, they do not always give you the choice. Which is why on the new account, I won't upload any current season vids. Once bitten, twice shy.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
I noticed one user who named his account something like worlds08 and then uploaded worlds08 and nothing else.

I expect more of that will happen, particularly for users who do not have a fixed IP address (like say aol users)
Then if you lose the lot, it's just one competition and not the entire channel you made to discuss the 1984 Olympics and all your kids' dance recitals.

Last edited:

camion

On the Ice
Well, Japanese media broadcast Yu-na's interview quite often.
And this video was broadcasted BEFORE last year's GPF analyzing Mao and Yu-na's jumps by TV Asahi.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6R4B8QIG6UE
They are anticipating the prospect of next competition based on the skater's prior jump technique.
Anyway SBS is not a natioanl broadcasting company, just FYI.
That's Asahi doing a piece on Mao's flutz for the 2007 season after she competed in her GPS. It aired two days before the GPF. It looked at her protocol sheets and took note that all four times that Mao performed the lutz she got an "e"/wrong edge call because she flutzed. And YuNa's interview (as well as Miki's & Brian's) has relevance to the edge technique and analysis. I'm angered by SBS because they basically anally nitpicked a practice session where the Korean media was "afforded" to be in Russia, meaning they set up an appt. with Mao's agency; and took that footage and televised it nationally. And yes SBS in not a nat'l broad co. per se but Seoul media outlets in South Korea is just like Tokyo media outlets (i.e. Asahi) in Japan, where the general populus will have access to that broadcast versus suburban media outlets where there broadcast is only regional. My cousins who live on the countryside of SK will see programs of SBS. I don't think you know what I'm getting at though- wouldn't YuNa fans be pissed if the Japanese media took footage of YuNa's training in Canada and then nationally televised in Japan, "YuNa may seem like she is on the inside edge, but her center of gravity is clearly outward....also YuNa hooks her feet so her GOE in transition or skating skills can be reduced to, etc." My point is don't act like a tech caller or better yet even a tech caller shouldn't try to cite where a skater may or may not be faulted for prior to the competition season begins, let alone do that to a skater not even from your own country. And then to top it off use a general interview given by that skater and be like ho-hum & make that a part of the news piece. I doubt Mao & hope Mao did not see that her talk of her choice of coach was part of a segment aired to detail her "erroneous" jumping technique. It is just is ridiculous & superfluous propaganda & it cheapens the credibility of the network. If you're gonna analyze jumping technique, edge, artistry, whatever- do it after an actual competition has taken place & actual judging has been made. I mean this segment was aired even before Mao competed in her sp.

passion

On the Ice
Caroline looks much faster (in the videos). That is nice to see. She has a nice quality to her skating. I wish she would fix her toe jumps cuz the mule kick is really awkward to watch.

passion

On the Ice
I really like Mao's Claire de la Lune SP. She has beautiful arm and hand movements. That program really suits her.