Men's LP | Page 4 | Golden Skate

Men's LP

Medusa

Record Breaker
Johnny is just 7 points shy of his personal best - with two popped jumps, no Quad and no third combo. That's what I call potential. And he got more than 8 points +GOE... I have to sleep now.

Congrats to the Medallists!

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
I was really impressed by Ponsero his program had everything and he was clean (not that matters much now days) I am glad he medaled.

samba

On the Ice
I love Ponsero's program :bow:. Oda did well also, however, the PCS was overscored. His jumps also were not as clean as his SP. Johnny could have done better if not popped his jumps. I hope he does better at GPF :clap: His footwork was very artistic, remind me of Jeffrey Buttle.

MissIzzy

Final Flight
Johnny just stole the show during the medal ceremony, prancing and pirouetting about. :chorus: All three medalists were clearly very, very happy.

shallwedansu

On the Ice
I agree with the final standings, but feel the scores should be tighter. Oda and Weir with a little less and Ponsero a little more. That's all.

magicalwords

On the Ice
Congrats to the medalists.

After looking at protocols, I can't really trust the tech callers anymore. Any last bit of faith I had in them? Gone.
Look at how many !'s and e's the tech caller put on the flip jump. Did definition of flip jump change all of a sudden? Now look at how many !'s and e's tech caller put on the lutz jump. Did definition of lutz jump change all of a sudden? Because I don't think that many skaters executed a lip here.

Ehh.. both Oda and Johnny were overscored, IMO.

Kevin.. wow.
He had 3 downgrades yet his TES is over 70 points. If he skates clean, his scores will be monstrous.

Well, congrats to Johnny making GPF. Hope he skates clean in GPF.

Luciana

Rinkside
I agree with the final standings, but feel the scores should be tighter. Oda and Weir with a little less and Ponsero a little more. That's all.

I absolutely agree with you.
Even though I like Weir, I was surprised at his score and more surprised at Oda.

fiercemao

Match Penalty
Ponsero is a gem.
Kevin was low-balled.
Johnny is okay.
Oda is boring.
Carrie has potential.

enlight78

Medalist
Oda PCS are to high. He look nervous and zone out for the first half of the program. The skater from UKR did three 3T and four jump combos. He needs to reread the rule book or his coach one. I don't think Weir score is to high. He's not patrick chan but his jumps were very smooth. Even the pop ones.

Hsuhs

Record Breaker
Congrats to the medalists.
Congrats to Johnny, he's in GPF now.
Congrats to Yannick, I believe it's his 1st NHK medal.
Congrats to Kevin for not making such a big deal about quads, he just lands them.
Congrats to Mura, he's got potential.
Congrats to the rest of the list too for showing up :clap:

Bennett

Record Breaker
Woah, I love Nobunari, but that score is enormous for what he did. Falling out of jumps, rushing through everything, he just wasn't the same skater he was during the SP.

I guess judges were seeing what they saw the day before yesterday during the LP. I am so happy for his win, but I think that he could have scored much closer to Weir. I even thought that Weir might have won. But when I counted the number of elements, I understand that it was not the case.

Buttercup

Record Breaker
Considering the scores and what other posters are reporting here about the actual skating, it seems that the judges at NHK were very generous. As this was not the only event this year with friendly scoring, I have to wonder if at this point if the judges have so despaired of seeing any difficult but clean programs that they're just handing out +GOEs on any competently executed element. And don't get me started on the PCS.

But I'm happy about the GPF: not just Johnny but Tomas Verner is in, too! That is excellent news. :clap: