Phil Hersh Article on Jeremy Abbott | Golden Skate

Phil Hersh Article on Jeremy Abbott

lmarie086

Medalist
That was a wonderful article. I truly do see a difference in Jeremy this season, and I hope he goes into Nationals in a good place, I'd really liked to see him win.

I have to say I was somewhat astounded that Phil Hersch wrote this. It's more heartwarming (and positive!) than I've come to expect from him :laugh:

Buttercup

Record Breaker
That was very enjoyable. I liked Wylie's joke about using his checkered career, very funny! I was living in the US when he won his silver at Albertville and it was the first time I remember being really excited about figure skating. So I guess I owe Mr. Wylie, too :agree:.

I wish Jeremy all the best at Nationals. I hope he continues to skate as well as he did earlier in the season. US fans are really lucky to have so many good skaters in the men's discipline (and in the dance, but that's not the subject of this thread).

I am curious about one (off-topic) thing: why on earth would they schedule US Nats for the week of the inauguration? It's not like it wasn't known way ahead of time. With all the excitement in Washington, who will pay attention to the skaters? :frown2:

Oh, and I see it's only your second post - welcome, skyblue!

skyblue710

Rinkside
l agree with Hersh that Jeremy has an enormous potential. Also, I found the metaphor of wine so fitting to Jeremy's skating.