Ladies SP | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Ladies SP

Wrlmy

Medalist
This girl's music makes me miss Sasha.

Me too. One of her best programs.:love:
Tatyana isn't doing any justice at all. Her tech score will be very low, especially for someone who tries both lutz and flip in the short.

kate

On the Ice
Tatyana Khazova (My Sweet and Tender Beast)

She's wearing hinged boots with no OTB tights. First time I've seen that.
2A nice
3Lz fall, looked UR
3F landed very low, step-out, looked rotated to me but hard to tell
CCoSp4
SpSq4 including backwards COE but it looked like she might not have held the first one long enough
FCSp2
LSp3
She's not using this music at all
CiSt nice arms, this has been the only remotely expressive part of the program

kate

On the Ice
long wait for scores, probably reviewing the Lz, F, and spirals
Khazova 30.58

feraina

Record Breaker
Same problem here. I think it will be less noticeable when it's not closeups of people talking though.

Yeah, but that means the skating would appear especially unrelated to the music. That's really annoying. I think it's a full second off.

kate

On the Ice
Blake Rosenthal (Dancing with Fred Astair)

3Lz (e) 2-foot turns out
Great posture (her dance background really shows)
2F
2A nice
LSp4, nice positions
SpSq4
She deserves better choreography than this...
FSp4 if the callers are nice (she wasn't low enough dow in the broken leg)
SlSt nice edgework
CCoSp3

kate

On the Ice
Yeah, but that means the skating would appear especially unrelated to the music. That's really annoying. I think it's a full second off.

Dance as off too (I couldn't figure out how they all managed to start before their music!) and it really didn't seem to affect it that much -- and that's dance.

feraina

Record Breaker
Blake Rosenthal has great presence on ice (the cameraman loved her during warm-up, ignoring Alissa and Katrina). But the jumps not really there for her. 3Z flip-out (might be under-rotated, and Nancy said it was a flutz), no combo, and then 2F. 2A was very nice, though, much better than in warm-up (fall).

Nice, fluid footwork sequence, and stretched out spirals. Fast centered spins.

Tesla

Final Flight
Anyone have any scores? Stupid Icenetwork isn't updating them.

ETA Thank you for the pbp when IN always it. There are complaints on IN, so it seems as if not many can watch it.

Tenorguy

On the Ice
Beautiful dress on Ms Hacker - I'm a big Navy Blue fan. Nice opening combo. BTW - my feed is out of sync as well. Cheers for the 3loop came about 1.5 seconds after it landed. Bummer....

Nice attitude position in the layback. Has anyone tried logging out and back in to see if the sync issue clears?

kate

On the Ice
Rosenthal 43.48
Khazova 30.58

Katrina Hacker (On Golden Pond) with a much better dress

Still the same hokey opening choreography
3T+2T a little forced and slow
3Lo possible UR
She is a very calm skater
FSSp3 really bad travelling in the beginning
Fan spiral to 2A
Tons of applause
LSp3 nice arms on sideways
SpSq4 stunning opening COE spiral, could use more speed
CCoSp3
Seems strange that she's not maxing out her points on spins since she's clearly capable of it and Mark and Peter are great at milking out every point. I must have missed the step sequence.

Edit: 3Lo looked clean on replay

lmarie086

Medalist
Katrina's program is beautiful, and her new dress really completes it in a way that the old one failed too. I enjoyed that.

feraina

Record Breaker
Oh, man. Not only have I lost the feed, but my internet provider has this really really stupid feature where it tells you "webpage not found" for several minutes after it can't communicate with a host for a while. So now when I try to open up IN, I just get this "webpage not found" crap. I'm so angry! I'm missing Katrina's whole skate. :cry:

london_calling

On the Ice
Beautiful skate from Katrina. I love this choice of music, especially since this is her last nationals. Simple and classic.