Music Question | Golden Skate

Music Question

maharbaforwards

Rinkside
I quite like the version of Mon cœur s’ouvre à ta voix skated by both Davis/ White & Irina Slutskaya once upon a time. I was wondering if anybody knew the singer of that piece. Thanks

cassieandcheetah

On the Ice
Filippa Giordano :) I'm completely obsessed with that song haha

oh victoria90. we must be twins separated at birth, lol. We wrote our posts almost simultaneously....

That opera aria is very delicate. Charley White is not a delicate skater.

Oh, that's a little harsh Joesitz.....Samson's not a delicate character anyway, I think Charlie does a wonderful job regardless...He may not be as delicate as Scott Moir, but he's wonderfully expressive, I love him to death.

Last edited by a moderator:

sternfunken

Rinkside
I found the song on iTunes and it is called "S'apre per te il mio cuor". Filippa Giordano sings it in Italian.

oh victoria90. we must be twins separated at birth, lol. We wrote our posts almost simultaneously....

Oh, that's a little harsh Joesitz.....Samson's not a delicate character anyway, I think Charlie does a wonderful job regardless...He may not be as delicate as Scott Moir, but he's wonderfully expressive, I love him to death.
Actually Delilah sings the aria - not Samson.

victoria90

On the Ice
We must be haha. We usually write our posts almost simultaneously when it comes to answer something about Meryl and Charlie :laugh:

And I have to agree with you on this, cassieandcheetah. Samson isn't a delicate character at all, he's supposed to be dominated by his strength and all that, I also think Charlie's doing a great job interpreting the character... and after all, in this FD the one that has to be more graceful is Meryl since Delilah has to seduce Samson and make him fall in love with her, and she's doing an amazing job as well.

victoria90

On the Ice
Charley and Johnny are always perfect. No?

Well, I don't know about Johnny since I'm not a fan of him and I don't follow his skating but Charlie's not always perfect, it is more than obvious after that disastrous OD at CoR. Saying that Charlie's been doing a good job at getting into the character of Samson doesn't make him perfect.

Audrey19

On the Ice
Agree, Charly does a great job together with Meryl, they're awesome!
Irina Slutskaya used that song? Does anyone when that was? I'd love to see it...