15 Narumi TAKAHASHI / Mervin TRAN JPN
16 Anais MORAND / Antoine DORSAZ SUI

17 Marissa CASTELLI / Simon SHNAPIR USA
18 Ekaterina SHEREMETIEVA / Mikhail KUZNETSOV RUS
19 Lubov ILIUSHECHKINA / Nodari MAISURADZE RUS
20 Paige LAWRENCE / Rudi SWIEGERS CAN

Medusa

Record Breaker
Hey! It's already started! Where is the pbp?

1 Alexandra HERBRIKOVA / Lukas OVCACEK CZE 60.86 33.62 28.24 3.65 3.25 3.50 3.65 3.60 1.00 #1
2 Rie AOI / Wen Xiong GUO HKG 57.62 32.98 26.64 3.60 3.10 3.20 3.45 3.30 2.00 #2
3 Anna KHNYCHENKOVA / Sergei KULBACH UKR 55.22 28.30 27.92 3.60 3.40 3.35 3.70 3.40 1.00 #3

EDIT: please? pretty please??

Interesting. The Netherlands team did nothing but basics and they did those basics so well. Their Tech or their PC were not anything special. I wonder if that is the way for Pairs to go? Easy on first try and get better with each subsequent competition.

gold12345

Medalist
A little pbp please? Anyone? Even if you just listed the major elements (jumps, throws) in the programs and how they were performed, it would be great.

life684

Final Flight
Martiusheva and rogonov seems to have got their act together by looking at their scores. I wish someone would tell me how they skated because i absolutely love them.

oleada

Record Breaker
Martiusheva/Rogonov were great, only mistake was hands down on the 3S throw. I hope they can move up to medal. Shame about the SP!

life684

Final Flight
Martiusheva/Rogonov were great, only mistake was hands down on the 3S throw. I hope they can move up to medal. Shame about the SP!

Thank you oleada for that update on M/R, i hope in next couple of years she will master the big jumps.

life684

Final Flight
I hope someone will throw light on technical capability of Castelli/Shnapir, do they have the content to score in low 90s?.

Zhang and wang could really push for that silver medal as well.

oleada

Record Breaker
Carman/Knierim only did throw doubles and she fell on the SBS 2F, no combo.

Zhang botched both SBS jumps and was tight on the throw 3 Salchow. Currently in third.

Bird/Schultz were good. Their only mistake was a slip on the death spiral exit. They have potential.

I missed most of Takahashi/Tran but she fell going into the side by side spins.

ETA: Re: Casteli/Shnapir, I don't know if they have the tech content to be able to score 90+. Their PB of 81 is from the JGPF skating nearly perfect. However, they could get a PCS boost by skating in the last group.

jumpjumpjump

On the Ice
M/R were very impressive. I think they have a good chance at medaling here

C/K don't have the ability to score in the lower 90s, IMO, they only have double jumps and double throws.

T/T, Takahashi fell at the beginning of the sbs spins, and double footed the second throw.

oleada

Record Breaker
Morand/Dorsaz - only mistake was his fall on the 2A. MUCH improved from last year, Ingo Steuer has been good for them. I think she is the more expressive and solid partner. Nice program to "Once Upon A Time in America". Good transitions and expression, particularly from her.

Medusa

Record Breaker
Thanks for the info guys, I adore you (at least temporarily, as long as you give me info)!

oleada

Record Breaker
Do Bird and Schultz have two triple throws?

Yes, the throw 3 loop and throw 3 salchow.
I think they have one more year on the JGP. They have a lot of potential, IMO, and I wouldn't be surprised it they medaled (or at least did quite well) in the JGP next season. They already have nice style.

life684

Final Flight
Interesting Observation both Canadian male pairs skaters are really short
Swiegers 165 cms and Schultz 168. I dont know whether this will cause some problems in the coming years.

With no live link available, i have plenty of time to find these facts.:biggrin:

oleada

Record Breaker
Paige Lawrence is already 19, so I doubt it.
Maddison Bird is 14 (turns 15 in April), but she looks older than say Caroline Zhang or Rachael Flatt who are a bit older than her.