Entries | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Entries

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
I'm glad for Mysliveckova and Novak making it to Worlds for the CZE fed. However, I hope they have enough time to train the longer FD. At CZE senior nationals, AFAIR, they were ahead of Hajkova / Vincour in the OD, but fell twice in the FD. They had a very good set of performances at Jr Worlds though, finishing in the top ten, and with no falls. :clap::clap:

MissIzzy

Final Flight
9) Whats up with the KAZ dance team and that TBC(to be confirmed??).

They were initially on the roster for Junior Worlds, along with the team from Romania, but were forced to withdraw because they were lacking some sort of paperwork. Since the Romanian team doesn't have the TBC I assume they've since gotten that in order, but maybe the KAZ team hasn't yet?

I think most skaters will be happy going to LA so I do not think there will be any withdrawals unless really totally serious. There is the lure of Beverly Hills and Bel Aire in compartively mild weather. I can't say any Hollywood Elite will show up for the championships. But, maybe. Oh, where is Sasha?

If events are broken up in two parts, do the same judges judge the skaters at 6am and at 8pm?

Alicja

On the Ice
6) What happened to Vartmann/Just. Germany can use 3 spots.. any news about them. I liked them.

Germany won't use the third pairs spot. Florian Just had to undergo surgery at the end of January. I can't really remember the reason. Probably it was a herniated disc, not sure though

Last edited:

MagicFairy

On the Ice
3 new Entries by ladies!!! : Yoniko Eva Washington (IND)
Sonja Mugosa (MNE)
Victoria Muniz (PUR)

Buttercup

Record Breaker
And 2 new entries for men: Andrew Huertas (PUR)
Joffrey Bourdon (MNE)
OK, I'll reveal my ignorance. What country is MNE? I figure PUR is Puerto Rico, but I've no idea what MNE might be.

ETA: My guess was correct! It's Montenegro. Is Joffrey the first skater to represent Montenegro in the men's, or have there been others? It is a pretty new country.

Last edited:

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
The men and ladies fields are split into two groups---earlier and later---based on their ISU ranking. Those in the earlier group draw for starting order within that group.

In the later group, the top 12 draw for skating order in the last two flights. Finally, the remaining skaters draw for starting order in the first flights of the later group.

MEN in the later group (barring withdrawals and substitutions):

Final flights of later group:
Tomas VERNER
Brian JOUBERT
Kevin VAN DER PERREN
Patrick CHAN
Evan LYSACK
Jeremy ABBOTT
Takahiko KOZUKA
Nobunari ODA
Yannick PONSERO
Brandon MROZ
Sergei VORONOV
Kristoffer BERNTSSON

First flights of later group:
Vaughn CHIPEUR CAN
Adrian SCHULTHEISS SWE
Takahito MURA JPN
Denis TEN KAZ
Jeremy TEN CAN
Samuel CONTESTI ITA
Jialiang WU CHN
Andrei LUTAI RUS
Gregor URBAS SLO
Javier FERNANDEZ ESP
Peter LIEBERS GER
Jamal OTHMAN SUI
Igor MACYPURA SVK
Przmyslaw DOMANSKI POL

LADIES in the later group (barring withdrawals and substitutions); names in italics are injured and may or may not compete:

Final flights of later group:
Carolina KOSTNER
Mao ASADA
Yu-Na KIM
Laura LEPISTO
Joannie ROCHETTE
Miki ANDO
Julia SEBESTYEN
Sarah MEIER

Rachael FLATT
Susanna POYKIO
Alena LEONOVA
Fumie SUGURI

First flights of later group:
Elene GEDEVANISHVILI
Alissa CZISNY
Elena GLEBOVA
Ivana REITMAYEROVA
Valentina MARCHEI
Jenna McCORKELL
Cynthia PHANEUF
Sonja LAFUENTE
Viktoria HELGESSON
Tugba KARADEMIR
Annette DYTYRT
Na-Young KIM
Anastasia GIMAZETDINOVA
Nella SIMAOVA
Tamar KATZ
Candice DIDIER

Note that if both Sebestyen and Meier were to withdraw, their substitutes would place back in the earlier group; that would move Gedevanishvili and Czisny into the final two flight in the later group.

Last edited:

Sinclare

Rinkside
This is indeed exciting so many great skaters. Will Icenetwork carry it live or will NBC not permit the webcast?

Buttercup

Record Breaker
The men and ladies fields are split into two groups---earlier and later---based on their ISU ranking. Those in the earlier group draw for starting order within that group.

In the later group, the top 12 draw for skating order in the last two flights. Finally, the remaining skaters draw for starting order in the first flights of the later group.

MEN in the later group (barring withdrawals and substitutions)
I was going to say that I was surprised to see Brandon Mroz in that top group, but then I looked over the ISU standings, and what's interesting is how many of their top ranked skaters will not be in LA: Stephane Lambiel is retired, Dai is injured, while Johnny Weir, Adam Rippon, Michal Brezina, Stephen Carriere and Alban Preaubert, who are ranked ahead of Brandon, all failed to qualify. Johnny is the no. 4 ranked skater in the world, and he won't be competing. Maybe the USFS should reconsider after all? A team of Jeremy Abbott, Evan Lysacek and Johnny Weir would be quite formidable.

Tomas Verner, who hasn't won anything in over a year, is still the number 1 ranked skater; must be all those senior B events he does. Daisuke Takahashi, who hasn't skated all season, is number 3.

Why would Julia Sebastyen withdraw? Is she injured?

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
NBC is showing only a portion of the Ladies FS on Saturday, March 28th from 9 pm - 11 pm.

Some (but not all) of the other events will be shown on the Oxygen network:

The CD and Pairs SP on Tuesday, 3/24, will not be shown live, but taped portions may be on Oxygen on Wednesday 3/25 from 4:30 to 6:30.

A portion of the later group of the Men's SP will be shown live on Oxygen Wednesday 3/25 6:30-8:30 pm EST.

Some of the Pairs FS will be shown live on Oxygen Thursday 3/26 Midnight to 2 am

Some of the Mens FS will be shown live on Oxygen Thursday 3/26 11 pm - 2 am Friday 3/27

Taped portions (maybe the OD?) will be shown on Oxygen Friday 3/27, 4:30-6:30 pm.

A portion of the later group of the Ladies SP will be shown live on Oxygen Friday 3/27, 6:30-8:30 pm

A portion of the FD will be shown live on Oxygen Saturday 3/28, 12 midnight - 2 am.

But despite that, IceNetwork will not be webcasting any part of Worlds.

It remains to be seen if WebTV (from Russia) or Turkish TV will have any live webcasting.

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Yes, Julia is reported to be injured, but she may compete at Worlds anyway. Sarah Meier is also injured, and she will decide at the last moment whether she will compete or not. Julia's substitute is Bianka Padar, and Sarah's is Nicole Graf.

Buttercup

Record Breaker
I also posted it on the event thread - Brian Joubert withdrew today from the Challenge Cup because of tendinitis in his knee; but according to news reports, he should still be good to go for Worlds. I certainly hope so!

kittyjake5

On the Ice
I also posted it on the event thread - Brian Joubert withdrew today from the Challenge Cup because of tendinitis in his knee; but according to news reports, he should still be good to go for Worlds. I certainly hope so!

Thanks for the info.

I'm looking for the Order-of-Skate, which to me, has a direct influence on the skater's nerves and in many ways the judges also. Think Ross Miner in Junior Worlds skating 1st and soon forgotten.

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I'm looking for the Order-of-Skate, which to me, has a direct influence on the skater's nerves and in many ways the judges also. Think Ross Miner in Junior Worlds skating 1st and soon forgotten.

Miner was skating in his first international event ever, and despite his early start, he was 9th in the SP as well as the FS, and finished 10th overall. That was a remarkably good placement for a newbie.

snowflake

I enjoy what I like
Record Breaker
I have to disagree. To me, it looks like a big mistake not to send Yukari. I'm not a fan of Yukari, but she is a consistent good performer and was off the podium by little margin in 2008. Of course I maybe wrong.

I am just happy for Fumie and myself. Beeing egoistic....not caring what's best for Japan :)

skater330

Spectator
The Swiss Federation hasn't decided yet who (Graf or Silberer) has the second place for Worlds. They will decide it from the Short Program result from the Universiade (Graf) and Challenge Trophy (Silberer). But I don't know why Silberer is named as second and Graf as substitute because Graf was better at Nationals and Europeans.

I was going to say that I was surprised to see Brandon Mroz in that top group, but then I looked over the ISU standings, and what's interesting is how many of their top ranked skaters will not be in LA: Stephane Lambiel is retired, Dai is injured, while Johnny Weir, Adam Rippon, Michal Brezina, Stephen Carriere and Alban Preaubert, who are ranked ahead of Brandon, all failed to qualify. Johnny is the no. 4 ranked skater in the world, and he won't be competing. Maybe the USFS should reconsider after all? A team of Jeremy Abbott, Evan Lysacek and Johnny Weir would be quite formidable.

Tomas Verner, who hasn't won anything in over a year, is still the number 1 ranked skater; must be all those senior B events he does. Daisuke Takahashi, who hasn't skated all season, is number 3.

Why would Julia Sebastyen withdraw? Is she injured?
Thank you Buttercup, for waking me up to all this. Very interesting and should I consider the goldmedalist as the one who won over all the ISU Men?