Samuelson and Bates Well Prepared for Season | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Samuelson and Bates Well Prepared for Season

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Just a reminder to their fans that Evan and Emily will be competing at TEB this weekend coming.

lcd

Match Penalty
Odd reading some of the speculation about this couple off-ice. :)

Agree. These two have been skating together since they were little kids. A very cute picture last year at US nationals, they looked about 10 or 11 at the time. Must be like brother and sister after all these years.

skatingbc

Final Flight
Odd reading some of the speculation about this couple off-ice. :)

Agree. These two have been skating together since they were little kids. A very cute picture last year at US nationals, they looked about 10 or 11 at the time. Must be like brother and sister after all these years.

Personally, I get no romantic vibes at all from Samuelson and Bates. But I do get very romantic vibes coming from Virtue and Moir, and they have been together since they were 7 and 9! Apparently, Scott views Tessa as his "younger, more mature sister", but that doesn't seem to stop the heat on the ice!

Nadine

Record Breaker
I had a great time yesterday watching old videos on icenetwork, one of which was the Q&A of Evan & Emily last June of 2008. It made me lol again!:laugh:

The interviewer asked them if there was something about each of them that the public didn't know, and Evan said he could write & eat with his left hand, but everything else he did with his right. Then Emily sat & thought for a bit & said "no, I don't have any strange talents":biggrin: At which point Evan says "I'm double jointed in my finger" & starts demonstrating. ROTFLMAO!:rofl: And that's just part of it, there are also some more comic moments. :p

Regards chemistry on ice, I find at least half of the couples have a little bit of it, some more, others less. Evan & Emily definitely have it IMHO. Another part of the reason of why I'm a fan. I generally don't like brother & sister duos, whether they are biologically so or just come off like it on the ice. I enjoy acting/theatre, thus I want to see this on the ice, just as I do on the big screen. Oddly enough, the greatest couples with IT don't get along in real life, ala Anissina & Peizerat (nobody even comes close to their passion on ice IMHO) and Clark Gable & Vivienne Leigh (they couldn't stand each other). Just to name a few.

And then there are some married couples that do nothing for me personally. Yeah, I may enjoy their skating, but just because they are married it doesn't necessarily add that spark. Once again, the greatest example I can think of is A&P. They weren't married, total opposites, yet when they took the ice my eyes were riveted.:cool:

lcd

Match Penalty
I like the 'acting' if it comes across as genuine enough or believable. Sometimes the acting gets so over the top though it is nauseating and irritating.

I disagree with a prior comment about brother sister teams. To me they have a relationship that is very real, and the REALITY of that relationship can make for very meaningful dynamics. Obviously, many get the 'yuck' factor when they 'act' like they are all "hot" for each other, but I think many of the brother-sister teams have real chemistry that just can't be faked. I actually can think of plenty of such teams that have it in spades. I think the Duchesnays had it, the Kerrs have it, the Shibutani's also have it.

Nadine

Record Breaker
I agree lcd. :)

Yes, the Duchesnays are one of my all-time favorite ice dance couples, their tribal dance program blew everyone away! Lol, everyone talks about *daring* programs, well that to me is the most daring program of all time!:thumbsup: What guts, what verve, can still see the shock on the judges faces, lol.:laugh: