Who Will Hang Around for the Next 4 Years? and | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Who Will Hang Around for the Next 4 Years? and

seniorita

Record Breaker
Maybe Joe just means back to back bronze (same color ) medal :) But I wish Takahashi a better placement.

ImaginaryPogue

Record Breaker
Stay until Sochi
Men: Kozuka, Chan, Schultheiss, D. Ten, Fernandez (and all the guys who had their first senior season this year)
Women: Asada, Nagasu, Leonova, Gedevanishivli, Lepisto (ditto)
Pairs: Denney/Barrett, James/Bonheur, Barazova/Larionov
Dance: Davis/White, Samueslon/Bates, Crone/Poirier, Cappellini/Lannotte, Boborva/Soloviev

riardo

Rinkside
Well, today M/T officially finished, K/N are also pretty much done according to Sergey's health reports it is serious.
V/M are at least taking few years break. D/D are also done?

ImaginaryPogue

Record Breaker
If you mean Dance-V/M, they haven't announced anything yet. If Pairs-V/M, than they split up after the Olympics. D/D are sticking around for next season.

riardo

Rinkside
If you mean Dance-V/M, they haven't announced anything yet. If Pairs-V/M, than they split up after the Olympics. D/D are sticking around for next season.

I meant Dance-V/M. I thought they stated at post-event press conference that they are thinking of taking a break. And I thought Bryce was actively looking for new partner?

silverlake22

Record Breaker
Stay until Sochi
Men: Kozuka, Chan, Schultheiss, D. Ten, Fernandez (and all the guys who had their first senior season this year)
Dance: Davis/White, Samueslon/Bates, Crone/Poirier, Cappellini/Lannotte, Boborva/Soloviev

Are you forgetting about all the Russian Wonder Babies who are already better than Leonova at the age of 13? Makarova may still be around in 2014 but Leonova I seriously doubt will be able to beat those youngsters once they are age eligbile.

ImaginaryPogue

Record Breaker
I meant Dance-V/M. I thought they stated at post-event press conference that they are thinking of taking a break. And I thought Bryce was actively looking for new partner?

According to this link, Dube/Davison will be keeping their long program for next season, so (at least publically), they're planning to stay together.

The "looking for a new partner" came from Trankov, who mentioned earlier that he had heard that Volosozhar was looking in Canada for a new partner. The rumours settled quickly on Eric Radford and Bryce Davison. The former has had a few partners and hasn't struck oil yet (he's teaming up with Megan Duhamel; her former partner, Craig Buntin, is retiring). People have assumed that Dube and Davison were gonna split up because of their personal difficulties and general downhill slide this season (Nationals excepted - if they had done poorly at Nationals, I think they might have split), but there was never any real confirmation.

As for Virtue/Moir, they've been trying their hardest to avoid confirming or denying continuing. I think they simply mean a regular break from competition (ie, the summer), doing tours and shows before stating one or the other. I do think they're leaning towards leaving, though.

Last edited:

ImaginaryPogue

Record Breaker
Are you forgetting about all the Russian Wonder Babies who are already better than Leonova at the age of 13? Makarova may still be around in 2014 but Leonova I seriously doubt will be able to beat those youngsters once they are age eligbile.

I really have no idea how many of them are gonna be age eligble or will survive puberty. There's four of them right now, right? But I don't think Leonova's gonna go away even if they do beat her (see Suguri).

lavender

Record Breaker
Miki can keep N/M...have a feeling she's not going to give that up but please get David, Lori, Dai or Stephane's choreographer to create her programs.

I think there will be skaters that leave but may come back. I don't see V/M, Yu na, Bradley, Evan, Johnny staying. I think Jeremy will come back but will he stay til Sochi.

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker
Personally I am surprised that Dube and Davidson will keep skating. I sincerely hope they stop trying the salchows before he kills her.

I think Virtue and Moir will be back, they seem to love what they are doing and have so much to do still .They have yet to win the GPF (right?).
I think Yu-na will back, Mao already said she has plans for Sochi. I don't think Miki will be in Sochi but probably will hang around another year or two. Same with Carolina. Racheal says she is going to Stanford so I see her pulling an Emily and trying to make a rather pathetic "comeback" in 2014.

Evan and Johnny are done (weep weep). I think Abbott will try and get a third National title next year but if he fails internationally again I see 2011 being his last season. Bradeley already said this is his last year.

Does anyone know about Aliona and Robin? I really want to see them comeback strong next year and show us what pair skating is supposed to look like, but I am worried they will hang it up this summer.

riardo

Rinkside
I wonder if Miki will stay with Morozov now that he is confirmed to replace Kudryavtsev in Moscow and will move there permanently to train on his own rink?
Also, a lot in Russian camp's future depends on who will replace Piseev. The usual favoritism towards certain coaches will probably end no matter who the new head is. The pressure will be huge to sweep in Sochi and a lot of money will be poured in the next 4 years into this sport there to get the results.

jovani2293

On the Ice
I wonder if Miki will stay with Morozov now that he is confirmed to replace Kudryavtsev in Moscow and will move there permanently to train on his own rink?
Also, a lot in Russian camp's future depends on who will replace Piseev. The usual favoritism towards certain coaches will probably end no matter who the new head is. The pressure will be huge to sweep in Sochi and a lot of money will be poured in the next 4 years into this sport there to get the results.

Interesting!!!!!!

What will she do???
Who will coach her???
Who will choregraph her programs???

silverlake22

Record Breaker
I really have no idea how many of them are gonna be age eligble or will survive puberty. There's four of them right now, right? But I don't think Leonova's gonna go away even if they do beat her (see Suguri).

Oh, no way more than 4. There were the 3 that placed 3,4,5 at Jr Worlds (the two Polinas and Anna) but they aren't even the best ones. There's also Elizaveta (3rd at senior nationals) and Adelina (1st at senior nationals last year), Sofya (1st in the SP at senior nationals), Julia, and others. There's so many of them and they are all really good and much less sloppy than Leonova, and I kind of doubt puberty will knock out all of them. Ksenia will be lucky if they don't beat her too.

rtureck

Final Flight
Stay until Sochi
Agree with above, I think Zhang /Zhang, and Pang/Tong will stay too

Fae

Rinkside
If S/S, K/S, and P/T stay on allll the waaay to 2014 and somehow manage to land on the podium again...it will be the oldest podium ever, no?!

S/S aren't exactly that young (well, him anyway) and I'm thinking once they get a few more world gold medals under their belt, they'll do a S/Z ie. Take a season or 2 out and then think about coming back for 2014 if they feel up to it. I think they're all gungho about skating to Sochi because the disappointment from the olympics (and worlds....and gpf and euros......er, the 2009- 2010 hasn't been a great season for them huh :( is still fresh in their minds.