Skating with the Stars | Page 6 | Golden Skate

Skating with the Stars

Phil Cohen

Rinkside
I Agree that Bethenny should have been eliminated, and that Brooke & Jonny should have been in the finals. The victory of Rebecca & her partner was inevitable: Rebecca had the most previous skating experience. Bethenny was too old(40) to be competing against much younger people. While this series was better than Fox's ill-fated "Skating with Celebrities", the pace dragged towards the middle of the series, when the producers struggled to fill airtime when one couple had to drop out due to injury. American television still has nothing in the same league with the British & Russian celebrity skating competitions that you can see on YouTube.

Last edited:

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
I Agree that Bethenny should have been eliminated, and that Brooke & Jonny should have been in the finals. The victory of Rebecca & her partner was inevitable: Rebecca had the most previous skating experience. Bethenny was too old(40) to be competing against much younger people. While this series was better than Fox's ill-fated "Skating with Celebrities", the pace dragged towards the middle of the series, when the producers struggled to fill airtime when one couple had to drop out due to injury. American television still has nothing in the same league with the British & Russian celebrity skating competitions that you can see on YouTube.

I think the Canadian version is the best one out of all of them, and probably the one that would be most successful here in the States.

Phil Cohen

Rinkside
But the Canadian show involves re-training Hockey players to be pairs or ice dance skaters, which is an objective quite different from that of the UK,Russian or American shows.

Yes, but all three shows have in common a high standard of skating and an interest in giving the contestants enough training. I'd love for producers to think that Americans are ready for such a show.

Phil Cohen

Rinkside
But will American celebrities be willing to set aside their normal careers for 4 months of training(as on the UK "Dancing on Ice" show)?

Ice Princess

On the Ice
Country
United-States
I was so glad to see that the show was back on! But, a bunch of the skaters, were ones I didn't really know! I was also glad to see Battle of the Blades again! I know more of those figure skaters! :)