Skating with the Stars | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Skating with the Stars

heyang

Record Breaker
I don't think many NHL stars would put themselves on to SWTS. However, if I had to cast, my 1st choice would be Kristi's hubby Brett Hedican and Natalia Mishkutenok 's ex Craig Shephard. Both guys were/are hockey players.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
I don't think many NHL stars would put themselves on to SWTS. However, if I had to cast, my 1st choice would be Kristi's hubby Brett Hedican and Natalia Mishkutenok 's ex Craig Shephard. Both guys were/are hockey players.

I think we'd be pleasantly surprised. I don't think the Canadian hockey stars are thought of as any more pro-figure skating than our guys are. Scott Hamilton is friends with several key hockey greats... and then there's Kristi's connection... Brett could probably pull some of his buddies into it. It'd be possible.

Aliyahsk8

Rinkside
I watched the first show and found it painful to watch, as well. The host is like fingernails on a chalkboard! I think finding a better host would improve the show instantaneously. Nonetheless, I plan on tuning in after my freestyle session.

Chemistry66

Mmmmm, tacos.
Record Breaker
While some of the routines may be silly and so incredibly basic, there's some that are pretty great.

The three I think will be easily on top are Johnny and Brooke, Brandon and Keauna, and Rebecca and Fred.

Each of those has some sort of good technique already. Johnny has speed. Brandon has good strength and energy. And Rebecca has some great lines (and of course having a partner like Fred Palascak who is used to bigger tricks doesn't hurt!)

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
I guess, but still "giggle in the jiggle"?????

did anyone else see Johnny use the 9 paddle for his 6 score last night? was that a dig at Dick's earlier mistake?

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Loved Johnny's do. I thought Johnny was a little harsh on the judging but in some things he made perfect sense. I love when all the judges commented on Bethenny Frankl put on smile. It actually cracked me up....she had it pasted on all through the routine. I'm just wondering what she's going to do with that info....she can be a hot cannon at times.

Johar

Medalist
Rebecca did awesome last night! I was so proud of her! Sean Young's falls were ouchy-looking. The ice aint nice! And is that loop area the skate through on a downward slope? Just how does one skate on a hill?

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Loved Johnny's do. I thought Johnny was a little harsh on the judging but in some things he made perfect sense. I love when all the judges commented on Bethenny Frankl put on smile. It actually cracked me up....she had it pasted on all through the routine. I'm just wondering what she's going to do with that info....she can be a hot cannon at times.

I'm finding myself agreeing with Johnny's tech scores, but not really his "artistic" marks... especially the 7 he gave Sean last night. He was definitely giving a higher number just because it was Denis out there :laugh:

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
according to his bio he skated in teh mid 90s... http://abc.go.com/shows/skating-with-the-stars/bio/fred-palascak/607922

Ohio native Fred Palascak competed in his first U.S. National Figure Skating Championship at the age of 15. At the U.S. Eastern Sectional Championships in 1993, Fred’s 4th place finish allowed him to qualify for the U.S .Nationals. But that probably wasn’t his fondest memory from that event since it’s where he met his wife/skating partner, Melanie Lambert. Fred and Melanie began skating together in 1994. Nine years later, they were married!

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Tanith Belbin tweeted that she will be doing "double duty" this week - hosting and skating with Ben!!!!!!

Atena

Rinkside
Tanith Belbin tweeted that she will be doing "double duty" this week - hosting and skating with Ben!!!!!!

O tougth the show was going to be worse :laugh: Is kind of fun (kind of). Tanith...i love her dress and she is doing a much better job now, I'm so happy for her.

I'm glad to see some real skating on teh show too, can't wait to see Tanith and Ben there :biggrin:

ManyCairns

Medalist
Country
United-States
Three cheers for getting to see Tan and Ben skate!

ETA: And here they are: Huzzah! Huzzah! Huzzah!

Last edited: