Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Shawn Sawyer - Out or In?

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    The heck with US Skating's wishes, I hope Ryan has a long career in whatever way he wants to take it. He amuses the heck out of me.

Quote Originally Posted by dorispulaski View Post
    The heck with US Skating's wishes, I hope Ryan has a long career in whatever way he wants to take it. He amuses the heck out of me.
    It was the poster I quoted (obvioulsy a Canadian ) who suggested US Skating has a problem with Ryan Bradley.

Like I said, I see no evidence, zero, zip, zilche, nada, etc that US Skating has a problem with Bradley. To the contrary, I think many were happy to see his perserverance pay off.

It is nice and a special moment in sport when we see good things happene to good people.

I hope Sawyer is just as happy as Bradley.
    Last edited by janetfan; 04-03-2011 at 05:20 PM.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonichelle View Post
    bummer, being nonCanadian I can't watch it, it's only for Canucks. Oh well.
    Some quotes

Kurt: “One of the things that I think you have that the other guys don’t have is the sheer raw excitement of the jumps.”
    Ryan: “That’s cause you never know what’s gonna happen!”

Browning clearly has a lot of respect for Bradley, coming from the tone of the interview.

Ryan loves the quad, does more than he should.

He choreographed his short program as a bit of a joke. He wasn’t skating well, not landing the jumps, etc, so the program was more of an audience treat.

It’s also interesting to see just how much he clearly likes Chan as a person (people keep trying to spread rumours about how skaters hate Chan, so it’s nice to see such a firm rebuke).

Quote Originally Posted by Hernando View Post
    (obvioulsy a Canadian)
    Nope. (Smile when you say that, stranger. )

Quote Originally Posted by dorispulaski View Post
    right *amuse* is the word for it. he's freaking adorable.

Pogue - Kurt was in Bradley's corner in 06, too, but was pretty harsh when he had a less than stellar nationals... then he came back next season and beat the pants off of one of the favorites and Kurt put him in his show. yeah, Kurt likes the kid. Scotty does too. (still no idea why he wasn't asked to be in SOI... maybe because Kurt said yes? here's hoping his national title gets him a ticket into next year's cast).

Quote Originally Posted by Mathman View Post
    Nope. (Smile when you say that, stranger. )
    I edited my post

^

Custom Title
    Wow! Amazed at somebody's extradinary ability to read between the lines!

Did I say USFSA has problem with Bradley or wanted to get rid of him?:sheesh: Needless to say they don't.

The reason that Bradley was dragged into here was because I believe that Sawyer and Bradley are on similar boat this year. They both have been competing for ages. Both were considered close to retiring from competitions. Both have been having prolonged consistancy problems. Both have skated very well at their own Nationals. Sawyer skated lights out, and got silver. Bradley also skated well enough with ambitious three quads and got his longtime dreamed National title. Both looked like have peaked at that moment - my opinion - I have to state it clearly. Both were extremely happy with their own National results with some sort of disbelieve indicating that the results have exceeded their own expectations.

I do think Bradley might have a second thought if he is offered SOI of this year. He might choose Sawyer's route. Again, it's my opinion. Then again, it won't happen because he is not offered SOI this year at least so far. Abbott skated too bad in LP at the Nationals. It's difficult to defend him with such a skate. Maybe my thought has jumped too fast and too far. It was tongue in cheek, but it's offended some people. My apology.

BTW, what does it have anything to do with Canadian or not Canadian?!
    Last edited by Bluebonnet; 04-06-2011 at 08:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebonnet View Post
    Wow! Amazed at somebody's extradinary ability to read between the lines!

Did I say USFSA has problem with Bradley or wanted to get rid of him?

Both looked like have peaked at that moment - my opinion - I have to state it clearly. :
    Thankyou, and yes you did make a comment about it and "tongue in cheek" comments are fine.

Then you said Bradley and Sawyer "peaked" at their respective nationals.

Was that more "tongue in cheek"

That is an odd comment at best as Bradley had not competed for close to a year and was off the ice recovering from a broken foot for quite a while as he contemplated his future.

"Tongue in cheek" perhaps, but why do I think more of the old "foot in mouth."

By his own admission Ryan was nowhere near "peak condition" at Natls.
    Last edited by janetfan; 04-04-2011 at 10:14 AM.

Custom Title
    Thankyou, and yes you did make a comment about it and "tongue in cheek" comments are fine.

Then you said Bradley and Sawyer "peaked" at their respective nationals.

Was that more "tongue in cheek"

That is an odd comment at best as Bradley had not competed for close to a year and was off the ice recovering from a broken foot for quite a while as he contemplated his future.

"Tongue in cheek" perhaps, but why do I think more of the old "foot in mouth."

I didn't mean in any way that USFSA has problem with Bradley. I can see that like everyone else. If you insist, that's your problem, not my. I just thought that Bradley might be going the same route as Sawyer has. Somebody just have creative, imaginary way of interpreting other's meaning. What can you do about that?:sheesh:

"foot in mouth"? Sure. You might be able to have a chance to say that after this worlds. But now, isn't it too early?
    Last edited by Bluebonnet; 04-04-2011 at 11:12 AM.

I didn't mean in any way that USFSA has problem with Bradley. I can see that like everyone else. I just thought that Bradley might be going the same route as Sawyer has. Somebody's insisting creative, imaginary interpretation of other's meaning. What can you do about that?:sheesh:

"foot in mouth"? Sure. You might be able to have a chance to say that after this worlds. But now, isn't it too early?
    You miss the point as US Skating is not run by Piseev or Skate Canada officials.

I for one hope Ryan and Alissa will be happy with the way they perform at Worlds. The medal situation is not more important than fairness to me.

I wish Mirai was skating at Worlds, but not ahead of Alissa or Rachael, who earned their spots in a sporting, non-political way.

I wish Jeremy was also skating at Worlds but only if USA had four slots.
    Maybe where you grew up they do it differently but I have no problems with our Worlds team and wish them all best of luck.

And good luck to you getting that foot out of you rmouth again (tongue in cheek,tongue in cheek ).

Custom Title
    You miss the point as US Skating is not run by Piseev or Skate Canada officials.
    Wow, I didn't know that! What a news!

Wow, I didn't know that! What a news!
    Yes, good news is always worth discussing and sharing

As to how I will feel after Worlds, I am sure I will have several emotions.

Based on how Jeremy skated this season I am not losing sleep over his staying home. He is a favorite skater of mine and most federations would have bumped a skater and put him on their Natl team.

I say skate better next year at Natls Jeremy or go join Sawyer and skate in shows.

Custom Title
    His own admission and "condition" aside, Bradley's bio shows, untill the 2011 US Nationals, he has had just 3 medals in his resume, none a major international event. Winning his first and only Gold at the US Nationals therefore does indicate a peak, possibly the peak, in his career. His chances of medaling at Worlds is nil, seeing he's gone to Worlds only twice in his relatively long competition career, placing 15 and 18, and his current ranking, official or not, is far from the podium. He may pull a personal best at the upcoming Worlds but as far as his skating career achievements are concerned, I would say he peaked.

I guarantee his tagline will be "Former US Champion" rather than "A Top 10 Worlds Competitor".
    Last edited by SkateFiguring; 04-04-2011 at 12:08 PM.

Peaked , as in meaning meaning he attained his highest goal?

Please lend me your crystal globe so I too can see into the future.

How do we know how Bradley will skate at Worlds?
    Your statement that a medal is not a possibilty seems irrelevant.

What matters is that he decided to compete this season as opposed to retiring and is pursuing his dream. Not your dream, but his dream.
    Quite a difference, no?

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast