3. Rika
4. Satoko
5. Bradie
6. Sofia
7. Elizabet
8. Eunsoo
9. Mariah
10. Viveca

I think this is a prediction not a power ranking based on this years results. It would perhaps be more suited for the World’s prediction thread. If you are doing the latter, I don’t see how Rika is not on top since she has defeated everyone on your list internationally this season.

[email protected]

Medalist
Record Breaker
My final power ranking list for this season - this is also the top-10 worlds prediction based on the "power":

#1 Rika Kihira

#2 Alina Zagitova

#3 Kaori Sakamoto

#4 Satoko Miyahara

#5 Evgeniya Medvedeva +4 She is in the team and she has been doing much better recently. With her CR performance (but with landing 3S-3Lo) she has non zero podium chances.

#6 Sofia Samodurova -1

#7 Elizabet Tursynbaeva -1

#8 Bradie Tennell

#9-10 Maria Bell

#9-10 Eunsoo Lim

I am sure that 3A will bring changes next season.

zounger

Medalist
I think this is a prediction not a power ranking based on this years results. It would perhaps be more suited for the World’s prediction thread. If you are doing the later, I don’t see how Rika is not on top since she has defeated everyone on your list internationally this season.

We are close to Worlds now, so you can consider prediction and power ranking to tend to be the same.

sweetice

Praise the Ice God
Final Flight
Evgenia's result of the Cup of Russia was heavily inflated.

We can't be sure if the Worlds panel will going to be strict on her or not, but i don't think her power ranking can suddenly be considered as high, after a season of low scores.

yume

🍉
Record Breaker
My WR:
1. Rika Kihira: undefeated internationally, can score big big (240+). Pretty consistent in her FS which didn't score less than 140+ even with few mistakes and harsh judging.
2. Alina Zagitova: She struggled at her last competition but still a dangerous competitor with an high potential scoring if clean. Medaled at all her intl competitions.
3. Satoko Miyahara: Consistent with high potential scoring. I can see her get 78+ in SP with everything lev4, and 145-148 in FS.
4. Elizaveta Tuktamysheva: Is consistent in the free skate that can score big and can score 70+ in SP even without a cleanly landed 3A. Medaled at all her competitions. Ambitious since she trains a free program with another 3A. A shame she won't be at worlds. What a waste.
5. Kaori Sakamoto: Consistent even if she maybe lost a bit of momentum at 4CC. Good potential scoring. 75+ and 145+ are not far from her reach.
6. Elizabet Tursynbaeva: A deceiving GP season, but a breakthrough at 4CC. With 4S in her arsenal and if she does well at Universiade, she can be in the podium conversation.
7. Mai Mihara: The one and only who can scores 200+ at every competition, didn't fell in the whole season, has only three obvious mistakes, who has 70+ and 140+ scoring potential, but can't go at worlds.
8. Samodurova: Rock solid. Rising scores even if they still not that high. Empty programs and not an high level of difficulty but she does the job well.
9. Evgenia Medvedeva: Didn't score well the whole season, skated only one clean program so far, but her heavy reputation can maybe put her above a skater like Sakamoto who is better than her in every skating departement.
10. Bradie Tennell: Ur calls are her ennemies. Without that she can score pretty well. Not a bad season with victories in challengers and a GP medal.

Evgenia's result of the Cup of Russia was heavily inflated.

We can't be sure if the Worlds panel will going to be strict on her or not, but i don't think her power ranking can suddenly be considered as high, after a season of low scores.

I think the reason Medvedeva is back in the conversation is because after an unfocused beginning to the season, she seems to be on the upswing. That usually bodes well compared to the opposite -- a competitor who starts strong but falls to maintain the momentum.

But I still think that it is European Champion Samodurova who is whizzing along the inside track heading for Worlds. :yes:

lusterfan

Final Flight
I think some people focus too much on the results of the entire season. Of course, if a skater has been inconsistent all season, then it will be unlikely for them to suddenly pull a perfect skate at Worlds. However, how a skater performed several months to nearly half a year ago shouldn't have that much weight when considering how they will do now. Most of them have been fine tuning their programs and jumps as the season progresses.

Evgenia may have been inconsistent all season, but she seems to be on the upswing now. She has some newfound confidence and I want to believe she can handle the pressure given her experience. Many skaters will plan to peak for Worlds anyway.

sweetice

Praise the Ice God
Final Flight
Evgenia may have been inconsistent all season, but she seems to be on the upswing now.
She's still working for the next season, more than for this competition. She's not ready, as now, for stand versus a strict panel.

It's not about undervalue her, she know too that her technique and layout is still a work in progress.

There's always a chance that something will pass overlooked, for her, Miyahara, Tennell and so on, but we can't be surprised if the things will going to go otherwise.

Anyway, i wasn't exactly thinking about this like they are the worlds predictions. Those are a different thing ( falls, nerves, panel and go on ).

[email protected]

Medalist
Record Breaker
All these rankings seems so silly now.. :biggrin:

Let's see - I go with the worlds' results vs. my own rankings:

Alina Zagitova 1 vs. 2 = +1

Elizabet Tursynbaeva 2 vs. 7 = +5

Evgeniya Medvedeva 3 vs. 5 = +2

Rika Kihira 4 vs. 1 = -3

Kaori Sakamoto 5 vs. 3 = -2

Satoko Miyahara 6 vs. 4 = -2

Bradie Tennell 7 vs. 8 = +1

Sofia Samodurova 8 vs. 6 = -2

Mariah Bell 9 vs. 9-10

Eusoon Lim 9 vs. 9-10

Well, my power ranking was not that bad: I correctly named all top-10. Remember that there were other names like Loena Hendrikx, Gabby Daleman and others.

Also I correctly put Mariah and Eusoon with others being in +-2 range (this gives points in prediction game). Of course, there was an unexpected by anyone rise of Lizbet and also the unexpected fall of Rika. We all remeber what Alina went through after being 5th in Milan vs. expected "easy" gold. Things happen in figure skating.

Just for fun. This is my closing the season power ranking list. I wonder, how it will compare with the one that will open the next season.

#1 Alina Zagitova +1 The big and mighty - she has proven everything to everyone.

#2 Rika Kihira -1 Almost perfect with the exception of too big a role that triple axels play in her routines. If she had only put 2 clean back to back performances...but she never did.

#3 Kaori Sakamoto 3A issues for Rika were kind of planned based on her history. A silly mistake on 3F was surely an incident that cost Kaori the silver. Her pcs growth, though, shows that she will be a formidable competitor next season.

#4 Elizabet Tursynbaeva +3 She has a quad now. She needs to land it consistently, though. And still she needs those above her to make mistakes to get higher than that.

#5 Evgeniya Medvedeva Zhenya has adjusted to changes. But to get a higher ranking she needs to fix the remaining issues and introduce something more challenging than 3S-3Lo

#6 Bradie Tennell +2 The US #1 skater confirmed that she has found her unique style. If she is successful in fighting with URs and can bring back 3Lz-3Lo she can put the pressure on those above, first of all Evgenya

#7 Eusoon Lim +2.5 I would give Eusoon the silver medal in the "progress during the season" contest. Of course, after Elizabeth. She will be a serious competitor next season, I hope.

#8 Satoko Miyahara -2 I know that many people like her a lot. I am trying to be objective: I don't see the basis of her further growth: she is doing more or less the same thing over the last several years and it's not enough to get big podiums.

#9 Sofia Samodurova -1 I respect her a lot. Same as with Satoko, I don't see how she can get higher unless she makes some drastic changes.

#10 Mariah Bell -0.5 And again, she is good but the top ladies are better. What can she change?

SNAKSuyun

did it spark joy?
On the Ice
Country
China
My list (not including the 3A):

1. Alina Zagitova
2. Rika Kihira
3. Evgenia Medvedeva
3T. Kaori Sakamoto
5. Elisabet Tursynbaeva
6. Bradie Tennell
6T. Liza Tuktamysheva
8. Satoko Miyahara
9. Mai Mihara
10. Sofia Samodurova

I'd put Alena at ~3, Sasha at ~5, and Anna at ~8, although they may surprise me.

Elucidus

Match Penalty
Of course, there was an unexpected by anyone rise of Lizbet and also the unexpected fall of Rika.
Actually, I was expecting it. I just didn't want to jinx - so keep myself silent :biggrin:
It really wasn't unexpected for perceptive people - all clear signs were there before. Steady rise of Lizbet through 4CC and Universiade with more and more confident 4S attempts and swift rise of her PCS. Rika's 3A inconsistency all season, mediocre for her results in her last comps before WC, increased pressure of home tournament and not strong enough mind to be able to handle such hurdles - which was apparent in her junior season before. Mysterious silence and lack of information from Eteri camp about Alina form for two months - which could mean only one thing - work, work and again work. And if you remember how much was done for Medevedeva in Olympic season during mere two month of work after her long recovery where she wouldn't be able even be on ice.. You just can't underestimate power of Eteri hellish training :biggrin:
Just for fun. This is my closing the season power ranking list. I wonder, how it will compare with the one that will open the next season.
There is still WTT comp left so maybe it's still actual for now :rolleye:

#4 Elizabet Tursynbaeva +3 She has a quad now. She needs to land it consistently, though. And still she needs those above her to make mistakes to get higher than that.
I would argue with that. She definitely will get even more boost in PCS and GOEs for her WC silver medal. She is power now. It's other skaters who needs to rely on her mistakes - not other way around :)

Elucidus

Match Penalty
My list (not including the 3A):

1. Alina Zagitova
2. Rika Kihira
3. Evgenia Medvedeva
3T. Kaori Sakamoto
5. Elisabet Tursynbaeva
6. Bradie Tennell
6T. Liza Tuktamysheva
8. Satoko Miyahara
9. Mai Mihara
10. Sofia Samodurova

I'd put Alena at ~3, Sasha at ~5, and Anna at ~8, although they may surprise me.
:drama:
They will!!! :)

SNAKSuyun

did it spark joy?
On the Ice
Country
China
:drama:
They will!!! :)

Of course the 3A thing is for next year only - I expect Alena's PCS (and her standing) to only rise after she's had a year on the senior circuit, for example, and maybe Anna and Sasha's quads would get even more consistent, which would definitely see them move up :)