Choosing skates | Golden Skate

Choosing skates

icebaby

Spectator
Just looking for some opinions on skates
Im currently working on Camel spins, flips, loops and lutz and progressing fast. By July is should be starting double sals and change of foot sit spins.
The skates i currently have are not made for this and I need new ones, I have been looking at getting the Jackson Freestyles.
I have been reading lots of reviews and they are all different! Some say competitiors while others say freestyles, help please!

Also looking for a pair for my younger sister who is working single sals,scratch spins, sit spins and toe loops.

thanks!

mskater93

Record Breaker
Just looking for some opinions on skates
Im currently working on Camel spins, flips, loops and lutz and progressing fast. By July is should be starting double sals and change of foot sit spins.
The skates i currently have are not made for this and I need new ones, I have been looking at getting the Jackson Freestyles.
I have been reading lots of reviews and they are all different! Some say competitiors while others say freestyles, help please!

Also looking for a pair for my younger sister who is working single sals,scratch spins, sit spins and toe loops.

thanks!
It depends on your size (height/weight) whether you are hard on boots or easy. I'd go to a reputable boot fitter and ask your coach as Jackson may not be the right brand for your feet.

silver.blades

Medalist
Country
Canada
I agree that you should go to the skate shop and talk to the people that work there. They can be very helpful. As for Jacksons, I have Jackson Elite and I've been skating in the same make for about 10 years. They've gotten me through my singles all the way up to working on double minus the axel. They're good for people with wide feet and they're pretty sturdy. For specific make though I'd ask the experts, either your coach or the people who fit skates if you have a good store in your vicinity.

icebaby

Spectator
That's the problem
I only have one shop near me and its over an hour away and It doesn't have a very large stock.
I'm 17, 5'2 and 125 pounds which is going down
I have narrow feet

mskater93

Record Breaker
By narrow feet, are the narrow in the heel and wider in the ball or narrow all over? Do you pound your skates or is there a lot of life left in them? Have you talked to your coach?

icebaby

Spectator
My feet are more narrow at the back and average at the ball.
I have spoken about it will my coach a little bit but im interested in everyone else's opinion too.
My skates that i currently have are in good condition after a year (since i started) they are wifa prima hobbys. Way to low for my ability.
Im just curious to what people think the skill level in the jackson boots is/can be.

mskater93

Record Breaker
My feet are more narrow at the back and average at the ball.
I have spoken about it will my coach a little bit but im interested in everyone else's opinion too.
My skates that i currently have are in good condition after a year (since i started) they are wifa prima hobbys. Way to low for my ability.
Im just curious to what people think the skill level in the jackson boots is/can be.

I know of many skaters in Jacksons who are happy in them, along with Edeas, Grafs, Gams, Harlicks, Klingbiels, SP Teris, and Reidells. It all depends on your foot...

silver.blades

Medalist
Country
Canada
Jacksons can defiantly get you through your doubles depending on which model you get. They seem to be stiffer than other brand though, so if it takes you awhile generally to break in skates you might want to look at a slightly softer brand.

sarahspins

Rinkside
It depends on your size (height/weight) whether you are hard on boots or easy. I'd go to a reputable boot fitter and ask your coach as Jackson may not be the right brand for your feet.

I agree.. different brands work better for different feet. I currently skate in Jacksons (Elite Plus) and I love them but I have very wide feet... the jackson last in general doesn't seem to go as narrow as other brands do, so if you have very narrow feet they may not work for you.

If they do happen to fit you (and make sure you are fitted correctly in the proper width), as far as the difference between the freestyles and competitors... it really just depends on how hard you are on your skates. The difference in stiffness between the two is really marginal, but the competitors have slightly better blades.

icebaby

Spectator
I'm around a c width so not that narrow
I only have access to try on Jacksons,wifas and risport.
My sister wants to get gams
People have told me the competitors are really stiff and I don't want that
I would get the protege blade