Project Runway - Anyone Watching??? | Golden Skate

Project Runway - Anyone Watching???

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
How long has it been since PR has been on .... 2 years?? I missed it and now it's baaaaack!!!

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
It was on last year. I am totally hooked. I have been watching old seasons on the Style network and think I am a
A out caught up. 42

I'm watching, I'm watching! I was so excited to see it again. I love the dress that won the first episode. I hope that guy keeps improving. He's like 57 years old and so outside the expected profile of a "happening" designer that I immediately supported him.

My favorite season so far was one of the Bravo ones, with Christian Siriano, Rami Kashou, and Chris March. There was a singular lack of manufactured drama and sniping among the contestants, and a lot of beautiful sewing, which is what I watch for. But there's always at least one outfit that just knocks my socks off. And I love Tim Gunn!

Dee4707

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I'm watching, I'm watching! I was so excited to see it again. I love the dress that won the first episode. I hope that guy keeps improving. He's like 57 years old and so outside the expected profile of a "happening" designer that I immediately supported him.

I really liked it too and I'm with you about supporting him well at least for that episode. I also liked the lady who didn't know how to sew.

My favorite season so far was one of the Bravo ones, with Christian Siriano, Rami Kashou, and Chris March. There was a singular lack of manufactured drama and sniping among the contestants, and a lot of beautiful sewing, which is what I watch for. But there's always at least one outfit that just knocks my socks off.

I think that was one of my favorite seasons too. I loved Christian S's. designs. There is going to be a show on Bravo with Chris March, I don't know the details right now.

I think for drama I loved when Kinley (sp?) was on the show.

Last edited:
I don't have much patience for the drama, but I liked Kenley's clothing. She often did the most beautiful balloon skirts...her clothing had a sort of fantasy quality to it, partly from her color choices.

heyang

Record Breaker
I really liked it too and I'm with you about supporting him well at least for that episode. I also liked the lady who didn't know how to sew.

I think that was one of my favorite seasons too. I loved Christian S's. designs. There is going to be a show on Bravo with Chris March, I don't know the details right now.

I think for drama I loved when Kinley (sp?) was on the show.

I agree with both of you. I also enjoyed season 3 with Michael Knight, Jeffrey and Laura, etc. The only reason I hated last season was because of Gretchen and Ivy.

I liked the Michael/Laura/Ulli season also. I didn't like Jeffrey--either his clothing or his attitude. But I loved Ulli's flowing, colorful gowns, and Michael's clothing (not his outfits in the final, though), and Laura's meticulous, luxurious dresses. I think that was also the season with Kayne, the genial guy who designed pageant gowns, and Robert Best, who designed Barbie dolls for Mattel. Since I love dolls, I was really happy that he was on there. What an interesting combination of characters it was that season.

One funny outcome of that season that I noticed: everyone laughed at Angela, who was always putting fabric flowers on her clothing and making puff skirts. For the last few years, fabric flowers and puff skirts have been all the rage. So Angela turned out to have her finger on the public pulse after all.

heyang

Record Breaker
Not sure why, but this season isn't 'grabbing' me. I'm watching repeats of the Christian/Chris M/Jillian season and am enjoying watching the repeat more than the new shows.

Yes, Kayne was with Michael/Jeffrey/Laura/Uli - he designed the pageant dresses. I agree that Michael was fabulous until the last challenge and the runway show. I think he got the idea that he had to do a gown, instead of sportwear, and that he had to base his show on that last outfit. Desginer's block..... That was also the season where they booted someone off after he won the 1st couple of challenges because he had design books in the apartment - I was kinda glad he was eliminated because he was winning, but I thought others had better outfits.

Ahh yes, Kenley. She was a big dramatic, but that was one of the better runway shows with Korto and Leanne. Any of the 3 ladies could've won that season IMHO.

So far no one is grabbing me this year, but things often warm up as the season progresses some. I think this year they chose a lot of designers with different skill sets, and many of those are turning out not to be able to hang on and make good fashion. So the general level of design isn't so high, though there are a few individuals who will be terrific all the way along.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
I'm watching it, but haven't really decided that I love one or more of the designers yet. OTOH, there are a couple whose outfits I have really disliked.

Dee4707

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I like Anya, Bert and Oliver. I love Nina....do you have a plan b??? Some of them didn't even have a plan a.

Last edited:

heyang

Record Breaker
Did anyone else think Josh was a douche bag for calling the other designer's work dowdy? It was just his general attitude that bugged me - based upon the edits, he really did want to treat her like a seamstress. I couldn't believe he was co-winner just because he managed to get a cohesive look. IMHO, if there had to be 2 winners, they should've given it to Anya since her outfit was the best of the 3 and I think she's the one that pulled them together, not him.

Burt was a bit of an ***, too. It was a little childish to be so gleeful when the judges didn't like the other 2 outfits in their colleciton. Granted, it did seem as though they disregarded his opinion, etc, but his obstinance didn't help them overcome their conflict either.

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
I agree. I don't see the talent as in season's past. Can't tolerate Josh. He would be horrible to have to work with......42

Dee4707

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I don't like Josh at all. I really like what Anya has done so far. To be fair I don't think the challenges have been to the designers liking. I hope they all step it up.

heyang

Record Breaker
Anya's been my favorite overall, as well - although this was a tough week for her.... I also think she's just a 'good' person. Not bitter or doncescendign, etc.

Dee4707

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I love how Laura and Josh think their designs are the best and make comments about the other designs. Laura looked at the judges like...are you for real???

heyang

Record Breaker
I don't care for Josh very much at all. He's overly arrogant - not sure how old he is, but he's gotta learn to be a team player. Even as a designer, it's no longer 'ok' to be a diva, especially if no one knows who the heck you are......

As much as Burt can be intractable, I think he recognizes his own faults to some extent.

I was surprised by last week's winner. I actually thought that Victor's would be their choice - I loved the black dress he made. Even more surpised when they didn't choose to put one of his pieces on PiperLime, which they did with Anya and Burt.

I'm developing a soft spot for Bert. He's very good. He's a bit cranky, but I think he's quieted down somewhat. He, Anya, and Viktor are the three best designers of the season in my opinion.

Somewhere there's going to be an All-Stars version of Project Runway later this season. That should be fun. Anyone know who's supposed to be in it? I guess Christian Siriano is too busy....he's my favorite winner, I think.

merrywidow

Record Breaker
Christian Siriano is my favorite designer & the only one whose designs I still remember! Glad to see him on the Target ads.

heyang

Record Breaker
http://www.mylifetime.com/shows/project-runway-all-stars

Starts Nov 3rd

Cast of All -stars

The "Project Runway All Stars" designers include:

Austin Scarlett: (New York, NY) Season 1, Fourth Place
Kara Janx: (New York, NY) Season 2, Fourth Place
Elisa Jimenez: (New York, NY) Season 4, Tenth Place
Rami Kashou: (Los Angeles, CA) Season 4, Runner-up
Sweet P/Kathleen Vaughn: (Pasadena, CA) Season 4, Fifth Place
Jerell Scott: (New York, NY) Season 5, Fourth Place