The medical twisties | Golden Skate

The medical twisties

labgoat

Done updating WJC rewatches!
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Greetings to my friends here at GS. I have been forced to take a break from posting recently due to extreme work related mental stress. Excessive work load and training obligations, new equipment to learn and teach, new procedures, technical quizzes, coaching several new staff members, and repetitive trauma patients have lead to an overload issue resulting in a prolonged fight or flight response that has blocked my ability to remember how to do certain job related tasks. As a result I have had to take time to gradually reduce this response (while still working - no days off allowed!) and slowly be able to access my full abilities again without experiencing the medical version of the twisties. I am improving now that I have the first consecutive days off work since US Nationals. I have given up on catching up on watching any missed events as I need the mental rest more. That's why I have been missing in action and will return slowly. Good news is that I will be here for Worlds completely!

Last edited:

purplecat

Final Flight
Country
United-States
Hugs labgoat! Glad you are prioritizing your own health. Hope you continue to improve and thank you for all your posts here - I want you to know you are much appreciated!! 💐

labgoat

Done updating WJC rewatches!
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Hugs labgoat! Glad you are prioritizing your own health. Hope you continue to improve and thank you for all your posts here - I want you to know you are much appreciated!! 💐
Thank you so much for your support! I am slowly but steadily improving. I was relieved to learn it is not permanent and am learning a lot about how to disrupt the flight, fight or freeze response that has been hogging the resources of my memory. To not be able to access certain things I have done since the 1980s has been very scary. Lots of slow desensitization work, cue words (settle is my favorite), breathing exercises and rest have been helping a lot.

jorge2912

On the Ice
Country
Chile
a hug very warm , is good that are giving priority to your health and is good sometimes slow down ,give a time for yourself and later comeback fresh.

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Greetings to my friends here at GS. I have been forced to take a break from posting recently due to extreme work related mental stress. Excessive work load and training obligations, new equipment to learn and teach, new procedures, technical quizzes, coaching several new staff members, and repetitive trauma patients have lead to an overload issue resulting in a prolonged fight or flight response that has blocked my ability to remember how to do certain job related tasks. As a result I have had to take time to gradually reduce this response (while still working - no days off allowed!) and slowly be able to access my full abilities again without experiencing the medical version of the twisties. I am improving now that I have the first consecutive days off work since US Nationals. I have given up on catching up on watching any missed events as I need the mental rest more. That's why I have been missing in action and will return slowly. Good news is that I will be here for Worlds completely!
That sounds so stressful! I'm glad you are beginning to come back!