Rachael Flatt | Golden Skate

Rachael Flatt

ghislaine

Rinkside
Oh, she's adorable. I once saw a video of her at an ISI competition when she was three - can't find it now, but it was darling.

Does anyone know if she's scheduled to compete anywhere before Skate Canada, like at a club competition?

How adorable! And what a layback spin. Not to mention that she's skating to An American in Paris! Thanks for this. You can see her musicality in the way she strokes to the beat. (If I've used the right terminology....)

Seeing a skater this early in her career reminds me why I admire even the skaters that don't end up on my Life List. Everyone who stands before us at Nationals, Worlds, or any other competition is there because of years of competing in half-empty local rinks, with just parents and coaches watching as they compete, with their only "telecasting" being the video cameras operated by their mommies. This is in addition, of course, to all the hours of practice every day, doing homework in the car on the way to or from a lesson, nursing bruises from going splat on the ice while learning the next triple jump. And in Rachael's case, doing well enough in school to earn entry into Stanford. All this at the age when they're still losing their baby teeth!

Last edited: