Do any current female skaters do either a back or forward scratch spin? | Golden Skate

Do any current female skaters do either a back or forward scratch spin?

Slowdive

On the Ice
Do any current female skaters do either a back or forward scratch spin?

I haven't seen a female attempt either spins in what seems like forever.
The trend nowadays is to end a program by doing either an 'I' spin or the much overused Biellmann spin.

mskater93

Record Breaker
What would be the point in doing a forward or backward scratch spin? The point level is very low for a basic scratch spin due to its lack of difficulty. An I spin, a Y spin, and a Bielman are all difficult variations which raise the point value of the spin.

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker
of course they can. most top skaters warm up with a fast back scratch spin to get the feeling for the "snap" position of triple jump rotation.

brightphoton

Medalist
I've seen it before, especially with skaters who aren't flexible. In recent years, I've seen Fumie Suguri, Rachael Flatt, and Haruka Imai do them at the end of their programs.

gmyers

Record Breaker
I liked the scratch spin end of programs in 6.0. Too bad it is so low in value being a two foot spin really.

Bartek

On the Ice
Sasha Cohen did wonderful forward scratch spin in her TAT Swan Lake program and Dick Button praised her for that very much. I love her arm position in the spin. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XsEFGq9uW5U It was many years ago though. I don't remember lady doing forward scratch spin in a competition since then.

Slowdive

On the Ice
Thanks for the responses and for the vids. Yes I was referring to skaters who perform either scratch spin during competition. Too bad that they have such low point values. I just like seeing variety to today's programs.