Mens SP | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Mens SP

LaLola

On the Ice
Loved Kevin, he is so special! British commentators couldn't believe that he is only in 3rd.

Nadine

Record Breaker
Wow, I like Oda's shirt, reminds me of a Picasso painting. :)

Time to check out everybody else now. ;)

Nadine

Record Breaker
Gee, such an intense focus on Oda I only got to see a glimpse of Evgeni's Russian rival, Artur. Wish the camera would've focused on the others as well..

evangeline

Record Breaker
YUZURU! Jumps like a dream.

Someone's certainly making a case for a spot on the Japanese world team.

Nadine

Record Breaker
So this is the young Hanya everybody has been talking about. Yeah he got all the jumps completed, including the quad, but I personally find him nothing special.

I wish the men would take a chance and skate to something different, instead of the same old classical music with frou frou costumes.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Love love love Hanyu's program. Nice speed, beautiful transitions and a quad! Only "mistake" was doing just a 3-2 combo ...but I think he'll get into first with that!

ETA: Oh it was a 3-3, just looked tight! In that case, good job!

ETA 2 = 81.37!!!

Last edited:

Buttercup

Record Breaker
Yuzuru is so awesome and totally deserving of that new PB. I'm not loving this choice of music for him, but he is fierce and has fantastic jumps and very nice spins, really he's good across the board. :clap: Reminder: he's not yet 17!

Nadine, I have to now question your taste in both music and skaters. Thumbs down to Shostakovitch and Hanyu? :unsure:

Nadine

Record Breaker
I think Jeremy thinks his high PCS will make up for not having a quad, strike, no it won't, not in this day and age, as it should be.

Still, I like his new SP, but would love a better costume.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Solid effort by Jeremy Abbott!! I totally like this program MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH better than his SP from last year.

ETA: 79.32. Good score, esp w/o the quad. His PCS was two points above Hanyu's, well-deserved.

seniorita

Record Breaker
Hanyu is 16 Nadine, he is too young to be compared to Daisuke, but he is already pretty good and since you mention Evgeni he looks up to him and Weir as idols so something good will come out of it.

LOVED Abott's sp, perfect!!!

lisou

On the Ice
From what I remember of Nadine (welcome back BTW !), she seems to appreciate the "athletic" type skaters like Joubert more. I <3 Yuzuru and am glad he did well. But Daisuke sure is something different in that he has a more versatile style.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Nice work by Artur. Probably should be behind Hanyu and behind Abbott in PCS.

lisou

On the Ice
You guys make me jealous, I'm in the uni working for an exam tomorrow and I (obviously) can't watch yet !

Nadine

Record Breaker
WOW, I would put Artur into 1st (by a smidgen), he's F-A-B-U-L-O-U-S!!!!

Doesn't even seem like the same skater from last year.

LOVE LOVE LOVE this new SP ~ gorgeous music, steps, choreography, moves, et al.

I take my words back from before, he's worthy successor to Evgeni Plushenko. Mr. Mishin must be proud, and rightfully so! :) :) :) :)

seniorita

Record Breaker
Didnt Arthur looked some kind of slow? But well done, this program is mUCH better than last year!!
:)