Are Scott and Tessa dating? | Golden Skate

Are Scott and Tessa dating?

jovani2293

On the Ice
I've been very busy with college and life in general. So I have been watching all of the Grand Prix performances all this week. I really like all of the performances of Tessa and Scott. I have been watching them since 2006 and from watching their performances, I feel like they are more connected then years before. I don't know if it is the programs or something else but just from their body language on and off the ice they sort of seem more united then years pass.

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker
they have repeatedly denied rumors of their being a couple, and I believe Scott is (or was) publicly dating Jessica Dube. But who knows the truth. Personally I just think they are great actors.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Last I heard, Tessa was dating a hockey player.

Unfortunately, anyone can update wikipedia, and the mistake will stay there until someone challenges it or changes it.

heyang

Record Breaker
They certainly have chemistry, but that doesn't mean they are dating.

Martini and Underhill had fabulous chemistry - I was 'disappointed' that they were married to other people after watching Unchained Melody.

callalily

On the Ice
Tessa's dating an alpine skiier, and Scott is with Jessica. But of course neither is married, and they are still both young.

They have an amazing friendship and partnership that they've built up over many years. That partnership is the foundation of their skating. So hopefully they won't date while they are competing. (Too much risk to the partnership IMO, not that it's my business.)

ETA: They don't really look alike to me, but don't people often say that couples who are together for many years begin to resemble one another more and more? :laugh:

jovani2293

On the Ice
At times I feel like they are like Shen Xue and Hongbo Zhao. They had amazing chemistry on the ice and denied being in a relationship until the end of the skating career because they didn't want it to interfere in competition.

Buttercup

Record Breaker
Scott Moir's Facebook picture is with Jessica Dube. I assume that's his FB, at least; I haven't tried to friend him. Considering Scott and Tessa have been skating together since they were kids and pretty much grew up together, I can't imagine they think of each other as potential romantic partners.

Doris, their Wikipedia entries have been edited (not by me; it was already done when I checked) to remove the unsourced claims. Jessica Dube's Wikipedia entry does state that she's dated Scott, but the claim is sourced (Radio Canada, which is a reputable source AFAIK). Anyone can edit Wikipedia, so if you see an unsourced claim, you can always remove it, or flag it as needing a source. Or let me know, and I'll take care of it ;)

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
I would have, but I didn't feel authoritative enough on the subject to do it :laugh: I have no idea whether and who they are dating.

They certainly have chemistry, but that doesn't mean they are dating.

Martini and Underhill had fabulous chemistry - I was 'disappointed' that they were married to other people after watching Unchained Melody.

My mind went immediately to Martini and Underhill as well. They sure managed to generate steam on the ice, didn't they? I miss them.

callalily

On the Ice
My mind went immediately to Martini and Underhill as well. They sure managed to generate steam on the ice, didn't they? I miss them.

They sure did!

I miss them too. Barb was on the first season of BOTB, and looked fantastic. Paul was a coach on the show, and during one episode they did a short number together, to music sung by Barb's daughter. Barb looked just so emotional to have the chance to skate like that again. Magical!

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I think it's far better NOT to have a romantic relationship with one's partner. Remember Marcoux and Buntin? They were international top-5 Pairs skaters for Canada and had a romantic relationship as well. Then the romance went sour, and so did the partnership. Jessica Dube and her former partner Bryce Davison were once romantically involved; when Jessica broke up with Bryce to date Scott Moir (once Bryce's best friend), that not only ended a friendship but undermined the Dube/Davison partnership.

CassAgain

On the Ice
I never could remember if it was Scott who was dating Jessica or Tessa dating Bryce. Since it's apparently dunski, I guess it doesn't matter any more. Tessa and Scott do a great job of selling their chemistry on the ice, for sure.

sillylionlove

Medalist
I belive that Scott has two facebook pages....one for fans that's a picture with him and Tessa and a personal page that has him and Jessica. I just liiked it up right now on my iphone and Scott's personal page has a pic with him and Jessica. and you can tell the difference because if the page says "like" under the name it's a fan page....if it says send request or if you can't send a request then it's usually a personal page.

all that

Final Flight
I hope they are not dating. They look too similar to each other, like brother and sister.

Tessa has dyed her hair to match Scott's for the past 3 seasons. Maybe at Marina's suggestion? I'm not sure. She wears a different color during the off-season.