Mao Asada's Mother Condolences Thread | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Mao Asada's Mother Condolences Thread

Morning Glory

On the Ice
Best wishes for Mao and her mother. Awful news, really sad. I support Mao's decision. Your mother is only one in the world. Please, please stay strong.

macy

Record Breaker
this is so sad. prayers go out to Mao and her family. I hope her mother will recover quickly. I'm interested to see what the isu will do now with a replacement.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
^

there will be no replacement for Mao, only 5 of the remaining ladies will compete

Jo1

Rinkside
I'm so sorry for Mao. All the best to her and her family. Hope Mom recovers soon.

Oreo

On the Ice
I'm terribly sad for Mao and her family.

And I'm also sad for the alternates. I can see how Adelina can't make it in time, but either Mirai or Ashley could. They should at least be offered the slot.

mary01

Final Flight
I seriously can't believe this, this is too sudden.. but then the rumors about Mao's weight loss at worlds was because of her mothers illness and the media pressure was true.. I can't believe that she has been suffering for so long without anyone knowing... especially since she looked fine at the previous competitions and interview, there really was nothing that indicated that there was something wrong! I just really hope that she recovers quickly and that Mao stays strong! I will really miss her at the GPF:cry::cry::cry::cry:

Becki

Medalist
I seriously can't believe this, this is too sudden.. but then the rumors about Mao's weight loss at worlds was because of her mothers illness and the media pressure was true.. I can't believe that she has been suffering for so long without anyone knowing... especially since she looked fine at the previous competitions and interview, there really was nothing that indicated that there was something wrong! I just really hope that she recovers quickly and that Mao stays strong! I will really miss her at the GPF:cry::cry::cry::cry:

This was probably an extremly hard decision to make, but competitions come and go, your family will stay with you forever. Being the overly emotional person I am, I am on the verge of tears right now :'( I wish her and her family the best. If I were in her shoes, I would've definitely done the same.

OS

Sedated by Modonium
Record Breaker
Very sad news. My thoughts and prayers are with Mao and the family.

jatale

On the Ice
This is very sad news indeed. I hope Mao's mother makes a full recovery. If this health situation has been on-going for some time it could explain Mao's difficulties at 2011 World's earlier this year. Best wishes to Mao and her family.

How awful to hear. I hope her mother recovers.

I'm glad Mao dropped everything and ran home. This is the choice she won't regret in the future, however things turn out.

hikki

Final Flight
Country
Japan
All this time Mao has never ever talked about her mother's illness :-( A lot must have been going on in her mind...
My thoughts and prayers are with her and her family.

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
I posted on Nov. 11:

Inside that sweet demure exterior of Mao Asada is a young woman of iron will. She's still on her trail back to a new improved unstoppable skater but I expect success for her quest and longevity for her career. Her character will show in her performance one day to blow everyone away.

I believe in her character.

Best wishes for Mao and her family.