Handsome Skaters? | Golden Skate

Handsome Skaters?

skateluvr

Record Breaker
Skaters that is, LOL. Over the years I have seen some handsome men. I wonder who the ladies or gents (wink) found attractive or sexy. I loved Scott-his energy-to this day, I'd love to talk with him, no holds barred. Small but sexy. Kurt is still a hunk!

Long list. Kurt definitely! Also Yagudin, Takahashi, and Kulik. Of the ice dancers, Ponomarenko, Piezerat, Moir, White that I can think of offhand. Of pairs, Grinkov, Sikharulidze, Szolkowy, Martini.

Bluebonnet

Record Breaker
Handsome and attractive men in skating? There are so many in this field, many more than in any other sports.:)

in the current field:

Scott Moir
Michal Brezina
Brian Joubert
Javier Fernandez

in the retired field:

Kurt Browning (always, even with no hair:biggrin: )
Alexei Yagudin

Then, of course Sergei Grinkov

DancerLily

Rinkside
Hmm..I wasn't interested in skating at all before I saw Stéphane Lambiel somewhere, so him :eek:: Plus Brian Joubert, Charlie White and Fabian Bourzat.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
I think most of the men in skating are handsome in the traditional sense, but since this seems to imply who is most attractive...

Kurt Browning, David Pelletier, Denis Petukhov :love: (mom called him a hottie to his face, I tried to die), GORSHA SUR :love: , Ryan Bradley, Evan Lysacek... oh, hey, I do have some guys closer to my age on my list.. :laugh:

blue dog

Trixie Schuba's biggest fan!
Record Breaker
Andrew Poje
Frank Carroll
Ron Ludgington
Nikolai Morozov
Matthew Penasse
Rudi Swiegers

TelmoFe

Rinkside
I think the ice dancers and frenchs are the most beutiful...
Andrew Poje
Scott Moir
Fabian Bourzat
Matthew Jost

Brian Joubert
Florian Amodio (with her brazilan genetic)
Alexei Yagudin

Robin Szolkowy

Nicolai Morozov

macy

Record Breaker
jeremy abbott. and i've heard many people say alissa is "super hot"

jcoates

Medalist
Back in the days when they were competing, both Chris Dean and Sergei Ponomarenko were gorgeous.

Sergei Grinkov was just about perfect. He would have had a fine career as a fashion model.

Charlie White and Max Trankov also makes the list.

Petr Barna was always a fave of mine. Very classic features.

Also, when he was a young man, Dick Button was very handsome.

Other handsome skaters:
Robin Szolkowy
Paul Wylie
Paul Martini
Gwendal Peizerat
Scott Moir
Zhao Hongbo
Don Baldwin
Rockne Brubaker
Ingo Steuer
Rudi Cerne

Johar

Medalist
Fedor A.!!!
Brian Joubert
Scott Moir
Scott Davis
Alexei Yagudin
Ryan Bradley
Kurt Browning
John Zimmerman

This is such a nice thread.

I agree that Paul Wylie is a fine-looking guy. Such a great smile, too.

How could I have forgotten Fedor! He may top the list for sheer knockout quality.

Jcoates, the funny thing is that I would not have put Zhao on the list just from seeing his picture (whereas a bunch of these guys would get listed just on the strength of a photo). I thought that both Zhao and Shen were on the plain side when I first saw them. My mistake! I realized that when I watched them light up like the Aurora Borealis just by looking at each other as the music started. I think I first noticed it in Turandot in 2003. It's like they learned the secret of bioluminescence.

Of course, skaters have an advantage over a lot of ordinary guys because a large part of heartthrob status comes from having a good physique. Most skaters are trim and have just the right amount of muscle, plus that great posture that comes from training. Then we fans get lucky and find skaters who have real nice faces as well.

Toni, I can understand your mother's lack of restraint about Denis Petukhov. I think if I ever met Ilia Kulik I would be very badly behaved. And you and I would outdo each other in the presence of Kurt Browning.

Pepe Nero

On the Ice
Terrific thread! ITA, blue idealist --- Shawn Sawyer, hottest man in figure skating. Of all time.

Runner up to Mark Mitchell. I don't know how [what's his name with the bronze medal U.S. nationals from last year] keeps his cool around him. Rowrr!

Last edited:

Pepe Nero

On the Ice
I'd like to add Paul Poirier. Yum!

And since it's probably inevitable that this thread will be followed-up with "Who's the hottest female figure skater?," I'd just like to say (what will inevitably be mostly ignored) that I think a person's opinion on that future thread only count if he or she is at least willing to answer the question that started this thread.

skatinginbc

Medalist
There are two handsome men I can think of at this moment: One was the Nebelhorn Trophy pair skating champion, and the other a former Olympian. Yes, I am talking about Lee Barkell and Michael Huth. :biggrin:

koheikun90

On the Ice
Alex Shibutani , IMO is the most handsome skater today! He's hascan handsome face and has a beautiful body for skating.

Others... Kento Nakamura, Nikita Katsalapov, Luca Lanotte, Andrew Poje, Charlie White.