Daisuke Takahashi | Page 129 | Golden Skate

Daisuke Takahashi

Esopian

Final Flight
Thank you for posting the translating and thank you to your friend for doing all that work! Nothing I'm reading is really that surprising to me, sadly. He's always been very hard on himself and seems to suffer from one hell of an inferiority-complex. Such a shame, he's so amazing and has done so much for the sport, I wish he could see it.

I agree with you completely! I just discovered the translations and read them; it was truly touching and depressing at the same time. I wish him the best in whatever he may do in the U.S. :cry:

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
I don't think he picked that himself...at least I hope not. It's tacky, but if anyone can make it work, it's him.

aqua70

Rinkside
He did a great job here this weekend. You could tell that he was nervous & uncomfortable in the beginning; the first programs lacked his normal allure. But by Sunday, he'd definitely found his groove! And if he wanted to, he could definitely have a future as someone's back-up dancer; he looked that good!

As for the costume for "Turn off the lights," I'm gonna be in the minority in saying that I liked it. Changing the shirt from plaid to denim would have helped with the coolness of it, though. Nelly seemed very impressed with him ;) She even posted a pic with him on her Twitter page.

cdngirl

On the Ice
He did a great job here this weekend. You could tell that he was nervous & uncomfortable in the beginning; the first programs lacked his normal allure. But by Sunday, he'd definitely found his groove! And if he wanted to, he could definitely have a future as someone's back-up dancer; he looked that good!

As for the costume for "Turn off the lights," I'm gonna be in the minority in saying that I liked it. Changing the shirt from plaid to denim would have helped with the coolness of it, though. Nelly seemed very impressed with him ;) She even posted a pic with him on her Twitter page.

I will join you in the minority and say that I liked the costume, too. I will go even further and say that I enjoyed the choreography because it's different from what we usually see and it suits Nelly Furtado's style of music. Dai stands out, as he always does in group numbers, and proves once again that he can skate to any type of music and make it his own.

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
is it just me or this production looks like a... night club?

Define night club for me.

what with that coreography :laugh:, Thanks God Mao was not invited :eek::

No way could Mao and Dai be paired together for "Maneater". Both would be laughing hysterically at each other.

IMO this group number may seem racy only because it is a group number. Usually group numbers are pretty boring
to me. We see steamy and racy exhibition programs from single skaters, pairs and especially ice dancers, all the time.

aqua70

Rinkside
I will join you in the minority and say that I liked the costume, too. I will go even further and say that I enjoyed the choreography because it's different from what we usually see and it suits Nelly Furtado's style of music. Dai stands out, as he always does in group numbers, and proves once again that he can skate to any type of music and make it his own.

ITA with you. The choreography looks racier than it actually is. During 1 viewing, I thought they were doing the chereo for Janet Jackson's "If." :) But it looks like they could have used more time to get it down & gotten rid of some of the extra dancers & added more skaters. As it is, it looked pretty good... and adult, which is refreshing.

Last edited:

cdngirl

On the Ice
ITA with you. The choreography looks racier than it actually is. During 1 viewing, I thought they were doing the chereo for Janet Jackson's "If." :) But it looks like they could have used more time to get it down & gotten rid of some of the extra dancers & added more skaters. As it is, it looked pretty good... and adult, which is refreshing.

I don't think the choreography is racy at all compared to many of the music videos that are out there today. Or even Broadway shows like Chicago. I agree that the first video we all saw were early days but now that they've performed in several shows they all seem more comfortable with the music and choreography.

Sean Cheesman sent out a tweet about Daisuke. Information is courtesy of DTRTS. https://twitter.com/cheesmansean/status/564888733015883776

For those of you that aren't familiar with Sean Cheesman he is a former dancer turned choreographer. In addition to a long list of his body of work he choreographs for So You Think You Can Dance USA and has done brilliant work on the show. I am extremely pleased that he tweeted about Daisuke and we can only hope for a collaboration one day.

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
Sean used to skate himself, too.

If Dai is going to come to the US for a year I absolutely hope he will somehow find a way to collaborate with Sean...or make an appearance on SYTYCD...I know, in my dreams. But hey, Emanuel Sandhu was on SYTYCD, so was Gev Manoukian (skating in Art on Ice right now)...it could happen!

I don't think I'd call "Maneater" all that racy, but I don't like it much either...the guys barely do any skating!