CBC broadcasting GPF today | Golden Skate

CBC broadcasting GPF today

Antilles

Medalist
For anyone who may have forgotten, CBC is broadcasting the GPF today and tomorrow. It starts at 2pm EST today.

Thanks for the reminder Antilles. I really enjoyed the commentary by Paul Martini and Traci Wilson. They gave so much more information about the point values of certain elements, and how the CoP works to the benefit or disadvantage of certain skaters. For instance, the difference between a quad toe/ triple toe combination and the triple flip/ triple toe that Kevin Van der Perren opened with, is only 2.5 points. They offered the opinion that this might cause skaters to be more conservative. But at the same time, they thought that the system worked against Michael Weiss, who just can't seem to put enough elements together to get his total up to where it needs to be.

Mathman

Oh. Thanks. Anyway, I like them better than Dick and Peggy, as far as actually telling us useful information. I also liked Sandra Bezic as a commentator. She was the only one who told us about choreography and music selections as part of her commentary.

I am lucky living in Detroit I can get CBC from Windsor (our neighbor to the South, as we say here). Trivia question: If you go straight South from Detroit, what are the first two foreign countries that you come to?

Answer: Canada and Cuba.

Mathman

bleuchick

On the Ice
Mathman said:
Oh. Thanks. Anyway, I like them better than Dick and Peggy, as far as actually telling us useful information. I also liked Sandra Bezic as a commentator. She was the only one who told us about choreography and music selections as part of her commentary.

I am lucky living in Detroit I can get CBC from Windsor (our neighbor to the South, as we say here). Trivia question: If you go straight South from Detroit, what are the first two foreign countries that you come to?

Mathman

:laugh: :laugh: love that one!

back to skating.....

Lucy25

Final Flight
Mathman said:

Mathman
I agree with being lucky! I refuse to get a satelite dish because I would lose CBC. Paul and Barb gave a lot of great information today about COP.