Arches hurt. | Golden Skate

Arches hurt.

KristenK

Rinkside
So, today i did public skating at my local today. And within 15 minutes my arches on my feet started to hurt bad. I know i had post on here about looking into getting new skates since my old ones are most likely really broken down. So, now it looks like im more likely going have to get new skates that have a wider toebox (jackson). Now i’ll i need is to start saving up for them.

Ic3Rabbit

Former Elite, now Pro. ⛸️
Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
So, today i did public skating at my local today. And within 15 minutes my arches on my feet started to hurt bad. I know i had post on here about looking into getting new skates since my old ones are most likely really broken down. So, now it looks like im more likely going have to get new skates that have a wider toebox (jackson). Now i’ll i need is to start saving up for them.
and depending on your foot shape and arch height (v high/high/reg/low/flat. You might even fit a different brand. For instance if you have higher arches and a certain foot shape Risport might be the best for you bc they'd support the arches and wouldn't make them hurt as much.

silverlily1

On the Ice
and depending on your foot shape and arch height (v high/high/reg/low/flat. You might even fit a different brand. For instance if you have higher arches and a certain foot shape Risport might be the best for you bc they'd support the arches and wouldn't make them hurt as much.
You suggested Jackson, and stiff ones. She got Reidell Horizons.

KristenK

Rinkside
I ended up returning the horizons since the side of my big toe was hurting when i was just walking in them. The skates never made it out of my house.

silverlily1

On the Ice
I ended up returning the horizons since the side of my big toe was hurting when i was just walking in them. The skates never made it out of my house.
Okay, so the pain could be related to the very dead skates you're wearing. Combining that with them not being the ideal shape for your foot...

A lot of pain and injury can come from skates not supporting you correctly.

Last edited: