Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Ando could be back on the ice next season

Tripping on the Podium
    Quote Originally Posted by snowflake View Post
    As long as they improve their skating, technical or artistic, I'm not at all bored. On the contrary. I love to see older skaters succeed

The younger kids still have their chances to prove they are worth medals. And I guess they find it challenging to compete against the older ones (maybe their idols).

Good luck to Miki if she decides to return
    I agree with you completely. Look at Plushenko and his gold at 2012 Euros.

Always supporting skaters :) 100yen's Avatar
    I would be really happy to see Miki continue to pursue her career as an athlete! I used to not get much from her programs at all but this season, to me, she has been on a kind of artistic upswing. She's loosening up and just "going with it"...it would be a shame for her to stop now. I think all of the practice she's got from doing shows lately has done a great deal.

Custom Title
    I'd like to see her continue as well.

Well, she missed the Oly podium and hence has something to prove. Miki without Morozov? What would that look like? She certainly skated great when in love and for the technical goods she is great to watch, but she does not move me, so I don't care much. I am certainly a bigger fan of Mao, Akiko and Haruka than Mike for style reasons. But she has come a long way. Morozov, who is rather unlikeable did seem to be what she needed.

Tripping on the Podium
    Well I'm a fan of hers so I'm biased but from her shows it looks like her artistry has improved and doesn't appear to have lost any of her other skills.

Well, I guess Miki will be in the Grand Prix - http://ajw.asahi.com/article/sports/...AJ201205180034

Not sure how I feel about this. I enjoy her skating, but I tend to think that maybe she should have quit while she was on top.

Custom Title
    I like Ando. Hope she'd come back.

Custom Title
    I hope Miki comes back too, I miss her. Were there any news about who her coach will be if she returns?

Custom Title
    I have never enjoyed her skating much but I am looking forward to her return. I admire her strong jumps and her maturity.

Custom Title
    We all know Miki can jump.
    We all knnow Miki can collect huge points and win competitions, with backloaded jump layouts, not-so-pretty-position featured spins, and takes-forever-like step sequence.
    That's why she is two-time World Champion.

However, it has been so difficult for us, or at least for me, to conclude whether Miki with typical Morozov-ish competitive programs, is artistic or not, just yet.
    Did not he confess he could do choreo for Miki's competitive programs just one day? How many of skaters with competitive programs done by Morozov do we think can be 'artistic', anyway?

I enjoyed Miki's skating and her programs during 2005-06 season (except her new LP at Torino of course...), though she kind of appeared off, both mentally and physically, all season...Her SP to 'Merry Christmas, Mr. Laurence' by David Wilson still remains my #1 fovarite program of Miki.

If de-Morozoved Miki is coming back, I am all for it!
    I look forward to seeing how matured Miki of today can go further artistically with the right competitive programs for her.
    If she can stay calm and steady mentally, I have a hunch she can be a 2014 version of Shizuka, stealing OGM and surprise everyone.

'Merry Christmas, Mr. Laurence' is also my favorite program from Ando. I love the start to that SP.

I'm not against her coming back. I enjoy Miki's skating, I just haven't been able to get into her programs for years now. Also wish she would skate with more speed....and she's proven in the past that she can. I don't know what happened.

Custom Title
    I watched Miki live one and despite her program or her spin positionsz, she has one of the best presense on ice I have ever seen. She skated big like she own the ice and her jump is impressive. No wonder why she has a good result when she skate clean.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2