Mirai Nagasu | Page 31 | Golden Skate

Mirai Nagasu

Spinning

On the Ice
:yahoo::hap57::hap10:

Well done my warrior princess!

I like what Tara said: "She has never expected anyone to give her anything."

Heard the same about Satoko. These girls are inspirational!

dailytg20

On the Ice
When she was crying I had flashbacks to her tearful exhibition performance after the 2014 Nationals. I remember when she was originally starting to train the 3A a lot of skeptics were wary, but it really became a symbol of how tenacious and gritty she was about returning to the Olympics after all this time. What an incredible, inspiring feat!

Shayuki

Record Breaker
Very happy for Mirai. I knew she could do it! Shame she didn't win but that's not really so important, I believe.

YesWay

四年もかけて&#
Record Breaker
Well done Mirai!

Such a fighter, never gives up, no matter what setbacks, no matter what slaps in the face she's had from USFSA etc.

Now I really, badly want to see a clean 3A at the Olympics!

3flip3loop

Rinkside
On Instagram, it was announced USFSA has announced Mirai, Bradie and Karen as their nominees for the Olympics!!

geige

On the Ice
MIRAIIIII AHHHHHHHH I CAN’T BELIEVE I HAVEN’T DEHYDRATED MYSELF FROM MY TEARS ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️
I am eating my words about needing to worry for her SO HARD and I couldn’t be happier for her.
This is the first time I will ever allow myself to watch her Nationals EX from 2014 because it makes this achievement all the more impressive 😍😍😍

Seren

Wakabond Forever
Record Breaker
I am happy for Mirai too- and honestly, even though I think she should have won, I think coming into the Olympics as the silver medalist is a less stressful place for her to be. She just has to trust her training at the OG. I am so so happy for her!

#freeMirai!

Miss Ice

Let the sky fall~
Medalist
I am happy for Mirai too- and honestly, even though I think she should have won, I think coming into the Olympics as the silver medalist is a less stressful place for her to be. She just has to trust her training at the OG. I am so so happy for her!

#freeMirai!

I agree, and also, if she goes completely clean she will definitely prove to the USFSA who they were messing with ;)

Danibellerika

Medalist
I'm really proud of Mirai for making the team :yahoo:!! I hope she gets to participate in the free skate for the team event so I get the chance to watch her live. :hap10: :hap10: :hap10: :hap10:

Imagine

Medalist
Do you think she should she go for broke? I think she can pull off two 3A's in the FS. What's there to loose? Winner takes it all!

OS

Sedated by Modonium
Record Breaker
I am ridiculously happy and proud for Mirai, feel like a good cry! All these years of ups n downs ups and down downs, she finally made it!!

Only got to compete at 1 in the past 8 years WC with so many almosts... and then somehow managed to attempt 2 x 3A in both SP and FS at her age! Amazing!! Perseverance and self-determination what a story... Mao lives in her!!

This was my first fanvid on youtube.. 8 years ago!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ENQb4iTUelA

Haa... Hope she gets plenty of FREE stuff, get to have fun in Korea and live the dream!!
Who knows maybe hang out with Yuna a bit and reminiscent about Vancouver :rofl:

dailytg20

On the Ice
This was my first fanvid on youtube.. 8 years ago!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ENQb4iTUelA]

OMG I've contributed to your view count many times since then! Thank you for making this. I love her coveting Evan Lysacek's Cartier watch and her unintentional Tara shade.

2010 was around the time when my mother fell out of watching figure skating, so when I told her today that Mirai was not only going to the Olympics again 8 years later but that she was bringing a 3A with her, my mom's dentures flew out of her face (which was surprising because she doesn't even own any).

I suspect most of the media coverage will focus on Mirai's extraordinary comeback storyline. By climbing back to this point stronger than ever after the disappointment of 2014, she's been on quite a journey.

Sugarpova

#EmpressAirlines #SinKatsapologist
Record Breaker
Congrats dear Mirai!!!
Now that Liza disappoints me with her failed 3As Mirai & Japanese gals stepped in & please me with it!:love::love:

Gullygirl84

On the Ice
Comparing Mirai’s technical content from this nationals to four years ago (long program)-in addition to attempting the 3A, she got back her triple salchow, upgraded to her double axel triple toe double toe in the second half, is more consistent with her triple flip triple toe combo (she was doing triple toe triple toe in the short in 2014 and only did a triple flip double toe in the long), is doing a triple lutz combination in the second half (even though she got an under/unclear edge on the lutz here-but she upgraded her content with this from earlier this season, so it’s still new), and is repeating the flip. So proud of her and the work that Tom have done over the last four years :luv17:

Spinning

On the Ice
I read it on twitter about Mirai's fundraising to get her parents to the games. Any info? I want to help.

Imagine

Medalist
It’s a gofundme type thing to help send one person with her (parents or boyfriend). They’re saying it will cost $11,000 to send one person wtf! Why is she not getting any help from the US Olympic Committee?