Mirai Nagasu | Page 32 | Golden Skate

Mirai Nagasu

Spinning

On the Ice
It’s a gofundme type thing to help send one person with her (parents or boyfriend). They’re saying it will cost $11,000 to send one person wtf! Why is she not getting any help from the US Olympic Committee?

They only cover the athletes' expenses. If I remember correctly, one of her parent got to go at the last minutes at 2010 because their customers' fundraising.

I found it.
https://www.youcaring.com/mirainagasu-1066185

It organized by Pasadena Figure Skating Club. So I think it is legit.

ReasonOFF

On the Ice
well considering i'm upset about the second place but still mirai made it! i know she kept her two best skates for the olympics ;)

Spirals for Miles

Anna Shcherbakova is my World Champion
Record Breaker
wow one dude donated TWO THOUSAND DOLLARS :eeking:
I love seeing how many passionate fans she has...

icesk8er

Rinkside
New Mirai fan here. I didn't pay much attention to her before the 2018 Nationals. Now I'm super obsessed. I can't tell you how many times I rewatched that FS (and cried). Congratulations to Mirai! She deserves this.

I was in the arena that night. The energy of the crowd was crazy. It's the most memorable moment of that night. Seeing this program in person alone was worth the ticket price.

I think it's the last triple loop that got me. The audience wouldn't stop clapping after that jump until the end of the program. Putting a jump at the very end seems like a good idea. Also, I love it when skaters get a standing ovation before the program ends :)

Any recommendations for Mirai's other programs?

apgold

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
So I guess we finally see what Mirai's BF looks like, haha. Handsome dude, hope he deserves her! :)

Mirai's boyfriend, Darian, is all over her Instagram and InstaStories, too! Looks like he's going, they just crossed 11K! I imagine if they exceed their goal, her parents will be going, too.

anyanka

Record Breaker
wow one dude donated TWO THOUSAND DOLLARS :eeking:
I love seeing how many passionate fans she has...

WOAH

Glad she has so much support!

But ... why doesn't she have enough funding from USFSA??? I know she lacks endorsements though. It's about time that Cover Girl sign her up for some ads like they did for Ashley and Gracie in 2014.

You know what'd be great for her? If Rihanna's Fenty Beauty brand picks Mirai as a brand rep, and puts her face on posters everywhere. RiRi putting her name on a product will instantly sell, Fenty Beauty is doing great. I would LOVE for Mirai to become a household name, she's someone I always root for!

Spirals for Miles

Anna Shcherbakova is my World Champion
Record Breaker
And they've raised it!
Maybe now they can try to get enough to send another parent / one parent (if this goes towards her boyfriend)

Danibellerika

Medalist
What do you guys think are Mirai's chances of skating in the team event? I would like to see her skate the free at least.

Miss Ice

Let the sky fall~
Medalist
What do you guys think are Mirai's chances of skating in the team event? I would like to see her skate the free at least.

I think Bradie will get the team FS for sure. I'm actually not sure if skating the FS would help or hurt Mirai's individual event. I almost feel like it might get the nerves off for her, but it also might be too tiring/risky with the 3A in there. In any case, it's a lot more likely that Bradie will do the FS and Karen/Mirai will do the SP, or Bradie will do both, hah.

anyanka

Record Breaker

In a recent episode of The Skating Lesson, Dave Lease said that she will get the FS and Bradie gets the SP, unless I had them mixed up. That's not set in stone though, and who knows if they decide to substitute an ice dance team instead, leaving only one lady to skate both team programs.