Mao Asada | Page 102 | Golden Skate

Mao Asada

Barb

Record Breaker
If she is getting only 15 min with Sato she should consider to train in US or Canada and it would be a more relaxed environment, english practice, etc.

hurrah

Medalist
http://dd.hokkaido-np.co.jp/sports/sports/sports/1-0183901.html

According to reports, Mao is currently practicing both 3flip-3loop and 3flip-3toeloop! (As well as 3-axel, of course.)

A week never felt so long.

E.T.A.
Translation:

Yoshiko Kobayashi training director of Japan Skating Federation revealed on the 26th that former World Champion, Asada Mao (Chukyo University), who will make a come back after two seasons' break at Japan Open (Saitama Super Arena) on October 3rd is practicing triple axels as well as two types of triple-triple combinations, flip-loop and flip-toe loop.

Kobayashi training director, who visited a practice at Chukyo University on the 21st, stated that 'it was as if she had never taken a year off'. Asada herself apparently spoke of 'the desire to become a bit more leaner', and (Kobayashi) indicated the view that whether or not the highly difficult jumps would be incorporated into the performance elements in her comeback battle 'would be decided by Sato Nobuo coach based upon seeing Asada's condition.'

Last edited:

Franklin99

Medalist
http://dd.hokkaido-np.co.jp/sports/sports/sports/1-0183901.html

According to reports, Mao is currently practicing both 3flip-3loop and 3flip-3toeloop! (As well as 3-axel, of course.)

A week never felt so long.

E.T.A.
Translation:

Yoshiko Kobayashi training director of Japan Skating Federation revealed on the 26th that former World Champion, Asada Mao (Chukyo University), who will make a come back after two seasons' break at Japan Open (Saitama Super Arena) on October 3rd is practicing triple axels as well as two types of triple-triple combinations, flip-loop and flip-toe loop.

Kobayashi training director, who visited a practice at Chukyo University on the 21st, stated that 'it was as if she had never taken a year off'. Asada herself apparently spoke of 'the desire to become a bit more leaner', and (Kobayashi) indicated the view that whether or not the highly difficult jumps would be incorporated into the performance elements in her comeback battle 'would be decided by Sato Nobuo coach based upon seeing Asada's condition.'

Thank for the update/translation, hurrah. I'm loving this news of Mao trying different 3-3's again. She never settles and is always improving herself. That is one interesting and gutsy lady.

Krunchii

Record Breaker
Happy Belated Birthday to Mao-chan, sorry I missed it, had a busy day, hope she got a lot of wonderful gifts

and I'm happy to hear that Mao is practicing 2 3-3s, sounds like she is optimistic, Japan Open is so close yet so far, I just want to see her again!

gotoschool

Medalist
Does this mean a possible 3F+3T in the short??? :biggrin: :cheer2:

Just a guess. I think maybe Mao is considering the possibly of doing 3A, 3F / 3L, 3F / 3T like she did in the 2007 / 2008 season when she had a base tech score of 70 in her LP. They sure were beautiful to watch. I think the 3F/ 3L would be more likely with the 3S or 3T in the short. Her 3S is really big. If she decides to go that far. Again, I am just guessing. I don't believe Mao has ever tried 3A and the 3F /3L together in the short.

Last edited:

hurrah

Medalist
Maybe Coach Sato will allow Mao to try 3flip-3loop in the short this season, and if it looks like she won't get ratified for it, despite it being good, then they are preparing for her to do 3flip-3toe loop instead. So it looks like there will no longer be any 3-2 combos in the short for Mao. :yay:

Barb

Record Breaker
Maybe Coach Sato will allow Mao to try 3flip-3loop in the short this season, and if it looks like she won't get ratified for it, despite it being good, then they are preparing for her to do 3flip-3toe loop instead. So it looks like there will no longer be any 3-2 combos in the short for Mao. :yay:

Great news :yes:

Franklin99

Medalist
But Mao can never do a 3-3 tho. unless she indulges in pre-rotations and atrocious edge changes.

What are you talking about. Mao has done many ratified 3-3 in the past. And she will continue to do more 3-3 in the future. You may not recognize her talent and hard work, while you are accusing her of cheating. But believe me, she will succeed everything she puts her mind to, whether you like it or not.

P.s., I just realize you just signed up just to come on Mao fan fest and post your utter nonsense. If you don't like her, GO AWAY. We won't miss you.

Last edited:

begin

Medalist
Whoaaaaa I am late to this party. 3F+3T?! Wouldn't a 3Lo be safer? Why bother with the toeloop so suddenly?

MaxSwagg

Match Penalty
What edge changes? Lol She only had an edge problem on 1 jump (Lutz). Mao is a very hard worker and if she can rebuild her jumps from nothing I'm sure she can get a +3T combination, and I think the flip is a good jump for her as well. It also clear that if she and more importantly Sato didn't think it was possible/progressing okay they wouldn't bother.

Last edited: