Mao Asada | Page 104 | Golden Skate

Mao Asada

Sugarpova

#EmpressAirlines #SinKatsapologist
Record Breaker
yep basically Ade said she's happy about her(Mao's) return b/c she's interested in competing with strong athlets & Liza says she cant wait til JO & good luck with training and.....with 3A:biggrin:

thx for posting the vid~!!!:cool:

Last edited:

Sugarpova

#EmpressAirlines #SinKatsapologist
Record Breaker
huge thanks for posting!
+ I wonder what she says abt Liza
Hopefully someone will translate:eek::

Last edited:

hurrah

Medalist
In the clip, Shizu says that Mao's return will cause other skaters to up their game, and that watching her daily practices, her 3-axel success rate is now improving dramatically, and she can see that Mao is doing the jump in her own natural style, without having to force the technique. (Incidentally, in another clip which shows Shizu being interviewed in the same outfit, she mentions that Mao jumps the triple-axel around 10 times per practice.)

Then Mao explains how important the triple-axel is for her.

Then the clip goes on to talk about Eliza and the fact that she started doing the 3-axel during Mao's absence, and that she is Mao's biggest rival. To this, Mao says that while she is happy to see that the jump is being done by someone else besides her, she's also a bit conflicted that the jump is no longer her's alone, and she feels competitive fire more.

Then Shizu says that young skaters are perpetually a threatening presence because young skaters are energetic and they still have potential for growth.

But then Shizu says that older skaters are more likely to catch the heart and soul of the audience because the audience knows the skater's personal history and watches their performance with this knowledge. She expects that Mao's life experience will be brought out in her performance and will add emotional depth.

ericpkh98

Rinkside
I think that Mao will pretty much stick to what she has been doing at 2013/2014... Already, what she has been doing is pretty much demanding physically considering her age(maybe more than demanding due to her constant back pain)... I would be more than surprised if she shows technical performance comparable to season 2013/14. The last time she got her 3-3 ratified was years ago I believe... I think that Mao will keep her technical element same in SP (3A or 2A, 3F-2Lo, 3Lo) and have some changes in FS though not more difficult than what she has been doing.
What I am really hoping from Mao is her artistry and her SS. Though I have been a rather critique of Mao(maybe more than a critique sometimes ;) ) when Yuna was present, I am really hoping presence of a skater that can really bring the lightness and essence of figure skating since I am more than tired (almost sick) of watching mechanical Russians and inconsistant, sometimes stiff Americans, both lacking SS. Since the trio(Mao, Yuna, Carolina) has SS of unreachable level which seperated them from others, I am hoping to have a skater who can really show "figure skating" not "jump exhibition" or "difficulty challenge"
Also it looks like Mao's artistry is getting ripe as she is aging. In the past, she faced successes like Nocturne or Fantasie Impromptu and failures like Tango and Scheherazade, relatively lacking maturity especially compared to Carolina and Yuna. But what I saw few minutes ago, the glimpse of Madame Butterfly, was improved Mao. She really improved her facial expression and movements... I really hope that Mao does justice of Madame Butterfly since she's portraying Madame ChoCho skating to beauty of Puccini...

yhmafan

Medalist
I am hoping to have a skater who can really show "figure skating" not "jump exhibition" or "difficulty challenge"

Almost agree. I believe she can do that, though "difficulty challenge" is also a part of Mao's skating and that was the one of her qualities that actually separated her from others. and that’s what makes this sport “a sport” rather than “ice shows”. imo
Not to mention her incomparable other elements though, as she was the only lady who can do a 3A for a long time, seems like she feels proud of it and is still particular about her 3A.
Plus I would always rather appraise the athletes who have “never give up” spirit. :agree:

hurrah

Medalist
Yes, Mao has always been seen as an athlete who chooses to take risks trying the most difficult elements rather than play safe as well as a graceful skater. This time, when she comes back, besides being seen as a ballerina imbued with a samurai spirit, she will also perhaps come to be regarded as a soulful artist.

Here is another commercial, this time from JAL:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vRgHRSi4B0M

I think this commercial has also been done very beautifully and tastefully.

MaxSwagg

Match Penalty
What's great about Mao is that she has all the difficulty yet the jumps still look light as a feather, delicate, and effortless! It just looks so easy.

Franklin99

Medalist
What's great about Mao is that she has all the difficulty yet the jumps still look light as a feather, delicate, and effortless! It just looks so easy.

I Agree! She definitely jumps like a ballerina. High, delayed rotations, light, graceful and yet it still powerful.

FS_rrb

On the Ice
I'm not sure if this has already been posted here, but COHK from the Mao Asada fan forum posted this short video about Mao and Japan Open:

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3875le_20150930-ma-迫る復帰戦-その決意_sport

They repeat the first position several times :love:. I find it absolutely gorgeous, such elegance and beauty and, yet, a magical combination of joy and sadness in her eyes. I think she personifies the essence of the character so well with her movements...it's like seeing Cio-Cio san and not Mao :cry:

Any clue of what version of Un bel dì is she using? I hope it's a good one, that's always my fear with vocal parts...

BTW, Cio-Cio san (pronounced Cho-Cho san in English) is the Opera character but, how do they pronounce the name in Japanese? I understand Cio-Cio but, what do they say next? :think:

Last edited:

MaxSwagg

Match Penalty
I'm not sure if this has already been posted here, but COHK from the Mao Asada fan forum posted this short video about Mao and Japan Open:

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3875le_20150930-ma-迫る復帰戦-その決意_sport

They repeat the first position several times :love:. I find it absolutely gorgeous, such elegance and beauty and, yet, a magical combination of joy and sadness in her eyes. I think she personifies the essence of the character so well with her movements...it's like seeing Cio-Cio san and not Mao :cry:

Any clue of what version of Un bel dì is she using? I hope it's a good one, that's always my fear with vocal parts...

BTW, Cio-Cio san (pronounced Cho-Cho san in English) is the Opera character but, how do they pronounce the name in Japanese? I understand Cio-Cio but, what do they say next? :think:

It's pronounced the same. 蝶蝶 (pronouched "cho cho") is butterfly in Japanese (also 蝶/chō by itself is butterfly as well) , but since it's an Italian opera "cho" in Italian would be spelled "cio." So it's more so how Italians are spelling the Japanese name "Chō" in Italian. "-san" is just a honorific like "-chan" or "-kun."

Last edited:

minze

Medalist
Thank you Mao fans for not letting her page die, even before we knew she was coming back. :cheer: