Evgeni Plushenko | Page 167 | Golden Skate

Evgeni Plushenko

moriel

Record Breaker

plushyfan

Record Breaker
Country
Hungary
He's not like old old by himself, but when its a pic with a young skater... Its actually quite an age for FS =S
I worry about him big time now... Also scared he will come back and have a **** seasons, that would be terrible for him... He is the king now, it would be lame if he lost ugly to the young guys =(

you are right. I also would like to see him on shows. But this is his decision. I'm his fan so I will support him in his decision to the end. And beyond. ;) And if he could be on podium on any competition as a bronz medalist I will be happy, and he will remain the King. I just hope his results won't be catastrophic.

moriel

Record Breaker
you are right. I also would like to see him on shows. But this is his decision. I'm his fan so I will support him in his decision to the end. And beyond. ;) And if he could be on podium on any competition as a bronz medalist I will be happy, and he will remain the King. I just hope his results won't be catastrophic.
I kinda worry about the mental pressure...
I know the fans will love him even if he pops all his quads and come last <3
but could be quite damaging as he is pretty competitive... While we will be happy with him getting a bronze, i suspect he will not be...

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
Well, maybe getting a bad result would be a wakeup call to him that it's time to pass the baton and bow out. I'm still 50/50 on this - of course it will be a thrill to see him skate again, and if that's the only thing that will make him happy then I understand. But there's going to be so much criticism thrown his way (not that I think he cares, but it's hell being his fan sometimes), and I don't want him to sacrifice all the other things he could accomplish in life just for the sake of more amateur competition. It really is a pity that there is no more pro circuit. I wish Russia would come up with something like the Japan Open or WTT (because I know it won't ever happen here in North America).

edit -
http://www.sovsport.ru/news/text-item/798450

Alexei Mishin: Plushenko practically healthy

Olympic champion Evgeni Plushenko did not need special counseling physicians.
- We agreed to meet on April 21 because I just returned from Tokyo, where competitions are held the World Team Championship - TASS reported skater coach Alexei Mishin. - The challenge now is to assess the actual state of Eugene, before the work plan. But a special medical examination is not required, Plushenko almost healthy.
Recall, 31-year-old skater had surgery on the spine after the 2014 Olympics in Sochi. Because of back pain athlete withdrew from the Men's Singles tournament. April 17 Plushenko made a statement on the resumption of a career.

Last edited:

plushyfan

Record Breaker
Country
Hungary
One thing because I'm happy. I have chance to see him live in competition. I saw him on show, but I have never see him on competition. I bought the tickets to Budapest ECH 2014, but he missed it. The ECH 2016 will be held in Bratislava, isn't too far from me.. So I'm hoping

https://twitter.com/Aliiinusik/status/590182993001611264 at training with Zhenya

Last edited:

LRK

Record Breaker
Honestly, I don't see Plushy having horrible skates, embarrassing himself & his fans. (Though, really, he needn't be concerned on my account, at any rate; or try to spare my blushes - I'm proud to be his fan whatever happens!) I actually believe he is feeling much better than he did - and if he could skate as well as he actually has in such bad conditions, I don't see why things would suddenly turn worse. The question, of course, is how far his body will hold up to competitive training - but he's still "got" the quad, so it's not like he'll have to start from scratch like he had to do after his pre-Olympic surgery.

As for mental pressure. Plushy - A Mental Wreck? I don't see it... (shrug)

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
What? That stinks! The COP can be such a fail sometimes. :bang:
The StSq in COP has a base value dependent on levels (1-4). To achieve levels (ideally, 3 or 4), the skater has to do a variety of turns, in both directions. I'm not nearly pro enough to analyze step sequences, but practically every set of 6.0 steps would get low levels, because the skaters would often repeat turns/perform fast toe-work/aim for speed/quality over quantity, none of which get you levels (they potentially get you GOE, but that's not enough to make up for lost levels). Sometimes, steps under COP look kinda sluggish/not fitting the music/similar to everyone else's--and no wonder, since everyone's trying to cram in the exact same turns. Of course, some people still do nice steps under COP (and some people did not under 6.0).

At least, post-2010, the ISU introduced a choreographic sequence in the LP--basically, "do whatever you want, we just score you on GOE based on how well-done/exciting it was." That section could be used to incorporate something like the Tango and Flamenco steps.

Just as an example (with Plushy's 2013 Nationals LP, since we're on his thread), here's the step sequence, and here's the choreographic sequence.

Oops, rambled again. Not sure if you're interested, but I thought it would be nice to talk about something that's not just (un)retirement. :slink:

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Aww look at that, a Plushy in his natural habitat! ;)

Honestly, I don't see Plushy having horrible skates, embarrassing himself & his fans. (Though, really, he needn't be concerned on my account, at any rate; or try to spare my blushes - I'm proud to be his fan whatever happens!) I actually believe he is feeling much better than he did - and if he could skate as well as he actually has in such bad conditions, I don't see why things would suddenly turn worse. The question, of course, is how far his body will hold up to competitive training - but he's still "got" the quad, so it's not like he'll have to start from scratch like he had to do after his pre-Olympic surgery.

As for mental pressure. Plushy - A Mental Wreck? I don't see it... (shrug)

Yes! We should remember that he no longer has the screws in his back anymore, so that has to be good!

As for mental toughness, Plushy has that in spades!

The StSq in COP has a base value dependent on levels (1-4). To achieve levels (ideally, 3 or 4), the skater has to do a variety of turns, in both directions. I'm not nearly pro enough to analyze step sequences, but practically every set of 6.0 steps would get low levels, because the skaters would often repeat turns/perform fast toe-work/aim for speed/quality over quantity, none of which get you levels (they potentially get you GOE, but that's not enough to make up for lost levels). Sometimes, steps under COP look kinda sluggish/not fitting the music/similar to everyone else's--and no wonder, since everyone's trying to cram in the exact same turns. Of course, some people still do nice steps under COP (and some people did not under 6.0).

At least, post-2010, the ISU introduced a choreographic sequence in the LP--basically, "do whatever you want, we just score you on GOE based on how well-done/exciting it was." That section could be used to incorporate something like the Tango and Flamenco steps.

Just as an example (with Plushy's 2013 Nationals LP, since we're on his thread), here's the step sequence, and here's the choreographic sequence.

Oops, rambled again. Not sure if you're interested, but I thought it would be nice to talk about something that's not just (un)retirement. :slink:

No that's really interesting! I had no idea what the difference between a choreographic sequence and a footwork one, so thanks for the YouTube video, now I see. :biggrin:

I love Plushy's footwork sequences! Hope he got decent GOE on that. :points:

Last edited:

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
No that's really interesting! I had no idea what the difference between a choreographic sequence and a footwork one, so thanks for the YouTube video, now I see. :biggrin:

I love Plushy's footwork sequences! Hope he got decent GOE on that. :points:
Imo, definitely one of the better uses of the ChSq. Man, I wish that program had gotten more chances... if he'd skated it like how he skated at Europeans the previous year... *sigh*

It's Nationals. :p I'm too lazy to slog through the Russian to find the protocols, but I'm sure all the judges threw down +3s. :laugh:

anonymoose_au

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Imo, definitely one of the better uses of the ChSq. Man, I wish that program had gotten more chances... if he'd skated it like how he skated at Europeans the previous year... *sigh*

It's Nationals. :p I'm too lazy to slog through the Russian to find the protocols, but I'm sure all the judges threw down +3s. :laugh:

Yeah, I remember hearing he had a Swan program that was hardly used...such a shame! He should bring it back...with a more apt costume. I've been watching all his old programs and shows on YouTube (my bandwidth!) and he did a Swan performance in 2001 with a very nice costume indeed.

Oooh Nationals...well it's the same for every country....I'd totally have thrown down +3s too! ;)

anonymoose_au

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Open test skating 2012.... Евгений Плющенко, ПП, Открытые прокаты 2012 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ou6NmhHdf_M

Well the costume from the other one was even more swan-like here (the quality is crummy, but you get the idea), but that test skate one is great! Why didn't he wear it at Nationals 2013? I am disappoint... :p

Oh well, fingers crossed for new costumes soon!

LRK

Record Breaker
Shall we start speculating about how black - and how C-through - they will be... or shall we save it up to have something to occupy us later?;)

plushyfan

Record Breaker
Country
Hungary
Shall we start speculating about how black - and how C-through - they will be... or shall we save it up to have something to occupy us later?;)

LOL! :laugh: one of the programs probably flamenco-maybe his costume will be black and red

Oh, yes! that footwork! that program! That WCH! He exploded the arena! The audience didn't want to let go him of the ice. He skated three differente gala numbers :dance: In this program he really enjoyed himself!! :cool: Thus the audience was ecstatic, I'm sure if he didn't do anything just shows one of his fingers, the crowd screeming..

edit:
the time flies..yes he was much more younger here , he was just 20. Yesterday uploaded old video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qJVMYdayuXc&t=1m45s I love his face!!! and his smile!

Last edited:

moriel

Record Breaker
yeah that hafanana <3
i do miss the crazy footwork...
Now that would be mostly gala stuff =((