Evgeni Plushenko | Page 166 | Golden Skate

Evgeni Plushenko

plushyfan

Record Breaker
Country
Hungary
I like the idea of Flamenco. The flamenco would have been the new gala number, so probably we will see on summer shows.

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I tried, but I must be doing something wrong... as nothing happened. Oh, well...

Does this link work?

You can just copy-paste the text here: https://translate.google.ca/

I'm mixed on the idea of Flamenco. I may get chewed out for saying this in a Fan Fest, but... I never thought of Plushy as, er, "sexy." :slink: For the most part, I found his programs more tongue-in-cheek/playful (Once Upon a Time in America, Bolero, ect. I guess Tango Amore was the closest to being serious).

Yeah Plushy should do some more 'fun' programs, although I do love Tango Amore...and Dark Eyes in the black costume is my favourite...but if no-one does tongue-in-cheek programs like Plushy!

However, I'm on board if he plays up the "intense/dramatic" aspect. I love his Tango and Flamenco SP from 2004. Too bad that StSq can't make it through COP--perhaps he can do it as part of his ChSq in the end?

What? That stinks! The COP can be such a fail sometimes. :bang:

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I agree with you! And yes, I'm alive but I'm not too happy because of his comeback. :shocked:

I suppose it is a bit of a risk, but as long as he doesn't go out and completely bomb (which I can't see happening whatever place he finishes in a competition) I'll be happy.

I sure hope Snow King continues on as planned though!

Plumededragon

Medalist
I suppose it is a bit of a risk, but as long as he doesn't go out and completely bomb (which I can't see happening whatever place he finishes in a competition) I'll be happy.

I sure hope Snow King continues on as planned though!
I hope the SK will continue too... he's supposed to do a world tour, and lot of us have yet to see it. But how will he do this if he goes back to competition again? And if he DOES respect the original plan and does do the world tour, how will he combine this and a season of competition?...

Honestly, I'm 100% against his coming back because of his health. How I hope he'll realize it's pointless... He's the King, a living legend. He doesn't need to come back to competition. If he wants to compete, he should stick to pro events, like MWO. :hopelessness:

plushyfan

Record Breaker
Country
Hungary
I hope the SK will continue too... he's supposed to do a world tour, and lot of us have yet to see it. But how will he do this if he goes back to competition again? And if he DOES respect the original plan and does do the world tour, how will he combine this and a season of competition?...

Honestly, I'm 100% against his coming back because of his health. How I hope he'll realize it's pointless... He's the King, a living legend. He doesn't need to come back to competition. If he wants to compete, he should stick to pro events, like MWO. :hopelessness:

:thumbsup:

paulusfr

On the Ice

You don't clearly understand what he wants. As he says his purpose is to be on the podium of the Olympic Games (2018). He wants to be the only person who has medals in five different Olympic Games (This is his words verbatim; he always says it). He pursues a kind of selfish desires, but of course he has all the rights to do what he wants. Just most important point is that everything should be fair. Actually it is unlikely that he will be able to fight in single's, and I think he knows it. But in the team competition he can be on the podium. It is his main purpose.

plushyfan

Record Breaker
Country
Hungary
You don't clearly understand what he wants. As he says his purpose is to be on the podium of the Olympic Games (2018). He wants to be the only person who has medals in five different Olympic Games (This is his words verbatim; he always says it). He pursues a kind of selfish desires, but of course he has all the rights to do what he wants. Just most important point is that everything should be fair. Actually it is unlikely that he will be able to fight in single's, and I think he knows it. But in the team competition he can be on the podium. It is his main purpose.

Selfish desire?? Every athletes have only selfish desire.. Plus he brought so many glories for Russia. So I don't understand what you wanted to say. And I don't think we need to wait to 2018. We will know what he can do..

and you didn't answer me who was threatened by Plu and Yana?? Yagudin? LOL! He lied on Twitter. So sad, that such a great champion does a weird thing..

Last edited:

Plumededragon

Medalist
^well men are children forever you know.
lol, that's not untrue, actually.

No, honestly, I know what Plushy is aiming for, what he wishes to accomplish. That doesn't mean that I'll stop disapproving his return. I still do, and always will. At the end, especially for someone of his age who stayed in competitions for so long, the body will win over the mental. Especially in his case. He did the right thing to quit at Sochi in Men's single because he knew the pain in his back couldn't be ignored and was dangerous. But now, I'm afraid he'll start being reckless.

But at the same time, I don't want to talk badly too soon. Maybe things will be ok for him... but I'm honestly very very sceptical. :disapp:

solani

Record Breaker
Country
Austria
lol, that's not untrue, actually.

No, honestly, I know what Plushy is aiming for, what he wishes to accomplish. That doesn't mean that I'll stop disapproving his return. I still do, and always will. At the end, especially for someone of his age who stayed in competitions for so long, the body will win over the mental. Especially in his case. He did the right thing to quit at Sochi in Men's single because he knew the pain in his back couldn't be ignored and was dangerous. But now, I'm afraid he'll start being reckless.

But at the same time, I don't want to talk badly too soon. Maybe things will be ok for him... but I'm honestly very very sceptical. :disapp:
I think that his drawback at Sochi only showed that he knows exactly what he's able to do and what's safe for him. Hanyu would've skated. The worst think what can happen is, that he will have to drawback from competition again because of an injury. The big question is wether he can deliver the technical goods so that he can be satisfied with himself or not. I guess we will like him no matter what.

Plumededragon

Medalist
I think that his drawback at Sochi only showed that he knows exactly what he's able to do and what's safe for him. Hanyu would've skated. The worst think what can happen is, that he will have to drawback from competition again because of an injury. The big question is wether he can deliver the technical goods so that he can be satisfied with himself or not. I guess we will like him no matter what.
Yuzuru had a back problem at the beginning of the season and retired from Finlandia Trophy because of it. And what happened at CoC was totally different from Sochi.
But that's not the subject. As for Plushy, the chances of him getting injured are quite high. Though, he's probably aware of it so I hope he'll do what's necessary to avoid putting his health at risk. There's no point for him into taking more and more risk technically if it's going to end him in a wheelchair for good. I know, that sounds bad, but with his back, I'm very concerned... So yeah, he'll probably adapt. He has enough experience to know what to do.

I guess we'll see in the next months. But gosh, how I wish he'd not come back and stay safe instead. :no:

solani

Record Breaker
Country
Austria
Yuzuru had a back problem at the beginning of the season and retired from Finlandia Trophy because of it. And what happened at CoC was totally different from Sochi.
But that's not the subject. As for Plushy, the chances of him getting injured are quite high. Though, he's probably aware of it so I hope he'll do what's necessary to avoid putting his health at risk. There's no point for him into taking more and more risk technically if it's going to end him in a wheelchair for good. I know, that sounds bad, but with his back, I'm very concerned... So yeah, he'll probably adapt. He has enough experience to know what to do.

I guess we'll see in the next months. But gosh, how I wish he'd not come back and stay safe instead. :no:
Don't worry too much about him, he'll be fine. He wouldn't consider a comeback if his back would still trouble him. I do worry more about wether Mishin will split his attention equally between Plushenko and Elizaveta or if he'll focus on one of them.

LRK

Record Breaker
Don't worry too much about him, he'll be fine. He wouldn't consider a comeback if his back would still trouble him. I do worry more about wether Mishin will split his attention equally between Plushenko and Elizaveta or if he'll focus on one of them.

I do hope he'll have time enough for both Liza and Plushy - hopefully, if Plushy's back really isn't troubling him, then that should leave Papa Mishin free to give Liza the time and attention she needs. After all, he's like a second father to Plushy - I'm guessing that that whole experience must have been very mentally draining to him. Maybe Plushy will be able to give Liza some support too, if he's training along side her.

plushyfan

Record Breaker
Country
Hungary

Orser, Zueva, Krylova, Tutberidze and other famous and succesful coaches have more skaters. And don't think this will be problem.

today pic https://instagram.com/p/1sroG4QeMQ/ Plu and Nugumanova on Yubileiny ice. :cool:

Last edited: