Yulia Lipnitskaya | Page 210 | Golden Skate

Yulia Lipnitskaya

grantrf98

On the Ice
And I really wanna thank Eteri. In this season she went to every competition with Yulia (not every one with her other students). And this morning she was there with Yulia at K&C while Medvedeva was the next to skate.

I noticed this! I've heard comments saying that Yulia should leave Eteri. Why? Because she doesn't comfort her enough? From what I've observed, not many coaches comfort their students after a rough skate. Eteri is more comforting than a lot of the coaches. Eteri is committed to Yulia and will always be, and Yulia knows that. Eteri knows Yulia the best and a coaching change is a terrible suggestion.

Meoima

Match Penalty
I noticed this! I've heard comments saying that Yulia should leave Eteri. Why? Because she doesn't comfort her enough? From what I've observed, not many coaches comfort their students after a rough skate. Eteri is more comforting than a lot of the coaches. Eteri is committed to Yulia and will always be, and Yulia knows that. Eteri knows Yulia the best and a coaching change is a terrible suggestion.
What? Yulia should never leave Eteri!! I am sure both Yulia and Eteri don't want to.

Imagine

Medalist
If possible, I would like Yulia to stay with Eteri forever because obviously they have a very solid relationship. Eteri seems to know exactly what each of her athletes needs, and she's just been amazing. If you think about it, while Yulia deals with this tumultuous season of transition, Eteri is also right there fighting to adapt. I don't belive she's coached another skater with a profile quite like Yulia's, never having to go to an Olympics. Sure, Yulia is visibly suffering from a mix of stress, expectation, and her Olympic fame, but Eteri faces all of these challenges behind the scenes with the additional burden of being Yulia's main support. I bet on the inside, she must feel a bit lost about how to best overcome this new predicament, not expressing such sentiments so openly with Yulia of course. She is also learning as well. I mean even when she was on the sidelines before Yulia skated at the Nationals, it wasn't just about waiting for her skater to be called to perform. It looked to me like she was carefully studying Elizaveta...seeing what goes into making an inspiring comeback, and looking for any possible parallels that can apply to Yulia. I have faith in her abilities as a strategist, seeing what she has done with Evgenia and Seraphima this year. It'll be exciting to see what approaches they take in the coming months.

However, it could also be interesting how Yulia might develop with a coaching change. If she ever leaves Eteri, I hope it's on good terms...and only for the purpose of further self-discovery. She's still very young, and it's not necessarily a bad thing to be exposed to many different points of view. On that same token, I most certainly want to see Yulia try out another choreographer for her future programs...even if it's just for one of the SP or LP. She really does owe a lot to Averbukh's genius during the last season, but it would be nice to see her do something less similar. Well, only time will tell what becomes of Yulia...but it's good to know she's got some great people around.

Last edited:

Snow63

Pray one day we'll open our eyes.
Record Breaker
Anna POGORILAYA, Elena RADIONOVA, Elizaveta TUKTAMYSHEVA
riserves - Adelina Sotnikova, Alena Leonova, Maria Artemieva

Sotnikova will take part in 'test skates' along with B/S, scheduled on 15th of January. Final decision will be made on 16th of January. I bet Sotnikova will go to Euros.

Alba

Record Breaker
Sotnikova will take part in 'test skates' along with B/S, scheduled on 15th of January. Final decision will be made on 16th of January. I bet Sotnikova will go to Euros.

I don't think she will be able to go, If she is really injured. But hey, Anna's coach is ok if she goes. :biggrin:

Last edited:

Snow63

Pray one day we'll open our eyes.
Record Breaker
I don't think she will be able to go. If she is really injured.

It is the key word. I don't think the Federation is stupid enough to plan test skate for her if her injury was season-ending. We will see. I think we will be surprised.

adelia

Record Breaker
It is the key word. I don't think the Federation is stupid enough to plan test skate for her if her injury was season-ending. We will see. I think we will be surprised.
For show. They have to show that they are at least giving her a chance to prove herself. But I bet there will be an announcement that she is not fully recovered yet.

Alba

Record Breaker
For show. They have to show that they are at least giving her a chance to prove herself. But I bet there will be an announcement that she is not fully recovered yet.

Didn't she said 2 days ago that she isn't ready?

starlight97

Final Flight
I don't think she will be able to go, If she is really injured. But hey, Anna's coach is ok if she goes. :biggrin:
Couldn't hold that back there huh :biggrin:?
It would be very ironic!
But I don't think she'll go either. She really can't afford a meltdown with the whole world watching and having received an other girl's place and I just can't see her ready and able enough yet, it could end in a lose-lose situation for Anna and her.

Yulia now has a smiling sun as her avatar on Instagram :)
I think she'll be just fine.

MalAssada

Medalist
*sigh* Not even an alternate... Maybe it is for the best. I hope she takes a well deserved vacation and sort out her issues. I will be waiting for her comeback :yes: