Tessa Virtue & Scott Moir | Page 21 | Golden Skate

Tessa Virtue & Scott Moir

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
Have you guys drooled over this yet? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bkTaFtThYA0 (Beiber - Sorry) It's so on point. They could so easily pull off blues and hip hop. Is it October yet?

oooh, definitely my curiosity has just picked up - will be a must-to-watch after work today!

generaly - super excited for their return in competitive field, I really missed their presence, presentation of programs, great costumes, unique and personal take on some themes/rhythms.

Despite off all this debate and criticism around their return announcement/decision I trust that if they still have a fire to compete, a desire to work on new programs, new elements, a desire to expand some new directions they should do it, because the discipline will only benefit from their presence. Moreover - I have a feeling that they'll be more 'liberate' and 'free' about their competitive path, now they will be able to be more self-dependent in my opinion and they'll set goals and expectations from themselves. Hopefully they'll do some senior B or challenger competition before actual GP extravaganza...

honghe

On the Ice

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Just noticed that Tessa has a cute (and photogenic) new namesake, per a May 13 post (with May 1 photo) on Skate Canada's timeline:

A newborn kitten in BC was named after Tessa, per Apr 15 Tinykittens post/photo.
The mother is a rescue feral cat, whose litter was given Canadian skater names. Full name for the kitty is "Tessa Isabelle."
The kitty was born on April 12 or 13. She weighed 157 grams on Apr 14 (before the litter had been given names), per this post/photo:
Apr 18 photo of baby kitty Tessa with her littermates Elvis and Petra:
Tessa, Elvis, and Petra all have their eyes open on Apr 23:
Tessa the kitty on May 8:
Tessa the kitty on May 20 with a kitten from another litter:
May 23 video of Tessa the kitty playing with her brother Elvis:

Reminds me of the rescue seal pup :luv17: named after Scott in Vancouver last year:

Last edited:

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
With Tessa and Scott returning to competition, they need and deserve a great OP. Would anyone like to do one?

SarahSynchro

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
I can't wait to see them in competition again! I think they are simply the best, personally I don't even think they need to be worried about P/C. ;)

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
It has taken a couple of weeks, but in honor of Tessa and Scott's return to competition, I have updated their OP.

Please check it out and tell me about any mistakes and important omissions that I need to correct.

Thanks, guys!,

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Golden Skate Articles​

Suggestion/request:

Please add a link to the full ISU statement re the calculation error in Tessa/Scott's FD score at GPF 2011.
http://www.isu.org/en/single-and-pa...011/12/isu-judging-system-calculation-program (Dec 28, 2011)

... The difference of 0.5 points emanating from this calculation error was enough, to result in a switch in the Free Dance ranking of the ISU Grand Prix of Figure Skating Final 2011. As a matter of fact, Tessa Virtue / Scott Moir (CAN) should have been ranked in first place and Meryl Davis / Charlie White (USA) should have been ranked second in this segment when taking into account the corresponding correction. It is important to point out however that the final ranking (Short Dance and Free Dance combined) has not changed. ...

The official ISU results for the FD show only the erroneous score -- without any asterisk or footnote.
No indication that the error later was discovered -- or that without the error, Tessa and Scott would have won the FD.
I loved their Funny Face program, so I hope to prevent it from fading into complete obscurity that it was worthy of first place in the GPF FD.

And IMO, it's an interesting bit of history with or without V/M -- regarding a rare error in the ISU's calculations.

It has taken a couple of weeks, but in honor of Tessa and Scott's return to competition, I have updated their OP.

Please check it out and tell me about any mistakes and important omissions that I need to correct.

Thanks, guys!,

A million thanks to you, Doris :bow:.
Appreciate your weeks of work on this very extensive project.

A small FYI:
Scott does have a Instagram account. He barely has used it, but his two mini-videos were little gems :popcorn:, IMO.
instagram.com/scottmoir14
I love that one showed his self-deprecating sense of humor :laugh: :luv17: about his own fallibility; and the other showed his all-in support for a good cause (the ALS bucket challenge).

Last edited:

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Things to look forward to ... for some news/photos/video, I hope/expect :popcorn::

> High Performance Camp begins on Sep 1, it seems?
(It is the date of a HPC meet-and-greet for donors to Skate Canada.)​

> " ... Marie-France Dubreil and her team have invited TSL to document as Tessa Virtue and Scott Moir prepare to return to competition and face off against their training mates, the two-time World Champions, Gabriella Papadakis and Guillaume Cizeron. We will also check in on Madison Hubbell and Zachary Donohue. What is it that makes Marie-France so successful? What is her magic? The week after Labor Day, we're going to find out and share it with you. ..." (Source: funding page for "TSL on the Road 2016.")

(Mon Sep 5 is Labor/Labour Day in both the U.S. and Canada, lest anyone wonder.)​

Go, Tessa/Scott :yay:.

I made your suggested additions.

Belated thanks to you, Doris :bow:.

BTW, I have not kept up with the little kitty that a shelter named after Tessa.
But I have been meaning to post this old photo of Tessa the kitty -- b/c I love that the hashtag was #TinyFashionista :cool:.
https://www.instagram.com/p/BFPdNhiwVXr/ (posted on May 10 by @tinykittenshq)​
Appropriate :) for the namesake of Tessa Virtue, who has such a wonderful sense of style :bow:.

Last edited:

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
I am so excited that they will be at Autumn Classic!!! I will get to see them live!!!!!!! OMG!!! :)