Johnnie Weir to Cook again! | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Johnnie Weir to Cook again!

noskates

Record Breaker
Well I think in general that some of these "celebrities" are invited on these shows just to ramp up viewership. Bristol Palin always struck me as a spoiled, self-centered little brat. I think the only reason she went on DWTS was for the money since her baby daddy wasn't providing anything!! I didn't like her mother but had nothing against her until she pulled so much attitude with her partner Mark. She can't dance. Period. But with whoever was calling in, the show's producers realized they had a bit of a bonanza with her.

Johnny, whether you like him or not (and I do, very much) has a quirky personality and did give it his all on the Rachel and Guy show. The other contestants appeared to like him and he got with the program. He didn't pull any diva stuff at all! Yes he dresses to whatever his sense of style is :eek: but he doesn't take himself seriously and he is fun to watch. I can see where people would tune in to that show just to see what he's wearing!! I know I will.

heyang

Record Breaker
My objection to Bristol's 1st season was that I didn't feel she was a celebrity in her own right. While I don't recognize all of the 'stars' each season, they each had 'careers' that made them 'names' in some households. During season 1, Bristol's only claim to fame was being the daughter of an ex-vice-presidential candidate. Also, she didn't grow as much as the other celebrities and wasn't enjoying herself. I do believe she was invited back for a 2nd season as a controversial candidate - I was willing to give her a 2nd chance as she had some time to mature. However, her attitude didn't really change although she slightly improved in her dancing, which turned me off her even more. I just thank God that Kate Gosselin wasn't invited back.

Johnny had some minor diva moments on Rachel vs Guy when he didn't listen to his mentor's advice. Overall, I agree that he was trying hard and he did have some skills in the kitchen.

skateluvr

Record Breaker
While Johnny seems a natural for reality shows I'd rather see him on DWTS. I cannot stand cooking under pressure shows with a bunch of ridiculous ingredients. I really refuse to watch most reality TV. It is all so copycat and not worth the time. I think Johnny would have been a better choice than Doro for DWTS. Dorothy is barely known anymore though DWTS has an older demographic. I think his brand of in your face gaiety would surely fire up the show. Other than Ally Raisman and Doro since I loved her beautiful old fashioned skills, it is to me a pretty uninteresting bunch.

Singing and dancing shows have intrinsic value despite the competition aspect that is every other show.

I hate that a show like 'SMASH' is so rare and unique. Clearly low budget fare is what they're selling, as my cable bill doubles. Makes me positively yearn for the cheesefest skating competitions of the 90's. Hard to believe we don't have the elites doing an American Battle of the Blades.

Michelle-front the money-we know you must still want to do something to revive skating. Reality skating-now I am sure they can sell that to Americans if we are all watching the other @rap!

Bristol Palin was a very poor dancer. Sarah would have been a coup and fun to snark about if she was as good as her kid.

My objection to Bristol's 1st season was that I didn't feel she was a celebrity in her own right. While I don't recognize all of the 'stars' each season, they each had 'careers' that made them 'names' in some households. During season 1, Bristol's only claim to fame was being the daughter of an ex-vice-presidential candidate. Also, she didn't grow as much as the other celebrities and wasn't enjoying herself. I do believe she was invited back for a 2nd season as a controversial candidate - I was willing to give her a 2nd chance as she had some time to mature. However, her attitude didn't really change although she slightly improved in her dancing, which turned me off her even more. I just thank God that Kate Gosselin wasn't invited back.

Johnny had some minor diva moments on Rachel vs Guy when he didn't listen to his mentor's advice. Overall, I agree that he was trying hard and he did have some skills in the kitchen.

Precisely because I don't agree with Palin and her family politically, I was willing to give her the benefit of the doubt. If she'd thrown herself into the experience and treated Mark right (one of my favorite pro dancers--such a splendid choreographer!), I'd have rooted for her. I enjoyed Tucker Carlson for the day or so that he was on there. He didn't try to do much dancing, but he seemed to be enjoying himself. But Bristol was so whiny, very much like Kate Gosselin, whom I also came to dislike. Man, Buzz Aldrin tried harder, and he was about eighty years old.

It seemed as if Johnny took his task on the cooking show seriously enough to try really hard. I saw his limitations: didn't cook with certain ingredients, such as hot dogs; couldn't deal with children's dishes (or children!). But he clearly had some skills and a good temper. I love how well he and Dean got along. It was like watching a bear and a terrier puppy.

noskates

Record Breaker
OMG Olympia, you have me laughing outloud. Woke the cats! Watching a bear and a terrier puppy is so apt!

I guess I don't think not listening to your mentor is a "diva moment" though. I think Johnny worked within his frame of reference. And he was actually rewarded for that. The kids and the hot dogs were his undoing. It doesn't surprise me that he signed on for another cooking show because he seemed to really enjoy Guy and Rachel show.

Heyang - totally agree with you about Bristol. I do watch some reality shows (The Voice - LOVE Adam Levine) and it's clear they have a hidden agenda with some of the people they bring on. They KNEW Bristol would be controversial but her attitude and lack of wanting to work was disrespectful to Mark Ballas. She was only slightly better than Kate Gosselin. Both had the "ick" factor for me though. I would guess Johnny wouldn't go on DWTS until he's truly given up competitive figure skating. I read a blog he wrote for ESPN and he still wants to compete. He said he realized after watching Nationals this year that he has to work very, very hard to even be on the same ice. Time will tell. But I think he would be great on DWTS. He'd certainly love the costumes!!!! I would love to see him dance with Lacey Schwimmer or Chelsie Hightower.