2013 Junior Worlds Ladies FS | Page 12 | Golden Skate

2013 Junior Worlds Ladies FS

So i guess tiny jumps and skating through the music is what counts now. Nice going. :bang:

I hate this sport as much as I love it...

TES is TES, PCS is PCS. Those are two different things.

Somebody can land six quads. If they aren't skating to the music, they aren't skating to the music and should get destroyed on the IN mark.

Why can't the stupid judges start marking different aspects of skating independently. It's just so frustrating.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Eh whatever, I hope Samantha know she did her best and here's to further success for her at the senior level.

vera01

Final Flight
Oh Samatha...what a shame. I did notice some UR's but sheesh. And so nice to see a beautiful spreak eagle again. (A hard thing to do right by the way...especially a beautiful Cohen type spread eagle.)

I would have had her 2nd...

I agree. Samantha had one of the most mature, beautiful performances tonight. I think she deserved to be on the podium here...

Kinga

Medalist
Samantha's jumps looked huge. I do not get the URs.... Sorry, but Anna P. and Julia's jumps let a lot to be desired. Yet, they were not 'punished' in TES.
Not to mention PCS...
It's a travesty.

bramweld

Record Breaker
Very, very Sad. First and second you understand. But Anna was better than that!!! Something smells dirty, her PCS should have overcome any TES shortcomings shouldn't it? Will the judges do the same at world championships for ice dancing? Why bother watching:eek:

samba

On the Ice
Anna was overmarked, her jumps landings were a mess, none were secured. Samantha should be 3rd.

TontoK

Hot Tonto
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I'll be interested in seeing the protocols for this one.

I hope she can find a way to see the positives in this result. She came in to the free as the leader, and delivered a nice program. That's not a small thing.

The Russian girls show good promise... the first two, anyway, but the star of the night, for me, was from Japan.

She's a future star.

Jammers

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
All i know is the Russian girls are not all that. Those smallish jumps will not survive in the future.

yuki

Final Flight
I'm a bit puzzled by Samantha's PCS. She was below Elena and just narrowly beat Julia... seriously? :eek:hwell:
Satoko's PCS were a joke. It's a shame that, at least in the judges' eyes, her qualities as an overall skater are overshadowed by her tiny jumps.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
And thanks to that funny judging I think the US Junior Ladies loses a few JGP spots this fall. Bleh. As if we needed fewer spots for the junior ladies in the U.S.

Icey

Record Breaker
THe coaches and choreographers need to start choosing age appropriate music for some of the younger "girls". Many are simply overwhelmed by the music they are skating to. And to both, there is so much great music out there, do we still have to use the same ones over and over and over?

Imo the upper age limit for juniors needs to be lowered.

Last edited:

Totentanz

Ursula Gumennik
Medalist
I really liked both SP and FS of Samantha! She is a promising skater. It's not that everybody has to shine when she is younger. Let's see how she does in the senior arena next season.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Four URs for Samantha? WHAT THE HECK?! Sorry....some of the landings were close, but seriously...and they tacked on -GOE on top of that when they should've given her +GOE for the height and what not.

Anna was overmarked, her jumps landings were a mess, none were secured. Samantha should be 3rd.

She also lacks polish. Her movements were really awkward.

THe coaches and choreographers need to start choosing age appropriate music for some of the younger "girls". Many are simply overwhelmed by the music they are skating to.

Definitely.

Radionova is 13, Lipnitskaya is 14. Why can't they skate to something lighter, more fun, more upbeat? Why the dreary classical music?

bramweld

Record Breaker
The USA should protest, seriously. Anna's jumps were so poorly landed. That looked like dirty judging, poor Samantha:cry: