2024 World Junior Championships Men's Short Program | Page 19 | Golden Skate

2024 World Junior Championships Men's Short Program

Jumping_Bean

Record Breaker
I saw your comment and decided to not comment further 😭
His spins usually are borderline unwatchable so... At least he didn't get a V today and even got a few level 4s. For some reason his spins rarely are punished within Japan, but internationally.... Yeah, he's not a good spinner, so you have to take what you can get. :shrug:

rabidline

Final Flight
His spins usually are borderline unwatchable so... At least he didn't get a V today and even got a few level 4s. For some reason his spins rarely are punished within Japan, but internationally.... Yeah, he's not a good spinner, so you have to take what you can get. :shrug:
Japanese men spins are mostly tragic in both junior and senior level, so that may explain their local scoring standards.

rabidline

Final Flight
Japan, like basically all countries (except for Korea, I think) has two very different groups of male skaters - Those with gorgeous spins and those with abysmal spins, basically nobody between that 😅
For me most of them are abysmal. It's like a national inheritance.

Jumping_Bean

Record Breaker
For me most of them are abysmal. It's like a national inheritance.
That's because you probably only see the Japanese skaters who make it to international competitions and those are usually the strong jumpers, and strong jumpers are often not strong spinners. 😬

Wouldn't say Shoma, Yuzu or Yuma for example have abysmal spins - At least not now.