2013 Junior Worlds Ladies FS | Page 9 | Golden Skate

2013 Junior Worlds Ladies FS

Marking taking ages because they are surely reviewing all of Miyahara's jumps for < and <<. :p

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
You know, Satoko and her jumps may be small, but I liked this performance better than any other so far. Those low landings are nail biters but she really is starting to be able to create a mood. I think this is a good music choice for her, and good choreo.

Yes, I agree totally! If she can get control of those URs....

And the judges are taking their dear sweet time with the score, not a good sign.

kwanatic

Check out my YT channel, Bare Ice!
Record Breaker
why ? were Elena's any better , if you call arm flailing IN
Julia had more transitions at the first half

Well give Julia the edge in transitions but Elena is much better at CH, IN, and PE than Julia. Julia skates. Elena performs.

bigsisjiejie

Record Breaker
Oy. Miyahara must have a bunch of UR's. But I disagree her PCS should be that much below the Russian girls. Grr.....

Brenda

On the Ice
Loved seeing Julia's face change when the scores come up. Too bad NBC Olympic coverage will totally make her out to be a diva/***** a la Mustafina in London. I personally do enjoy seeing athletes wear their emotion on their sleeve.

I think Julia's senior length program is better, she at least holds her extensions longer then. In this shorter version, her spirals only last milliseconds.

Leonardo

Final Flight
Satoko was totally robbed in pcs. No doubt about that. She deserved at least a 53 total (ahead of lipnitskaia). Small jumps have nothing to do with any of the program components, that 47 was a joke.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
Loved seeing Julia's face change when the scores come up. Too bad NBC Olympic coverage will totally make her out to be a diva/***** a la Mustafina in London. I personally do enjoy seeing athletes wear their emotion on their sleeve.

wait till if she makes the Olympics Team
I want to see her reaction to her scores, she is the most feistiest skater out there

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Anna POGORILAYA (RUS)

Music: Danse de Phryne from "Faust" by Charles Gounod

3Lz+3T - stepout
2A+3T - shaky
FCSp
3Lz
2A
3S - forward, held on
CCoSp
3F+2T+2T - e
3Lo - stepout
StSq
LSp

Lots of small messy landing, but she jumps high and rotated.

FS: 56.56 + 49.78 = 106.34
Tot: 160.32, in 3rd (our of 23)

Last edited:

Kinga

Medalist
I dont care about Satoko URs and small jumps. She had the best performance. Period. Judges must be blind.

Anna P performance was just blah...

kwanatic

Check out my YT channel, Bare Ice!
Record Breaker
Loved seeing Julia's face change when the scores come up.

She has the best b*tchface in the field right now! :laugh: I like that she doesn't sugarcoat her emotions too...when she's pissed, you know it.

katymay

Medalist
Just wondering - is it considered good technique to land her jumps with such bent knees? I always thought it was a product of her low jumps...

No, she also swings her leg wide to balance...but heck she is a tiny thing, it is amazing she can even DO those jumps at this point. (Even if UR)

bigsisjiejie

Record Breaker
Another Russian lady poor music choice and poor choreo. Anna P. looks completely out of control there. Rather sloppy.

Pogorilaya really lacks polish. The program wasn't bad but she needs to push more with the expression and show more conviction on her movements.

Satoko was totally robbed in pcs. No doubt about that. She deserved at least a 53 total (ahead of lipnitskaia). Small jumps have nothing to do with any of the program components, that 47 was a joke.

Yes. :(