Frank Carroll returns to the Toyota Sports Center | Golden Skate

Frank Carroll returns to the Toyota Sports Center

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
http://web.icenetwork.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20130522&content_id=48303558&vkey=ice_news

(05/22/2013) - Frank Carroll, who has guided skaters to four Olympic medals and 11 world medals, has renewed his partnership with the Toyota Sports Center in El Segundo, Calif. Carroll returns after leaving the Toyota Sports Center in 2011 to be closer to his home in Palm Springs, Calif.
"Our figure skating department is thrilled to have the return of this elite level of training," said Juliette Harton, director of skating at the Toyota Sports Center. "It raises the level of excellence in everything we do, and the new energy is inspiring. Mr. Carroll brings strong, respected leadership to a superb staff deep with Olympic-, world- and national-level coaches."

Hm....I wonder if Mirai would consider returning to him?

Jammers

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Makes me wonder if the ice rink in Palm Springs was so unsuitable for world class skaters to train at why they were using it in the first place.

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
Because Frank C was trying to semi-retire at his 70-something age. :)

This is what I understood also from previous interviews with Frank.

I believe this season may be Frank's last hurrah, we know that Denis
will be in Sochi and possibly Evan will be training towards that goal.
Frank will be busy.

tulosai

Record Breaker
I find this to be really annoying of him, frankly. If he was trying to semi-retire, then he should actually semi-retire. I know that's not a wholly rational thought, but what was the point of his even doing this then?

Admittedly, part of my attitude probably stems from my frustration over the Nagasu situation.

jenaj

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I think this is mainly because of Denis. Now that Denis is a medal contender in Sochi, there is more focus on his training. I think it likely that the Kaz government is involved in his funding. I also think money had something to do with Frank's move back to LA.

venlac

On the Ice
I think this is mainly because of Denis. Now that Denis is a medal contender in Sochi, there is more focus on his training. I think it likely that the Kaz government is involved in his funding. I also think money had something to do with Frank's move back to LA.

I think this speculation is not realistic